DIGITAL PRESS GAME OF THE YEAR 2011

Portal 2 overcame some pretty lofty competition from similarly stellar sequels in Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Deus Ex and Arkham City.

Also noteworthy is the fact that Portal 2 launched MUCH earlier in 2011 than any of the above, so for gamers to have played through all of the AAA top-tier holiday releases and come back to the OTTO Awards to vote for something that may have been much more of a distant memory than other games on the list speaks volumes.

Portal is a series that defies convention in every sense. It's a puzzle game wrapped in an FPS, it's a cross-platform-playing cooperative adventure through the dungeons of The Aperture Labs, it turns left where you think it's going to turn right, and where you think it's going to turn right, it instead transports itself into a neighboring dimension.

It's clever, witty, charming, frustratingly difficult yet relentlessly compelling and it is the 2011 OTTO Award winner for Game Of The Year.

If you haven't yet, it's about time that you start thinking with Portals: http://www.thinkingwithportals.com/

VOTING STATS
Batman Arkham City 2 Votes 5.26%
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 5 Votes 13.16%
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 9 Votes 23.68%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 6 Votes 15.79%
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 Votes 2.63%
Gears of War 3 1 Vote 2.63%
Rayman Origins 2 Votes 5.26%
Portal 2 10 Votes 26.32%
Saints Row The Third 2 Votes 5.26%
Yakuza 4 0 Votes 0%

Well, that wraps up the awards for this year.

I'd like to thank everybody who participated in both nominating their favorite games and voting in the polls.

I'd also like to thank everybody for being tolerant with me as I got over the growing pains of taking up the reigns on this years awards mid-way-through. Next year I've got a better idea of the required time-sink and I'll be sure to plan everything out with appropriate time-frames allotted for nominations, voting, and posting winners.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

GOODNIGHT!

REMEMBER TO TIP YOUR WAIT STAFF!

-Frankie