Thread: Tomy Tutor CIB games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tomy Tutor CIB games?

I usually pass on most classic stuff I find in thrifts now but I couldn't resist picking these up for some reason. Probably because I've never seen a Tomy Tutor cartridge in 15+ years of collecting and they look to be 100% complete. I thought TT stuff was pretty much worthless but I saw this and thought they might be worth picking up a $1.99/each:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomy-Tutor-J...item53eb69ac66

$25 for cart-only could be a fluke but since I know nothing about these, I figure that it'd be worth a shot. Plus 2 are Konami Arcade ports, so I thought there might be some kind of market for them. Any idea what these are worth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    I usually pass on most classic stuff I find in thrifts now but I couldn't resist picking these up for some reason. Probably because I've never seen a Tomy Tutor cartridge in 15+ years of collecting and they look to be 100% complete. I thought TT stuff was pretty much worthless but I saw this and thought they might be worth picking up a $1.99/each:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomy-Tutor-J...item53eb69ac66

$25 for cart-only could be a fluke but since I know nothing about these, I figure that it'd be worth a shot. Plus 2 are Konami Arcade ports, so I thought there might be some kind of market for them. Any idea what these are worth?
    If I'm remembering correctly that loose Jungler was listed for $25 many times before eventually selling. People tend to list really high on eBay for this stuff or start out at $0.99 and let the market decide. For instance some will list the machine for $100 and sit on it for months / years, while others will list them for $20.00 and have it sell right around that price. Loose Tutor carts sqeak out for less than $5.00 all the time.

I don't want to give a solid value because I am VERY interested in these if you are selling. I have the complete US release library (only 10 titles) loose but going complete is something I've always had in the back of my mind. Are you looking for any trades and if not, if you figure out a price let me know.

Also I've done some quick demonstration videos of every US release Tomy Tutor game.