Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post

N64 Lot with boxed copies of Mario Party 1, Mario Party 3, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, NFL QB Club 2001(factory sealed), and loose copies of Star Fox 64, Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire, F-Zero X and some basketball game.

So I emailed a dude on craigs list about this lot asking if it was still available. He didn't even have a picture up but I knew that I needed a copy of Mario Party 3 to complete my set. So despite his steep asking price of $60 I told him I'd take it if it was still available. So you can imagine my surprise after we met when he showed me that several of tha marque games were complete, raising the value of this lot by a significant amount. I was just like "ok", handed him his money and walked away with the loot. I initially thought $60 was too much to pay for this N64 lot but after seeing the condition of everything it was totally worth it. And we all know what the real highlight is: a factory sealed copy of NFL QB Club. I mean, that alone will bring in like 4 or maybe even 5 whole dollars.....if I'm lucky.
    Mario Party 3 boxed is almost assuredly worth at least $60 CIB, especially in such good shape. Everything else is gravy.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a DTL-H50001 Debugging station for $40 with a spare controller and a memory card at the Goodwill in Los Feliz, CA. BTW that is the second debug in just over a month after the one I got in East LA.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Got a DTL-H50001 Debugging station for $40 with a spare controller and a memory card at the Goodwill in Los Feliz, CA. BTW that is the second debug in just over a month after the one I got in East LA.
    NOOOOOOOOOO.

That's the place where the booth that I do most of my Tuesday hunting gets stuff from!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    Yeah, them damn GBA SP chargers are always missing. I try to keep a few on hand... I ordered 2 lots of 10 from China last year. Cheap, but you gotta wait.
    I might do that. I have 3 GBA SP's now and have passed on a few because they didn't come with a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Are you sure that's a Japanese version? It looks like an adapter for the original DS, they're also compatible with the SP systems and have no mention of any specific system on them.
    It's a Japanese version. After taking a closer look it does say it's for both DS and SP but those are interspersed between the kanji and katakana symbols. And it has the Nintendo logo on the other side and on the connector part so it's most likely an official Japanese DS charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    I don't know if you've ever tried this but look in the generic charger stacks that many thrift stores have. I know of two thrifts that will separate the chargers from the systems and sell them separately to make more money. Makes me want to smack a bitch when someone does that.
    It makes me want to smack a bitch too because I think more ofter then not this is what happens with SP's in the wild. The place I got the Japanese DS/SP charger from had a GBA SP in a glass case they were selling without a charger. I'm not sure if they seperated the charger on purpose or if it just ended up in their random pile when they couldn't figure out what it went too. But what I do know is that these chargers are a hot commodity, although they won't get too price heavy because you can also use first generation DS chargers for them.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOO.

That's the place where the booth that I do most of my Tuesday hunting gets stuff from!
    The price sticker says it was there on on 1/28, that's 9 days.
    Edit: Hey Kitsune Sniper, check out the PM I sent you.
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 02-07-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My copy of Tales of Hearts CG Movie Edition came in this morning. I played up to the part where you enter the first "Spir Maze". So far, I haven't found it that difficult to navigate the menus. Of course, having played through several english tales games, and the fact that the menus use pictures for most of the options does help.

Also, despite what others say, I don't find the CG movies that bad. They are quite impressive, considering this is a DS game. Really, the only thing I don't like about the CG version is the character designs. The character's noses look a little to big.

EDIT: I went to a couple of local shops this afternoon, to see if they would take some things I didn't want anymore. I ended up getting a CIB copy of Super Paper Mario (Nintendo Selects Version) for $5.00. I also snagged a Nintendo Power Pokemon XD guide for 1.99.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 02-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

So today I found:
    V/A Forrest Gump (2 CDs) - $2
    Warcraft III Battle Chest - $2
    Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail (CD in case w/ scratch and sniff card) - $2
    Shivers Two (CDs in case) - $1

No pictures. I'm feeling sick.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I've actually picked a few things up this month, starting with attempting to rebuild my stable of DDR games. The following was about $40.00 together.

PS1 - Dance Dance Revolution (JPN) (complete)
    PS1 - Dance Dance Revolution 2nd ReMix (JPN) (complete)
    PS1 - Dance Dance Revolution 2nd ReMix Append Club Version Vol. 1 (JPN) (sealed)
    PS1 - Dance Dance Revolution 2nd ReMix Append Club Version Vol. 2 (JPN) (sealed)
    SAT - Sega Rally (JPN) (complete)

Went out to a couple estate sales on Saturday. At the first I got an old backgammon set for $7.25 (half off from $14.50).

Another later on had a few things of interest. Everything came to $6.00. Pac-Man is missing four of the white marbles. Box has some tape damage but it'll be a nice display piece just the same. Stratego is complete, some tape damage to the box. I really didn't need it as I have the version before this one (when the plastic pieces were first introduced) but I couldn't walk away from another complete vintage set. I also happened to find a loose copy of Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge floating around.

