Thread: Taito Memories (XBOX): Can anyone give me the scoop on options for Cadash?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Taito Memories (XBOX): Can anyone give me the scoop on options for Cadash?

Just interested to know if you can play 4 player on this, as well as any options to enable the difficult Japanese mode?

Unfortunately due to the quantity of games included all the reviews I've read only skimmed a bit on each title.

I really liked Cadash and am wondering if this would be the best format to play it in.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

I unfortunately can't confirm OP's specific question, but I will say Taito Legends was a wonderful compilation, so if you've got an original xbox to play it on (it's not 360-compatible), it's well worth whatever paltry sum retailers are asking for it. Even if Cadash isn't 100% optimal, the scores of other good games will make it well worth your money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cadash isn't on Taito Legends 1.

Cadash is on Taito Legends 2 for the Xbox. Taito Memories was Taito's own in-house series of compilations for the PS2 that the Western world never got. So if you want to play Cadash on your Xbox, the correct title to reference is Taito Legends 2.

Taito Legends 2 for the Xbox was a PAL exclusive, but is region free and works just fine on North American consoles (Perhaps the only Xbox game that works that way?). Cadash is one of several exclusives for the Xbox/PC build, while the PS2 release that we did get has several exclusives of its own.

I only have two Xbox controllers so I'm not sure it supports 3-4 person gameplay. But since the coinop did and the back of the case states it's for 1-4 players, I don't see why Cadash isn't fully intact.

I didn't see anything about a special Japanese mode. Unless it's something you could activate on the original coinop, it doesn't seem to be here. But if you happen to be setup to play Japanese PS2 games, you could just import Taito Memories Gekan instead of acquiring a European version of Taito Legends 2 for the Xbox. It has the Japanese version of Cadash (At least I assume it's the Japanese version, what sort of differences should I be looking for?). The problem is that I think you're limited to 1-2 players if you go that route (As best as I can tell from the back of the case since I see a 1-2 in a info box... and I lack a PS2 multitap so I can't check it myself).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.