Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just had a fangasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was wondering how they were going to keep it fresh. The game's fun to dabble with for a little while, but I never really found it compelling.

Anyway, no point in getting excited yet until it's actually released.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That looks epic...more than enough reason to replay through my most beaten games of all time :P. I would be even more impressed if it were a homebrew release on a system instead of a web game
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Did I just see Haggle Man from Retro Game Challenge in there? That does look pretty epic.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

They have really overhauled the features on this game. So, I see at least 3 new modes on this.

SNES All-Stars mode
    Gameboy mode
    Super Mario Bros. 3 NES mode

But, I still think that for those that have already played it to death, it will only add a little bit more replay value for them. If they could expand it to smb2j the lost levels, or smb2 usa, then I could see a resurgence of freshness and popularity. Or multi-player co-op alone on Super Mario Bros. would be enough to make this the must play web game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Weren't some of those definitely not SMB1 levels?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Interesting. I was aware of the first game, but never really spent much time with it.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Wow, it' pretty amazing how they seem to have even gotten all the control schemes down pat. Sophia the 3rd slides around just like in Blaster Master, etc. Pretty cool. I'll give this a try!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best part???It has Mario Land 2 levels and music. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I cant wait for it to come out, just like with ABOBO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Great to see characters from both GameCenter CX 1 and 2 represented.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by rkotm View Post
    The best part???It has Mario Land 2 levels and music.
    While some of the new stuff definitely doesn't look like SMB levels, it really doesn't look like SML2 levels either. SML2 didn't have mushroom platforms anywhere, for one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Weren't some of those definitely not SMB1 levels?
    No. I checked it over again, and they're all SMB1 levels, but with some touch ups and enemies from their respective modes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    While some of the new stuff definitely doesn't look like SMB levels, it really doesn't look like SML2 levels either. SML2 didn't have mushroom platforms anywhere, for one.
    Starting at :57 until 1:25, its SML2, with SML2 music. I dunno what you're on about. Sure the mushroom ledges are new, but 99% of the sprites/music in those parts are from SML2, but done as new levels of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Starting at :57 until 1:25, its SML2, with SML2 music. I dunno what you're on about. Sure the mushroom ledges are new, but 99% of the sprites/music in those parts are from SML2, but done as new levels of course.
    No, the first clip is SMB 1-1, then 2-1, and so on. It even says the worlds on the top. I guess you haven't played Super Mario Bros. enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    No, the first clip is SMB 1-1, then 2-1, and so on. It even says the worlds on the top. I guess you haven't played Super Mario Bros. enough.
    Its clearly SMB1 from 00:01 to 00:57 seconds, i see that. However, after that it's using Super Mario Land 2 engine/sprites (mostly, just not the mushroom ledges) until 1:25 (starting at 00:57 seconds in, now.) of the video. After that, it's shows other Mario games.. I guess you clearly don't know how to use youtube. Or any video for that matter. The game graphic used here that has the ''MARIO - TIME - SCORE'' etc. graphic, which is based off of SMB, and is used throughout the various Mario games that are being re-created. I know what i'm talking about. I'm not trying to start a Super Mario Land 2/ Super Mario Bros. debate. Just clearing something up .
    Last edited by rkotm; 01-19-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Its clearly SMB1 from 00:01 to 00:57 seconds, i see that. However, after that it's using Super Mario Land 2 engine/sprites (mostly, just not the mushroom ledges) until 1:25 (starting at 00:57 seconds in, now.) of the video. After that, it's shows other Mario games.. I guess you clearly don't know how to use youtube. Or any video for that matter. The game graphic used here that has the ''MARIO - TIME - SCORE'' etc. graphic, which is based off of SMB, and is used throughout the various Mario games that are being re-created. I know what i'm talking about. I'm not trying to start a Super Mario Land 2/ Super Mario Bros. debate. Just clearing something up .
    I was talking about the time frame you mentioned. Those are the same exact levels that are in Super Mario Bros. but with different sprites and enemies/characters, as I mentioned in my earlier post as I was referring to modes. Please don't try to tell me that I don't know how to use a video. Please, can I have someone else who knows these games back me up, cause this almost sounds like you're trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What point are you trying to make? That the levels shown in the video are recreating SMB1's levels but with different sprites from other mario games in place? Or are you saying that there's no semblance of Mario Land 2 anywhere to be found in this video/game (Whether it's music, sprites, level design, etc)? I'm saying that there are sprites, backgrounds, and enemies/Mario sprites in that section of the video, meaning it's got some levels in this new crossover that occur in Super Mario Land 2, at some point. Different themes for different worlds? Have you played SMBX?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

What point are you trying to make? That the levels shown in the video are recreating SMB1's levels but with different sprites from other mario games in place? Or are you saying that there's no semblance of Mario Land 2 anywhere to be found in this video/game (Whether it's music, sprites, level design, etc)? I'm saying that there are sprites, backgrounds, and enemies/Mario sprites in that section of the video, meaning it's got some levels in this new crossover that occur in Super Mario Land 2, at some point. Different themes for different worlds? Have you played SMBX?
    Yes, I am saying that the levels shown in the video are recreating SMB1's levels but with different sprites from other mario games in place. I notice what they are doing, with the Mario Land 2 stuff, it's cool, but it's ontop of the SMB levels. And for your question about having played Super Mario Bros. X. No I have not, but I have played Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and Super Mario Bros. from Super Mario All-stars. Hell, I've played and own more Mario games than most gamers even know about.
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 01-20-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Yes, I am saying that the levels shown in the video are recreating SMB1's levels but with different sprites from other mario games in place. I notice what they are doing, with the Mario Land 2 stuff, it's cool, but it's ontop of the SMB levels. And for your question about having played Super Mario Bros. X. No I have not, but I have played Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros. DX and Super Mario Bros. from Super Mario All-stars. Hell, I've played and own more Mario games than most gamers even know about.
    Well, the way the game works is that it is a crossover of Mario games and backgrounds and sprites, but all new functions and the styles even mix. Fun game, with control pad support. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_p2Y8CG7Y
    This new game Crossover 2.0 is i think all new levels with Mario styled games from lots of eras.