Thread: Pacman Championship dx, Anyone playing, Addicted.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pacman Championship dx, Anyone playing, Addicted.

Has anyone played Pacman championship dx on ps3 or xbox 360? I can’t get over how much fun this game is. It's like they took classic pacman and threw in some crack, I love it!

The different mazes and eating a line of 20 or 30 ghost is fun as hell, It’s also cool how it goes into slow motion when you’re about to be killed. It's also nice to have all of the customization. You can pick the look of the mazes characters and select the bmg track for each round. I wish they would release this in disc form or for the 3ds. They already released pacman championship edition on pacman and galaga dimensions but it’s just not as fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdNaHSuAV-g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Pacman CE DX is the best game on XBLA hands down. According to Xbox.com, I've played it over 80 hours since last March. Pacman. For 80 hours. I'll pick it up and play for an hour just to shave off a few seconds from my leaderboard times. So much fun. "Addicted" is about right.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked it and got a pretty good high score on both Pacman CE games.. but I eventually had my fill of them. Once you know a pattern (easy by just watching the high score replays from other players) it just becomes a repetition of pulling off the moves with as little mistakes as possible.. so it becomes a mere tweaking of scores. e.g. "oh I scored 1,385,000.." a couple games later you score a couple more hundred points, repeat until you get as high as possible. And really to do that you need a perfect control scheme which is a dedicated 4-way Joystick, which I just don't have for the 360.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Really awesome rendition of Pac-Man and worth every dollar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    According to Xbox.com, I've played it over 80 hours since last March.
    Where did you locate that statistic? I've never noticed that they tracked the time played for each game.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Where did you locate that statistic? I've never noticed that they tracked the time played for each game.
    Indeed, I would like to know this as well.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Xbox Live Rewards has a "Statistics" section that shows your top 5 games (hours played) for the last 6 months and compares it to the "Community". I'd link to it, but I'm on my phone.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I'm addicted enough to the regular CE on 3DS to fuss with DX but I'll get around to it eventually. I tried playing the original and it felt like it was running about 4 ticks too slow from what I've become used to with CE. Especially on the Highway challenge level.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh yeah I forgot the one thing about the original Pacman CE that pissed me off was they friggin deleted everybody's high scores about a year ago!

I used to be on the leaderboards with a score of about 354k, but that's long gone. Thanks Xbox Live.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Robocop2, Im playing ce on the 3ds two. I grabbed pacman & galaga dimensions for 20 bucks at walmart. I like both versions but i miss the ghost trains on the 3ds. Galaga leigons makes up for it though.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Game is definitely crack, and on my top 10 of all time faves.
    At one point I was #2 in the world overall on XBOX out of 70k players. Didnt play for a year or more, and recently fired it up again.
    Still in top 100 overall out of ~250k, might try to move that rank up. Time to tape my thumb, and go watch some replays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Pac-Man CE DX is basically gaming nirvana. I've never loved an XBLA game as much as it. To the extent I actually put the time in to bump myself up the leaderboards to a not-too-shabby 127th (down about a dozen places from that now though). I'd be higher if I gave a toss about Ghost Combo.

I still bang away at it from time to time just to add a couple of thousand onto my top scores. Still can't crack 2 million on Championship II 5 minutes.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was #3 in the world on 360 for the first 5 min board and #2 for the cumulative time attack for about a week after it first came out. Now the leaderboard is dominated by cheaters/hackers. Scores in the billions for 5 min time attack... right. It is still fun to chase high scores in that game, but there's no way to compare yourself to "the best" or see legit videos of all of the high score masters like you could right after release. Kind of a bummer. Still an awesome game though, it really gets the heart pumping when you nail that perfect run. Then you slightly tweak the route to see if you can get an even higher score, and perfect that one, only to change it up again... fun times.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by rlemmon View Post
    Robocop2, Im playing ce on the 3ds two. I grabbed pacman & galaga dimensions for 20 bucks at walmart. I like both versions but i miss the ghost trains on the 3ds. Galaga leigons makes up for it though.
    Yeah Legions is definitely a nice consolation prize. It's funny that I have several games for my 3DS and yet this one getst the most play out of them all with StarFox running a distant second. 20 bucks is a pretty decent deal for that game. I think I paid 30 for it back when the 3DS price drop happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.