Lots of Pac-Man board games floating around this month it seems.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 02-07-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found this today for $2 at a thrift. I can't open most of the files at the moment (they're AI files but my Adobe isn't able to open them) but they're mostly promo art of characters and locations, including a black and white size reference chart of the main characters. I'm guessing the fax sheet was to send to Fox for clearances. It's nice having the whole theme song as well.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post

Found this today for $2 at a thrift. I can't open most of the files at the moment (they're AI files but my Adobe isn't able to open them) but they're mostly promo art of characters and locations, including a black and white size reference chart of the main characters. I'm guessing the fax sheet was to send to Fox for clearances. It's nice having the whole theme song as well.
    Very nice find! My inner Futurama-fanboy is writhing with jealousy.

Which version of Adobe do you have? One trick you might try is just to open directly in Adobe Acrobat; it should just convert them into PDFs.
    Last edited by joshnickerson; 02-07-2012 at 09:12 PM.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're gonna sell that ? Let me know if you do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

*sniff*

You've done me proud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I got a 32x $5, came with power adapter and that extra plastic thing that sits between the 32x unit and the genesis. Luckily it worked because when I checked the receipt for the return policy the Goodwill girl had listed it as a paper shredder. :lol:

Also picked up one of those weird Dual Analog controllers and a Ps1 Multitap it was attached to for $5. This one. Flightstick mode sounds pretty cool but I doubt I will ever use it really.
    Last edited by wallydawg; 02-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by wallydawg View Post
    Today I got a 32x $5, came with power adapter and that extra plastic thing that sits between the 32x unit and the genesis. Luckily it worked because when I checked the receipt for the return policy the Goodwill girl had listed it as a paper shredder. :lol:

Also picked up one of those weird Dual Analog controllers and a Ps1 Multitap it was attached to for $5. This one. Flightstick mode sounds pretty cool but I doubt I will ever use it really.

No actual pictures right now since it's 4AM and everyone is all up in my shit to sign up for their site in order to upload photos (when did imageshack start this?)
    That flightstick is $20 at my local store in a beat up box, is it worth anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

I have GOT to get out more. This months finds thread has some killer stuff in it - <jealous>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Okay day today.

Sim City 4 Deluxe for Mac - $3
    Arthur Fiedler & The Boston Pops Play The Beatles - $2
    PlusTV HD 120 PCI tuner card - $5

I took a gamble on that card, there are no official Windows 7 drivers but hopefully it'll work with the Vista ones.

Various Artists / Sommer Kracher - $1 (new)
    Blue Mitchell Sextet / Blue Soul - free
    Dallas Doctor / Manhattan - $1 (new)
    Conker's Bad Fur Day - $2

I got that Blue Soul CD from an acquaintance of mine that goes to the flea market. She's a buyer from the San Diego area, she buys stuff down here to resell over there. We've chatted about our particular musical tastes over a while now and last week I gave her a selection of stuff on CD-R... and she brought this to me this week.

Sommer Kracher is... a German promo CD. For eBay. Yeah. No idea what's up with this, but it has what I think is a cover of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb so I expect horrible things.

Dallas Doctor was the weird CD of the day. I found Conker as soon as I got to the flea market, it was buried under a bunch of DVDs and "For Your Consideration" DVD sets.

Now the stupid part of the trip... that booth where I found that eBay CD had a ton of N64 games. So I look at them and ask for a price. The girl says $15... I pause for a second and reply "... each?" She says yes and I walk off. What the hell is wrong with these people...

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

I finally made it out again today, but it's still gotta be cheap and quick. That mess of crap is almost more trouble than it's worth. If only I was selling the SMS games...
    Anyway:

$5 for Shadow, $2 for Oddworld, $1 for the SW Micro Machines... Only the box and the 2 base pieces are there, but still, it's a buck. .25 whole cents for the Flight Sim stuff. And for Kitsune's amusement, the oddball VHS tape was .40:

Most likely nothing, but I haven't looked anything up yet, so I dunno yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    $5 for Shadow, $2 for Oddworld, $1 for the SW Micro Machines... Only the box and the 2 base pieces are there, but still, it's a buck. .25 whole cents for the Flight Sim stuff. And for Kitsune's amusement, the oddball VHS tape was .40:

Most likely nothing, but I haven't looked anything up yet, so I dunno yet.
    I counter with this!

http://vgmdb.net/album/11966

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I counter with this!

http://vgmdb.net/album/11966
    So there was a video game, after all?!?
    Holy Jehosphat, and I thought Sneak King was a horrible topic for a game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    That flightstick is $20 at my local store in a beat up box, is it worth anything?
    I'm not a Playstation collector so I couldn't tell you, but it looks pretty cool so I'd say maybe? Looks pretty damn big so probably a hassle to resell and ship though. I managed to add pics to my original post if anyone wanted to see.