Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition variations

In my attempt to buy a RE 5 Gold Edition (ps3) with a slip cover I noticed that they are harder to find than variants that don't have them. I also noticed that there are at least three different variations of this version. 1) Slip cover w/o Move logo. 2) Slip cover w/ Move logo. 3) No slip cover but with Move logo.

Is that all of them? In your opinions, could some of these variants prove to be more rare than others in the future?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

On a game like RE5? I doubt that.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carnby View Post
    In my attempt to buy a RE 5 Gold Edition (ps3) with a slip cover I noticed that they are harder to find than variants that don't have them. I also noticed that there are at least three different variations of this version. 1) Slip cover w/o Move logo. 2) Slip cover w/ Move logo. 3) No slip cover but with Move logo.

Is that all of them? In your opinions, could some of these variants prove to be more rare than others in the future?
    I saw the Sony rep at the local Toys R Us (must have been a year ago now) placing move Stickers on the slip cover itself, so there could be variants with the Move logo printed on them and one with the logo attached as a sticker.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I saw the Sony rep at the local Toys R Us (must have been a year ago now) placing move Stickers on the slip cover itself, so there could be variants with the Move logo printed on them and one with the logo attached as a sticker.
    Interesting... I have definitely seen copies with the Move logo printed on the cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Thats pretty much how all of Sony's tacked-on Move games are. Games that were released before Move came out but then later had it added were first sticked with the Move logos. And later versions just had the logo printed on the actual game case or slip sleeve. This isn't anything new for Sony as they implore this exact method for games that reach greatest hits status. Any games that are already on store shelves on in back stock(already shipped to stores) will get sticked by Sony or third-party reps with new greatest hits stickers placed right on top of the factory seal. And all newer versions of the game will come with the label already printed at the factory.

To answer the OP's question, while this all makes for lots of variant scenarios(some of which might become rare) none of them are worth any more than the others. You'd have to wait for atleast another generation to pass to see if the market decides rather these will be rare or worth anything. But for now they are only worth whatever it is you pay for them.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.