0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Default February 2012 Finds

Well, I guess I get to start this month's thread...
    I have my weekly visit on Tuesday evening and Wednesday day, so I don't hunt much on Wed. But the pawn shop has been so good to me lately, I made a quick trip and got:

A little less than $20 after tax.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Not bad. The local pawnshop only takes PS1 and newer but they never have anything good. The other pawnshop I go to sometimes has a larger collection of PS2 games than the local GameStop but the prices are even worse. Last time I bought anything good there was several DC games for $2 apiece and he rung up a copy of San Andreas for the same amount.

I didn't go out today but will go out tomorrow. Probably going to go to a local auction house too; anyone else go to those regularly? I rarely find video game items but I do find nice items for eBay and the flea market. Every bit counts when you're unemployed in a jobless area.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

I haven't been to the local auctions in a while, but my board game guy hits em religiously, and cleans house. I should start, but it's a long drive.
    The pawn shops never were this good here, and it'll dry up. The old manager at the store I keep hitting was an Ebay fanatic, and took all kinds of stuff the other stores in the chain wouldn't touch. Hence, they ended up with lots of good stuff, but very high prices. When the managment changed, the new manager is the same manager that hooked me up at my old favorite store. So now he's got a mountain of Ebay stuff, and charges local prices, and gives me a discount on top of it. So until it gets barren there, if I make no other runs for the day, at 10 AM, I'm at Pawn One.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crysis: Warhead(Pc) $3
    Halo: First Strike Novel 50 cents
    Left 4 Dead(360) $7.50
    The Black Eyed Peas: Monkey Business cd $3
    Greeting Card Designer cd $3

Crysis: Warhead was a Goodwill find and also includes Crysis: Wars(two disc set). If only I played games on my laptop or Pc games in general. I doubt it but hopefully Crysis: Warhead eventually gets ported to XBL. Left 4 Dead was from ebay and the cheapest I've ever seen this game for. That was always my excuse why I didn't open up my copy of the second game and play it, because I wanted to get and beat this game first. And I have already started playing it. I can also see where all the enthusiam for this game comes from because it's pretty intense and I haven't even played it on XBL yet. The other cds and Halo novel were all from Goodwill.

Kingdom Hearts 2 strategy guide(PS2) $1.50
    Norton 360 3.0 $1.91
    Call of Duty: Black Ops(360) $10
    Ninja Gaiden: Sigma(PS3) $8
    2K Sports Commemorative 360 Demo $6

I got the KH2 strategy guide from Goodwill. At first I thought it was the Birth By Sleep guide because it looked so new. Somebody kept it in pretty good condition. The Norton 360 software is sealed and was found at a thrift store. I guess everyone else that passed this by on the shelf wasn't aware that you can take older versions of Nortons and automatically upgrade them to the newer version for free. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell this or keep it for myself.

Black Ops was a craigs list find and replaces the copy I sold a few months ago because the disc wasn't in the best of shape. Ninja Gaiden: Sigma was from Gamestop. The best part of getting games that are already open is that I'm more likely to play them sooner than if they were factory sealed. So I'm going to play this one soon but unfortunately it doesn't look like it has any trophy support. Oh well. The 2K disc was probably released around the 360's launch or sometime within the first year. It's a nice little collectible to have even though I could care less about sports games. And then we have this thing....

Panasonic HDD & Dvd Recorder

Yes it's story time. I found this earlier in the day and got pumped because I thought it was an hd-dvd player. But obviously it isn't because it's missing a vd....um, not that kind of vd. But it looked cool so I jotted down a few details about it in my phone and was set to look it up on ebay and/or amazon when I got home, which I often do so that I don't end up spending more money then I should. It was pretty late when I remembered to check online for it. I typed in "Panasonic hdd & dvd recorder 2004" since those were the only details I jotted down earlier. After looking at some crazy high buy it now prices I decided to take the usual shortcut and click on completed auctions. There was 35 results but by the time I had gotten thru the fourth one I was out the door and in the car, not even stopping to grab any essencials other than my keys and wallet.

I honestly haven't left the house in that much of a hurry since back in high school when my ex girlfriend use to give me booty calls at 1:30 in the morning. I left the house at 8:37 pm and the Goodwill near me was set to close in roughly 20 minutes. So I sped the whole way, which in hindsight might not have been very smart since lots of deer cross that road at night. Plus it's only around 10 minutes away. But I didn't care. There were lots of different models but after seeing some with completed sold auction prices of $200-$500 I figured I'd take a chance.

