Thread: Flea Markets in Virginia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Markets in Virginia

Hello All!

I saw a post for someone looking for flea markets near Chicago and so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of any in Virginia? Or anywhere to get retro games for that matter.

Thanks

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Virginia is just a bit bigger than Chicago. Are you near the Hampton Roads area? If so I may be able to help.

There are 2-3 fleas in Norfolk, 1 in Hampton and some retro stores I visit often in Virginia Beach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I live near Charlottesville and I don't mind occasionally driving long distances for retro game hunting. If you could provide the specifics of the locations I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
    Virginia is just a bit bigger than Chicago. Are you near the Hampton Roads area? If so I may be able to help.

There are 2-3 fleas in Norfolk, 1 in Hampton and some retro stores I visit often in Virginia Beach.
    I usually vacation in the Norfolk/Hampton area and would love to know where some flea markets are. The only one that I know of in Virginia is the Virginia Bazaar. It is right off of I95 in Ladysmith, exit 110. They have indoor dealers year round and outside dealers in nice weather. That is where I picked up a loose copy of Dragon Warrior IV for $1.

http://www.vabazaar.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sometimes stop by a flea market called Happy's in Roanoke. It's a real sh** hole, but you can sometimes find venders that sell retro games dirt cheap. I actually got my wallet pick pocketed last time I went, so I am here hoping that someone will suggest some better places.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For storefronts, Cool Stuff on Holland Road in Virginia Beach and either of the Replays stores (especially the one on Kempsville Rd) have a great selection. Video Game Heaven is local also and has a lot of stuff from what I have heard (never been to the storefront - only the old flea booth) but the owner wants ebay prices on most things. You may get lucky there tho. I bought all three of my SNES Competition carts there for $10 each.

Hit and miss on the flea of course but Ingram's on Military Hwy in Norfolk and Big Top Flea on Sewells Point Road are usually ok. There is a new location nearby for Bill's Flea Market since the old one burned down a year or so ago but I have not been by there to check it out. Jefferson Flea Market on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News is also ok. I tend to find more DVDs, tools than games but it has a lot of different outdoor sellers every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the information. I have checked a few thrifts in the general area, but didn't have too much luck. I also remember doing a "Game Crazy" run, checking out 3 or 4 stores down there before they went out of business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
    For storefronts, Cool Stuff on Holland Road in Virginia Beach and either of the Replays stores (especially the one on Kempsville Rd) have a great selection. Video Game Heaven is local also and has a lot of stuff from what I have heard (never been to the storefront - only the old flea booth) but the owner wants ebay prices on most things. You may get lucky there tho. I bought all three of my SNES Competition carts there for $10 each.
    Video Game Heaven has a good selection of games on most systems including the 3DO, Turbo, CD-I, Jaguar, TI-99, and a whole display of imports. Some items are quite steep and can exceed eBay prices, but a majority of their inventory is fairly priced and you occasionally find an incredible deal or rare item. Their inventory gets stocked off trade-ins and crazy bulk orders on eBay and other sources, hence how they get some interesting titles and systems. It's owned by an older couple and they hire kids (17-24 year olds) to operate the store and are nice, friendly people to chat with. One of the guys has arcade gear (which sometimes pops up in the store too) and shows up at local arcade, pinball, and other gaming gatherings.

It's worth a good 15 minutes of looking around.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

No flea markets that I know of in Northern Virginia, but there are about six or seven thrift stores within a 30-45 minute drive, more if you count the one in the military base. I can't wait to go home and check out the new Goodwill that opened up down the street from my house!
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta