Thread: MMO Players..... WHAT IS YOUR POISON!??!?!?!?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default MMO Players..... WHAT IS YOUR POISON!??!?!?!?

Alright we all know the deadly addiction to the crack game known as World of Warcraft. Then you have games like DC Universe, City of heroes, Everquest and much more. and the past 5 years theres been all kinds of underground projects coming out of the wood work all over the place even on smart devices.

What one are you playing?

I found one on steam that is pretty cool and free (for now atleast).

APB Reloaded. Best way to describe it is Grand Theft Auto in the form of a MMO with all the violence and vulgar language and rough cut attitude.

the games world is split between 2 factions developing a kinda Cops and Robbers appeal to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxnpYpJZzQ

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

So...you have any relationship with Reloaded Productions, who makes this game? Just curious.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I played a few of those free to play MMOs during Steam's XMas event. The only one that I kinda liked was Rusty Hearts. It's basically a 3D Final Fight clone. I haven't played it since the contest ended, but it was interesting enough (and not a friggin' grindfest) to make me want to go back to it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've played World of Warcraft since closed beta and just quit to head over to Star Wars : The Old Republic and I'm having a helluva good time playing as a Sith
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

I played World of Warcraft very briefly back in Summer 2009, only because my best friend bought me the Battle Chest. I had a lot of fun with it, but I wasn't going to play enough to warrant the $15 a month charge. That I'm not that interested in the overall lore. For me to really get into an MMO, I have to be interested in the source material, or it has to be something original. I also have to have the option of being able to completely solo the game if I choose. You have know idea how badly I want to play Final Fantasy XI, as I've just fallen in love with the setting and world it takes place in. But the fact you can't solo for shit in the game turned me off.

I play DC Universe Online every now and then as I'm a a huge DC comic nerd, but I uninstall it a lot, as I only have a 160 GB HDD at the moment, and have other games I want to play.

I'm very interested in Guild Wars however, and it's sequel.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Started out playing EQ. I dabbled in DAoC because I got into the beta but never played the live game and went back to EQ. When DAoC came out, I got into the beta and dabbled with it but never played the live version. I also got into EQ2 for a minute but gave that up. I tried to play Vanguard on my PC but it would never work right. After every experiment and venturing out, I would eventually return to EQ.

I finally dropped EQ when WoW launched and have been on there ever since. I've seen all of the so-called contenders to the throne and none of them have looked even remotely interesting enough to make me stop playing WoW to try them. SW: TOR will leech players away but SW has always had a rabid fanbase IMO. I don't think it'll kill WoW but it'll exist side by side with it for a while.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Strawberry (Level 2) Beefy Hits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It used to be Final Fantasy XI, but I quit that 6 years ago. I'm contemplating going back on XBL, but I'm too busy right now.

When I used to be working, urban dead was another addiction, but I haven't touched that in months...
    You don't have to be smart, you don't have to have all the facts, you just have to be confident.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Played Ragnarok Online on official servers for a few years before finally going to private ones. I don't play much these days, but I'm still on Rebirth every now and again.

Bounced around with all the free MMOs that followed RO for a while (Gunbound, Maple Story, etc), until dropping out of MMOs for a while. Got back in to them a bit over a year ago with a number of the free ones on Steam until settling with Spiral Knights. Started playing WoW last spring and that's been my main online game since.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Lately I am all about Champions Online. The costume customization is insane. The game is colorful and has a sense of humor and hell even the free player side of the game is fun and nowhere near as limiting as most free MMO's free scheme.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I used to play City of Heroes quite a bit, but my friends stopped playing a while back and I got a little bored with it.