When I got there I was relieved that it was still there. However, one of the wires was removed from the plastic bag taped to the top. I thought someone had took it but they had just plugged it in, probably to see if it worked. Luckily they didn't buy it though. It's in really great shape too and not a bad deal for $20 now that I know that some of these things are actually worth some money.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 02-03-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Just had to get out of the office for work today and hit a Thrift Store that sometimes does me good. Did okay today:

Alphabet Park Adventure (VSmile)
    Numbers on the Run (Leapster L-Max)
    Art Safari (Pixter)
    The Little Engine that Could (Leap Frog)
    Kidz Bop Star Station Mega Hitz (Fisher Price - not sure for what unit?)
    Learning with Leap (Leapster)
    Ratatouille (Leap Frog)
    Grand Theft Auto (Gameboy)
    Tetris (Gameboy)
    Donkey Kong Country (GBC)

An odd bag of mixed "little carts" for $2.42 total

N-Gage Lot:
    Ashen (loose)
    MLB Slam (loose)
    2 loose Cart cases
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater (sealed with manual, cart case, cart, and cardboard backing - pack-in maybe?)
    Spider-Man 2 (missing frikkin cart...)

All this in a sealed bag together for $2.42 total. Bought this for the Spiderman since I need it and it turns out the Ashen and MLB were inthe Spidey case, but Spidey wasn't....

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I could've started the February thread, but noooooooooo.

Lazy copy and paste below:
    ---
    From today:

Black Fire (Saturn) - $2
    Impact Racing (Saturn) - $2
    Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics - $1
    Soft Cell / Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret (remastered, new) - $1

This booth had a few Saturn games, but I already had most of 'em. I considered buying them all but my budget for the day wasn't much.

Dire Straits (Warner Remasters) - $2
    Dire Straits / Communiqué (Warner Remasters) - $2
    La Onda Vaselina / 16 Kilates Musicales (new) - $1
    Ghalib Ghallab / Live at Voodoo (new) - $1

That Onda Vaselina CD is the stupid CD of the day. I can't stand that band. At all. I hate them. But this contains music from back before they started sucking balls. Well. More than they do now.

Romantic Encounters at the Dome (Mac floppy, new) - $1
    V/A / The Living Daylights Original Soundtrack - $1
    Cibo Matto / Stereo Type A - $1
    Bran Van 3000 / S/T - $1

And yes, I did buy that Living Daylights CD for this song alone. I could've sworn I'd bought a CD with a ton of James Bond themes but I guess I left it behind...

Fighting Masters (Genesis) CIB
    Action Replay (Genesis) CIB
    Mort the Chicken (PS1)
    Super Monkey Ball (GC)
    Fight Club (2 disc special edition x2)
    $14 total.

... why two copies of Fight Club? Well... I remember seeing that this version sold for lots of money years ago. A lot of years ago. These days it doesn't even sell for $5. So the extra copy's up for trade. Other things of note at that booth were a copy of PS1 Fighting Force (PAL) that some creepy fat lady almost snatched from my hands when I looked at it. I still grabbed the Genny stuff from under her so haw haw.

Oh yeah... a booth had a ton of older Amiga / C64 hardware, mostly cards, and some floppies. Many were trashed due to age and poor storage... but the box also contained two small photo albums. There were pictures of who I presume was the former owner and his wife (there was a photo of her in a wedding gown), and other relatives. I also found the guy's social security card. (No, I did not take it.)

And um. Photos of a woman's um, private areas.

... *coughs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I could've started the February thread, but noooooooooo.
    All the meseta will be MINE! Bwahahahaha!
    Wait a tick...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

A few birthday gifts, along with Persona 2 which i purchased for $20 new from GS. The rest was free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know it's not gaming related but I though you guys would get a kick out of this anyways. To commemorate the findings post number 400 I put together a whole set of TMNT action figures and finally got the Technodrome! I hope you like! There are a couple of more pics on my blog, link at the bottom of this post! ^_^

Finds #400!!!!

http://famicomfreak.blogspot.com/
    Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

I managed to grab a KILLER deal on a C128 lot. Picked up the computer and drive (1541-II) with all the needed bricks and serial cable plus loose copies of Pool of Radiance, Secret of Silver Blades, Hitchhiker's Guide, Zork, Jeopardy and a handful of new blanks. $60!!!

Plus I got to meet another collector and check out his room of doom. I know there are plenty of us out there, but to finally meet and hang with another serious collector... its relieving to finally know you're not totally insane.

Hopefully he will find his way here. I recommended he check us out
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

What a day. Thrifts were ok...

