Thread: Gaikai will introduce your mom to hardcore gaming through Facebook [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Gaikai will introduce your mom to hardcore gaming through Facebook [Joystiq]

Streaming service Gaikai has finalized a deal to bring hardcore PC game demos to Facebook, following previous deals made with YouTube, Wal Mart and others. Gaikai said it has been working with Facebook for some time, and it sees this as a golden opportunity for both parties.

"Facebook already owns the category of casual gaming; we're going to help them own core games," founder David Perry said at Cloud Gaming Europe, GamesIndustry reports. "A click and boom, you're playing World of Warcraft."

Perry demoed World of Warcraft on Facebook, but later clarified to GameSpot that Gaikai "is NOT bringing WoW to Facebook (at least not in the foreseeable future)." Gaikai's approach to streaming games sees it in more of a marketing role than a game-provider, but introducing the Facebook audience to more hardcore opportunities shouldn't be a bad thing. Unless your mom starts sending you invites to join her guild page, "Massive Mamacitas."Gaikai will introduce your mom to hardcore gaming through Facebook originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I laugh at the statement put forth in this news item since 1. my mom hates Facebook; 2. she's absolutely not a gamer, despite my efforts.

She loves Myst and that's about it. I tried getting her into Lego Star Wars, but she quickly got bored with it. Incidentally, she recently bought a software bundle for her Mac that included Neverwinter Nights 2. I doubt she'll get into NWN2 any more than most games that are not Myst (aside from Scene It on 360, if that counts for anything). She's a geek in other ways, but not for video games, and it's not a Facebook app that'll change that.

This being said, maybe closeted potential gamers would make a great gaming discovery, but color me skeptical.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

My mom has no facebook and never will and would not touch a game with a ten foot pole. Also when the fuck did Wow become hardcore? It's casual. Maybe not Farmville casual but casual like Call of Duty.

Life!? ... What console is that on?