Thread: Sealed NES Game Verification?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sealed NES Game Verification?

So I've been selling off a lot of stuff lately as I've decided that I really don't need as much as I have. Mostly duplicates and stuff but its made me look over a lot of stuff that I haven't really paid much attention to in a while. So in my organizing I came across seven NES games that appear to be new and sealed. I'd like to place them up for sale on eBay however I'm not really 100% positive that they're real seals since I didn't personally purchase them at a retail store. Most of them still have the hangers or price tags on them but I know that doesn't mean anything. I remember back in the day that Funcoland or Gamestop used to reseal these so how do you guys confirm that a game is really new before you list one as such. I'd again really like to sell these but I also don't want to make a fool of myself or screw someone either.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post close up pics.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    So I've been selling off a lot of stuff lately as I've decided that I really don't need as much as I have. Mostly duplicates and stuff but its made me look over a lot of stuff that I haven't really paid much attention to in a while. So in my organizing I came across seven NES games that appear to be new and sealed. I'd like to place them up for sale on eBay however I'm not really 100% positive that they're real seals since I didn't personally purchase them at a retail store. Most of them still have the hangers or price tags on them but I know that doesn't mean anything. I remember back in the day that Funcoland or Gamestop used to reseal these so how do you guys confirm that a game is really new before you list one as such. I'd again really like to sell these but I also don't want to make a fool of myself or screw someone either.
    The vast majority of factory sealed NES games have a special line seal along the back. That's the easiest way to tell and along with the period price stickers, should be enough to convince most collectors that what you are selling are legit. Out of curiousity, what games are they?

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pictures would help, I bought SMB3 and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Factory Sealed" about 10 years ago and an ex of mine decided to open them...but it didn't matter since the cartridges had smudges and TMNT was missing the instructions
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Out of curiousity, what games are they?
    I'll try to post pictures later when I get home. The games are Super Mario 3, Legend of Zelda with a Classic Series Band on it, Power Punch II, Where's Waldo, Kirby's Adventure, Championship Pool and Hudson Hawk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've posted some pics here.
    http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/Griking/Games/

Sorry if they aren't the best. For some reason my camera has problems with clear close ups.

Btw, the Kirby Adventure game seems to be a French version so I don't know if its worth listing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

At least on the ones I can see it on, that looks like the factory seal to me.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that's the Canadian version of Kirby's Adventure, they pop on eBay fairly often. I think they usually go for around $30, maybe higher. If you don't want to list it, PM me.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Those all appear to have the factory sealed line in back and look legit to me.