Thread: n64, ps1 ff7, dreamcast, and psp slim kiosks values?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default n64, ps1 ff7, dreamcast, and psp slim kiosks values?

I've had these for awhile and im just wondering how much you guys think there worth since most of them I haven't seem sold.

so first up the n64 kiosk,

ps1 kiosk its missing the top playstation light up on the top other then that i think its all there

psp 2000 kiosk its missing the slide in information sheet things if anyone has some for sale shoot me a pm

dreamcast kiosk like all the other ones the one hinge is broken

also i have a demo game for it i can't seem to find any information about

I also have a sonic adventure gam thats not for resale but it doesn't say demo on it so im guessing its a pack in not a kiosk disk?

And last i have some nintendo cabnets that i have no idea what they would be valued at they have mario on the side for n64 era as well as nintendo .

I also have 100+ retractable game holders for them and theres 3 of them.

Another thing i would'nt mind getting a value of is a box of 6000+ nintendo scratch cards there o pee chee so there from canada from 1989 they are all un scratched and in the orginal box they would have been shipped with i can take pictures if anyone has any clue that it could be worth.
    Last edited by darkcat; 01-18-2012 at 07:37 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Kiosk units can be worth 100-200 or more (depending on condition/completness) but the problem is that they are all heavy as hell and you can't easily ship the bastards. Shipping will either require a total breakdown of the unit, packaging it into smaller boxes and then mailing (with hoping that nothing gets damaged and that all the pieces arrive), or getting it palatized and moved out. Either way, you're going to get close to doubling your price of the unit (or more) to ship it, and it's no longer worth it to 99% of the people. This means local only sale, and much lower prices (think 100-125 at best) on someplace like CL.

The Dreamcast Sonic 'NFR' is just from one of the pack-ins. w/o case & manual for the game, you've got a loose disc only Sonic that is worth a few bucks. Complete NFR one is worth what a regular one is 10-15.

SuperMagnetic Neo is a demo disc. Dreamcast Demos are rare. Most came with sleeves, but value is a crapshoot as not alot of people care about them. 10-20 for the disc, i'd guess (more the lower than the higher).
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

see im just really confused with the low prices on them i've had offer for 1,000+ on the n64 kiosk (it the only unit of its kind that i can find anywhere)the ps1 kiosk ive had people intrested not really any prices on it and the psp slim kiosk will be very hard to get ahold of since most of the are going to be smashed and its one of the coolest units and the 100-200 the console and tv alone are worth 100? as well as the cabnets are all metal and glass and ive only seen one other one of them other then my 3. Im not currently selling them im just trying to find more information as to value.. the dreamcast kiosk is only worth around 100-200 yet with the kiosk disk with the system id assume it would be worth more or am I wrong?

On the other hand i do see what you mean about shipping the cabnets would never be able to be shipped, as well as the kiosks there far to heavy and im not really looking to get rid of them just more so intrested on what people do pay for the units. I can break down what i payed for each

N64- complete system and tv the cam lock works and has keys-80

ps1- missing top playstation light up sign other then that decent shape. needs new cam lock i dont have keys for it but its unlocked-250

psp- with tv and system as well as locks with keys-200

dreamcast- all complete the dreamcast sign has the right hand nub to hold it in broken off like most of them (never was used in a store was bought by a higher up blockbuster employee in 2000 for there man cave at time.) abit of paint on the one side easy to clean off a one scratch on the otherside nothing major with new cam lock with keys -200

nintendo cabents- all bought from a microplay there is 100+ spring loaded trays for games i have as well and ive seen them sell for 5-10 each on ebay and there all great shape.- 75 for all 3.

Im just really trying to see how rare these are and if anyone else has them or knows anything about them and what someone would pay for them. if 100-200 each is really all there worth thats fine I just find that on the low side. also i just saw that a guy payed 1000 for a world of nintendo cabinet and there much more common? any thoughts?
    Last edited by darkcat; 01-20-2012 at 04:09 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Honestly, there is not 'defined' price for a kiosk. Should someone offer you 1k for one, i'd take it w/o thinking about it.

In my years doing this, when people put them up for big monies, they don't sell. When they get down to about what you paid, is when they sell. A few years later, most people will get past the fact that they've not been able to do much with that corner of the room that houses that/those kiosks and they sell them for close to what they paid for them and move on. I'm at that point with my kiosk and i'm someone that NEVER sells anything I get.

You are glazing over that all kiosks are rare in general, while trying to pin down that yours are rare. It's a kiosk... it's rare. These things are tossed into stores and high traffic areas to try and sell games. They get beaten and abused. After a not too long of time, they get taken home or tossed. Condition and completion is all that matters. Ads and other things (like a kiosk demo) are just little bonuses. They don't normally affect the value of a unit unless it's something either super rare, or it has a mega following and you're drawing additional interest from the collector of that, it won't add much of anything to the value of the specific unit.

You're talking about the 1k that the World of Nintendo case sold for. It has a bit of functionality and if you're a Nintendo collector, it can be a figure piece, while holding your shit. I wouldn't spend 1k on it, because it just wouldn't hold enough considering the cost, but to someone that REALLY wants it then they're not going to do much but toss money at the owner until they say fuck it and take the money and run. Those spring loaded things are novel, but they suck for storing your games because you can't see whats behind them and because they squish boxes.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have sold that N64 kiosk for $1k in the blink of an eye with no hesitation. For the reasons already mentioned, you are usually restricted to local sales only. So even if there's one collector in the world offering $1k, there's a 99.9% chance he doesn't live in your local community.

I'd guess the "fair value" of most kiosks to be in the $200-$400 range, but it doesn't mean you'll get those types of offers either. People tend to offer low, especially if they have to come to you with a big truck to pick it up.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!