Thread: Diablo 3 Coming To Consoles [Slashdot]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Diablo 3 Coming To Consoles [Slashdot]

RobinEggs writes "After long speculation and a few affirmative hints, Blizzard has confirmed that Diablo 3 will have a console version. Responding to a fan who asked him to 'confirm or deny' a console version of D3, Blizzard community manager Bashiok said, 'Yup. Josh Mosqueira is lead designer for the Diablo console project.' Here's hoping Blizzard remains one of the few companies to fully develop both the console and PC version of their titles, rather than simply porting the Xbox version to PC. I think we've all had enough of bizarre scrolling, menus that can't be used with a mouse, and 'Controls' menus that don't even bother replacing the 360 controller image with an actual keyboard layout."

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm usually a console gamer, but I'm definitely getting D3 for PC. Besides, who knows when the console version would come out?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    I'm usually a console gamer, but I'm definitely getting D3 for PC. Besides, who knows when the console version would come out?
    True. Something also tells me this guy is in a lot of trouble as Blizzard never announces things this way and is super private about what they are developing that hasn't been officially announced.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

lol this is funny, Kupomogli posted a thread about this first, and ServBot made a duplicate post this time.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Can work, but i still rather have it on PC. It was commonly know that they would try to bring it out for the console for quite some time now, but i could bet that it's still a better experience on the PC. I wonder who is responsible though, Blizzard did some wonky things after the whole activision thing.
    Fanboys destroy everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Haven't been excited about Diablo 3 cause i'm already playing PC games I love that I doubt it will top like Star Wars: ToR and the beta for Path of Exile seems much better imo.

Regardless Blizzard fans will be Blizzard fans and buy it regardless of what any naysayers have to say, but it seems much better suited for consoles imho, [Anti-Flamesuit] mainly cause it has been dumbed down. [/Anti-Flamesuit]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm far from a blizzard fan, and I'm excited for this. I only started playing diablo last summer. It was fun, but multiplayer was a nightmare. The game's UI and mechanics are obviously ancient and in dire need of an update. It was damn near impossible to take a group of four "new" players and try to have them quest together. No one knew where to go, people would wander off and get lost. It lasted about an hour before everyone got bored and gave up. Just the ability to play in something better then 800x600 would be nice.

Lately i've been looking for multiplayer experiences I can easily play with friends (minecraft, Unreal Tournament 99, Realm of the Mad God, etc...). Diablo 3 looks like it'll fit the bill nicely.

From everything Blizzard's said so far, i think they're still years off from releasing a console version of the game. They've said they want the console version to be a different experience, i take that to mean they have something in mind other then a straight port.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear God I hope that the communities are separated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Haven't been excited about Diablo 3 cause i'm already playing PC games I love that I doubt it will top like Star Wars: ToR and the beta for Path of Exile seems much better imo.

Regardless Blizzard fans will be Blizzard fans and buy it regardless of what any naysayers have to say, but it seems much better suited for consoles imho, [Anti-Flamesuit] mainly cause it has been dumbed down. [/Anti-Flamesuit]
    I thought path of exile beta is okay but after playing the beta of Diablo 3, I still will prefer to play Diablo 3, I really don't agree with you that it's been dumbed down but of course you say that only fanboys will like it, So I wouldn't change your mind.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

While I find the thought of a console version intriguing, I'm already getting the game for free due to that WoW year pass thing.