Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default PSX: Alternative to EmuRayden

I'm sure most everyone who plays their PSX games on a PC have been using EmuRayden, but there's a new contender:

http://www.epsxe.com/news.php

Emulation quality seems about the same as EmuRayden, but I haven't spent enough time with it to tell if it has as much compatibility. Anyone else use this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I've never heard of EmuRayden. Epsxe isn't too bad of an emulator, but it helps a bit if you have something like epsxecutor to set up some of the options and such. I think I ran accross a couple of games that weren't very compatable with it, but generally, it's worked fairly reliably for me.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EmuRayden ( or Connectix Virtual Game Station ) is by far better and more compatible than Epsxe. And it's a lot easier to use.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've never heard of EmuRayden before either, and I've been hitting the emulation sites daily since the pre-MAME days. I've been an ePSXe user for years and haven't had many problems with it. Used to use epsexecutor with it, but have had more problems with that lately than without it.

Know of any places with info on EmuRayden? I can't seem to find much content on it anywhere (at least nothing too useful). I'll give it a shot though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingpong
    I've never heard of EmuRayden before either, and I've been hitting the emulation sites daily since the pre-MAME days. I've been an ePSXe user for years and haven't had many problems with it. Used to use epsexecutor with it, but have had more problems with that lately than without it.

Know of any places with info on EmuRayden? I can't seem to find much content on it anywhere (at least nothing too useful). I'll give it a shot though.
    It seems Emurayden's site is not what it used to be. If you are looking for the executable, PM me an email and I'll send it over to you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Emurayden has compatibility issues with my computer, so I've never used it.

I've always used EPSXE, and I've thrown a good few hundred games at it, and only a couple seem to have problems.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Haven't ... HEARD ... of EMURAYDEN?!

Well for a change I feel rather bright! This is an excellent emulator. I'll save you a few steps, pop-ups, translations, and minutes and give you our local file, it's about 2mb. Unzip and run the executable to install. I use the "compatibility mode", by the way, but there is also the "speed mode"... these things affect the load times, not the emulation itself.

Game ON!

http://www.videogamearchive.com/emu/...den-v22eng.zip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

epsxe seems to be MUCH slower on my machine than Emurayden (actually, Emurayden is full speed perfect), but that may be because of my old TNT2 card. On another note, thanks Joe for posting v2.2 of Emurayden. The version I had was v2.1. Only one problem however. v2.1 was able to display the screen at complete full screen perfectly. I can't seem to do this with v2.2. It's just displayed in a full black screen with the game playing in a box in the top left hand corner. Any ideas on making it full screen?

EDIT: Nevermind. Compatibility mode IS full screen.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I installed EmuRayden 2.2 last night, tried it this morning, and then spent this afternoon trying to get my PC back to a useable state. Needless to say, it will be uninstalled.

Seemed like it was a pretty good emulator, though with nowhere near enough configurability for my tastes. Certainly easy enough to use.

I knew that there was a hacked VGS out there, but hadn't realized it was EmuRayden. I'll keep the install file around just in case, but I'm sticking with ePSXe on the 2 PCs I emulate on.