$5 for the guitar, $3 for the Lego knock offs, $5 for the Mega Bloks Traxx, $2 for the bag of toys (Mario and Sonic are in there), and $2 for the Frogger Plug N Play.
    The real deal for today was my board game guy. He's moving. Not too far, but far enough to move his storage unit. So he called me a couple days ago and asked me to come buy a bunch of crap from him. Hehehehe....

And yes, the bowling ball is actually worth 50 or so. I've got my work cut out for the next few days, so probably won't search much till Saturday. Anyway, two things in this mess stood out to me:

Any help with this Famicom game would be appreciated. It's a 101 game cart, and I can't find it online.
    I gave him $225 for all that stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post

Any help with this Famicom game would be appreciated. It's a 101 game cart, and I can't find it online.
    That's just a generic multicart. You should test it to see what it has, but odds are it only contains simple games like Super Mario Bros., Track and Field, and such. It's still a nice find, for all we know it might contain some strange game hacks.

So, I found this and I'm not sure if I should sell it.

Pikmin 2 - $5
    This is Jazz Volume 23: Louis Armstrong Sings - $2

On the other hand yay game
    On the other boo need money
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

So, I found this and I'm not sure if I should sell it.

Pikmin 2 - $5
    This is Jazz Volume 23: Louis Armstrong Sings - $2

On the other hand yay game
    On the other boo need money
    The first one was better in my opinion... pikmin that is...
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

That's just a generic multicart. You should test it to see what it has, but odds are it only contains simple games like Super Mario Bros., Track and Field, and such. It's still a nice find, for all we know it might contain some strange game hacks.
    Thanks. There's some games I've never heard of on there... but I'm not up to speed on Japanese games, so who know... I'll check it out... eventually.
    In the mess of Apple ii stiff, I found a few 'official' games. Anything here people's want without a box? Kareteka would be the only one I'd think might be, but I'm not up to speed on old PC stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Thanks. There's some games I've never heard of on there... but I'm not up to speed on Japanese games, so who know... I'll check it out... eventually.
    In the mess of Apple ii stiff, I found a few 'official' games. Anything here people's want without a box? Kareteka would be the only one I'd think might be, but I'm not up to speed on old PC stuff.

There's a few people who might be interested. phreakindee for one, especially if those are full games (which I doubt, but you never know.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

For Apple II games I think there's really only one diskette that would pull a lot of money from a lot of us, two words: Rocket Factory. For some reason it looks like no one ever made a disk image of it, although I'm sure there has to be a copy collecting dust in some elementary school storage closet somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Thanks guys. Life's much easier asking the knowledgable than it was looking through mountains of blogs.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Two thrifts this morning. The first had a boatload of ink! Which is how I justified buying the SMW carts for $7.50 each. Total for that store was $48. Next was Savers for the $15 SNES (no hookups) that is in really nice shape, plus the 360 dealie for $3. Have to look up what this thing is since I haven't seen it before. I passed on a half dozen NES controllers for $3 each and a couple zappers for $5 each. Maybe I should go back for them, but I don't need them to make any bundles right now. I also passed on a bag of N64 memory cards, rumble, ??, and a jumper. I need jumper paks, but the bag was $12 or so, so I passed. Now that I check, though, I had no idea official N64 memory cards would actually sell for anything, and there were at least 3 in that bag. Hmm, probably should go back. Maybe after naptime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    ... plus the 360 dealie for $3. Have to look up what this thing is since I haven't seen it before.
    That thingy is a Scene It controller. They usually come bundled in packs of four with the game. Each button is an answer, I imagine.

Today's finds:

Ivo Papasov and his Bulgarian Wedding Band / Orpheus Ascending (new)
    V/A / King of the Hill soundtrack (new)
    V/A / Newman's Own: Salsa Songs (new)

$3 total.

That Newman's Own CD looked kinda silly so I grabbed it. And then I saw the tracklisting... all Salsa. Which isn't a bad musical genre, mind you - but why the hell is Paul Newman wearing a sombrero and a mustache WHEN THE CD DOESN'T EVEN CONTAIN MEXICAN MUSIC? Oh because we use Salsa, ha ha how cute get the hell out, Newman. Seriously though, apparently three CDs were made - this one, a Love Songs one, and a Movie Themes one. And like most Newman's Own stuff, the proceeds went to charities, so I forgive you, Paul. I'll keep an eye out for the other two.

In other news, I found Duke Nukem: Kill-A-Ton collection! But the asshole selling it wanted $3 per CD. So $9. Sorry, I don't like Duke enough to buy it at that price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God I love looking things up on my new iphone.

$75 worth of VHS tapes for $2.00. No idea why most of them are worth so much but a cooler climate was a made for tv movie so i'm guessing it's only available on VHS.