Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: February 2012 Finds

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Karate is only a 4. Its a Froggo game. Not sure what you looked up but its not rare or valuable.

http://www.atariage.com/software_pag...areLabelID=259
    The Froggo version is missing from the database here, I'm guessing he went by the listings here that are missing pictures of the cart.

http://guide.digitpress.com:8080/DP/...f?gameid=23780
    http://guide.digitpress.com:8080/DP/...f?gameid=48613

Strangely, the guide here has the Funvision version also listed but it's not listed on the Atari Age database. Just for those curious, I'll post a pic of the rare version below. There are two versions of this rare game, one in a regular cart and the other with a T handle. The label looks the same as far as I can tell.

http://www.atariage.com/software_pag...reLabelID=1151

Flashback2012, you didn't really miss out on anything. At least nothing super rare or valuable.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Karate is only a 4. Its a Froggo game. Not sure what you looked up but its not rare or valuable.

http://www.atariage.com/software_pag...areLabelID=259
    I just searched Karate and 2600 and that's what came up. Looks like Gameguy found the same result I did.

I found a pic of it on Ebay and you're correct, it's the Froggo release.

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Karate-Atari...d=p3286.c0.m14

I grew up on the Atari 2600 but my collector knowledge starts with the NES and goes up from there. Even still, it looks like I could have gotten a semi decent flip out of it so I still should have taken a chance on it. If anything I could have added it to my small-ish collection of 2600 carts had I chosen not to sell because it wasn't worth anything.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Erm, you seem to strike out much more than luck out. It does feel good when you luck out though. That Betamax VCR I bought for $9.99 works and turned out to be one of the most highly sought after models, with it recently going for $200 on ebay.
    Most of the good stuff I pick up is because I got a hunch about it before. It's not perfect by any means but it's worked for me.

Photoshop 7 Mac Education version - $3
    Dragon Fighter (with Dean Cain, new) - $1
    Windows 2000 Server - $2 (but the CD is broken so I can't sell it. FUCK.)
    Star Wars: The Best of PC (SW Republic Commando, Empire at War, KOTOR 1, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Battlefront) - $5
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Star Wars: The Best of PC (SW Republic Commando, Empire at War, KOTOR 1, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Battlefront) - $5
    It's a Star Wars "Best of PC" collection but it doesn't have Galactic Battlegrounds? WTF?!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    It's a Star Wars "Best of PC" collection but it doesn't have Galactic Battlegrounds? WTF?!
    It's odd, I could've sworn there were two of these released, but I can only find info on this one.

Also, this doesn't seem to include the Empire at War expansion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Nice find on the Photoshop. That reminds me I still have an upgrade copy of 6.0 or 7.0 (can't remember) to list on eBay. Photoshop is a quick seller.

I don't know if you ever come across any AutoCAD stuff but you should pick that up. Some guy in Germany just gave me $115 to ship him two boxed copies of AutoCAD LT 2000 Upgrade. I sold retail versions a while back for like $60-80 each and even the older copies fetched me $15-20. Had I been smart, I would have paired the boxed LT 2000 with the older retail copies but oh well. You make mistakes like that sometimes.

I did pretty well today. Picked up a copy of The Castlevania Adventure for $1. Also grabbed a Fisher turntable for $5. Couldn't find an exact one on eBay but looking at comparable models, I think I'm going to get at least $75 shipped for it. At least that's what I'm going to start the auction at. I have a shit-ton of turntables around my house so it's not like I need to keep this one.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Picked up an N64 with expansion pack and power cord for $20, and got a spare power cord for $5 and an AV cord for $3.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Wrapping up my finds for the month today and WOW it was a great month for hard to find portables! (even more in the mail, they'll be here next month ) Everything is complete!

Ninja Assault w/guncon 2 pack - $7
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 -$25 (great deal!)
    Hexyz Force - traded Infinite Space for this with Sevenfold over at Cheapassgamer, one HTF gem for another
    Etrian Odyssey - $15
    Summon Night - $15
    Lunar: Dragon song - $4.50
    Trigun Vol. 1 and 2 - $5

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got back from Goodwill. Picked up...

Star Wars Kotor I & II - $5.99 each
    Demon's Souls (black label) - $5.99 - anyone know if black label is more desirable or less on this one?
    Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk (new sealed, PS2 version) - $5.99 - took a chance that this was worth something, but no.
    X-Men Trilogy Collector's Edition - $7.99 - At first I couldn't find any info on this. Turns out it's PAL region-2. XD Not worth anything, so I'm going to return it.
    Dune - Screening Cassette VHS - This appears to be released either before the movie or before the VHS since it has a "street date" on it stating when it'll be released. I paid fifty cents. If anyone knows if this is worth anything, please lmk. I couldn't find any info about this.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    It's odd, I could've sworn there were two of these released, but I can only find info on this one.
    Thats because you were thinking of the Star Wars: Fan Favorites Pc series. There are indeed two of those.

As for me, I just bought Crysis on XBL games on demand. Been wanting to play that forever.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 02-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    Just got back from Goodwill. Picked up...

Demon's Souls (black label) - $5.99 - anyone know if black label is more desirable or less on this one?
    Black label will always be more desirable than GH even if GH is in less quantities. it will never be as sought after as the Demon's Souls Collector's edition though, that fetches big bucks, so keep your eye out for it

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    Black label will always be more desirable than GH even if GH is in less quantities. it will never be as sought after as the Demon's Souls Collector's edition though, that fetches big bucks, so keep your eye out for it
    That's normally the case but these days the GH version can have additional content not on the regular release (usually a bundle of dlc). So that's why I asked.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    Hexyz Force - traded Infinite Space for this with Sevenfold over at Cheapassgamer, one HTF gem for another
    I was interested in both.
    Checking prices, I'm guessing $25 to get IS card-only from GameStop wasn't a spectacular deal?
    Though as to Hexyz, as much as I prefer physical I might have to take a look at PSN.
    Never see the PSP Legend of Heroes games around at GameStop (except each of the first two once each, so I bought them). I was surprised to see the third still available new on amazon, so I bought that, along with Trails in the Sky, and Mimana (is it worth the under-$20 price?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    I was interested in both.
    Checking prices, I'm guessing $25 to get IS card-only from GameStop wasn't a spectacular deal?
    Though as to Hexyz, as much as I prefer physical I might have to take a look at PSN.
    Never see the PSP Legend of Heroes games around at GameStop (except each of the first two once each, so I bought them). I was surprised to see the third still available new on amazon, so I bought that, along with Trails in the Sky, and Mimana (is it worth the under-$20 price?)
    I originally got infinite space at gamestop complete for the $25 price tag, it's a good deal compared to the online prices but not the best. I highly recommend both infinite space and hexyz force, both are very enjoyable if you can find them at a good price. Also I haven't tried mimana yet, but the prices for it are generally under the $20 range, even for the box set

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Got Mimana.
    But it arrived with the box a bit dented. So I immediately opened it up to inspect if it was possibly damaged in shipping.
    I saw a bit of scuffs on the UMD (being just slightly loosened from the clip, but not enough to actually fall out of the holder), but I'd guess if it's only the outer plastic part (and none on the disc surface), should still play fine?
    Luckily the soundtrack CD appears flawless.

Perhaps it better to order such "collector's edition" boxed games separately, and avoid having oddly-sized packages?
    (with it I ordered the standard edition of Trails in the Sky)

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default February 2012 Finds

Finally found SNES Castlevania Dracula X cart. Good label and the price was at least the cheapest I've found. Love the game, great fun.