Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

I forgot to mention that the bundle had originally been purchased at Walmart.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Hasn't Eurogamer among other sites been doing their own analysis using external devices? I'm pretty sure you're visual analysis is similar to what they found.
    I remember seeing a teardown (mentioning how it's easy to repair if need be), but that's it. Does anyone have a more technical link? I'd love to see it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slipdeath View Post
    I forgot to mention that the bundle had originally been purchased at Walmart.
    Still return fraud. You're not the original purchaser and obviously the person you bought it from didn't give you the receipt or they would have just took it back to Walmart themselves. Nice try though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slipdeath View Post
    So, right after DP was hacked I found this on craigslist. The whole set was brand spanking new, despite coming with a few useless accessories. It ran me 320, but the upside was that I went into walmart and returned the unwanted accessories and walked out with a starter kit and some change. I'll post my initial thoughts--I will say I'm loving it though.

Doesn't the usb cable and the AC Adapter thing already come inside the box? What's the point of having separate versions of them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Doesn't the usb cable and the AC Adapter thing already come inside the box? What's the point of having separate versions of them?
    a reason for wanting just the usb cable would be if you just wanted it to charge via usb computer port or transfer files onto a pc, maybe someone doesnt always want to unplug it from the power brick and take it to work. or maybe you lost or broke the one that came with the system and just needed one of the parts.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Since modern portables like 3DS and Vita need to be charged after each session, I personally like to keep an AC adapter/USB set up as a charge station.

One of the earliest purchases I made for the Vita was a second USB cable for PS3/PC data transfer and travel charging so that I don't have to constantly disconnect/reconnect the one that I have set up for home charging.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only accessory for the Vita that I'm interested in at the moment, is a travel case that I can fit my Vita into. Yeah, I know that there are tons and tons of cases out there, but I currently have the PS Vita Trigger Grip thing attatched to my Vita...

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger.../dp/B0072A4JVW

I bought it off Amazon for $15 shipped. It makes the Vita experience much more comfortable, but I would like to find some kind of travel case that will fit my Vita snuggly, even with the Trigger Grip attached to it. I might try to find a Kindle Fire tablet case that would work for it. Or something like that. I could take the thing out of the Trigger Grip and put it into a regular Vita case, but then I'm still carrying around the trigger grip thing as well, so what's the point?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

but I currently have the PS Vita Trigger Grip thing attatched to my Vita...
    I usually don't think accessories like grips that change a portable into being like a controller, but I think this would work well for the Vita due to the back touch panel.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a handle grip for PSP1000, but it wasn't as much of an improvement as I thought it would be. It didn't help that you couldn't pocket the system anymore without taking it off. I'm actually surprised that Sony hasn't tried making a more ergonomic handheld to begin with. I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller screen if it meant that the console were easier to hold. Multiple third-party grip solutions at launch says a lot to me.

I will say that the official leather case makes it a little easier to hold if you're not using the rear touchpad. It makes a sleeve for your fingers, relieving some of the weight they'd normally be supporting.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

The only accessory for the Vita that I'm interested in at the moment, is a travel case that I can fit my Vita into. Yeah, I know that there are tons and tons of cases out there, but I currently have the PS Vita Trigger Grip thing attatched to my Vita...

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger.../dp/B0072A4JVW

I bought it off Amazon for $15 shipped. It makes the Vita experience much more comfortable, but I would like to find some kind of travel case that will fit my Vita snuggly, even with the Trigger Grip attached to it. I might try to find a Kindle Fire tablet case that would work for it. Or something like that. I could take the thing out of the Trigger Grip and put it into a regular Vita case, but then I'm still carrying around the trigger grip thing as well, so what's the point?
    I used to use really cheap portable hard drive pouches as a PSP and DS cases and they worked great at protecting they systems from falls and scratches and what not. If you can find a larger scaled case you could probably make it work with a little modification to fit both the vita and the grips snugly. I used these for both console and although they worked great for even the 3DS with extended battery they are far too small for the vita.
    http://www.amazon.com/Caselogic-Neop...718081&sr=1-11

I also think a good set of grips would help with the ergonomic issues of the vita but I'm still holding out for the Nyko Battery Grips if they ever get around to releasing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think I mentioned earlier that I bought used copies of Fifa Soccer and Wipeout 2048. I just discovered that Wipeout has an Online Pass. The previous owner used the online pass. (The guy didn't mention anything about an online pass, and I didn't ask him, because I hadn't heard anything about online passes with Vita games). So, I've decided to put it back up on Craigslist. (I'll be sure to tell the next buyer that the online pass is used). I could buy the online pass for an extra $10, but I remember that Amazon once had brand new copies of Wipeout 2048 going for $29.99, so I guess I'd rather wait for that deal to come around again.

Surprisingly, the Fifa Soccer game doesn't have an online pass.

Vita games that require an online pass:

Wipeout 2048
    Hot Shots Golf
    MLB 12 The Show
    Unit 13

This is the first time I've been affected by the whole "online pass" thing. I'm not really a first person shooter guy, and I normally wait to buy games at ridiculously cheap prices, so this really hasn't been an issue up till now. I paid $22 for Wiepout used, and if I bought the online pass, that would make it $32. I could have bought a brand new copy of Wipeout via Amazon for $29.99. So, it just doesn't make sense for me to buy any game that requires an online pass for anymore than say 5 or 10 bucks, because if you feel like you really need to buy the online pass, then you might as well buy a brand new copy when it's on sale, because it will likely end up costing you less in the long run. This whole online pass thing kinda sucks, but I guess they have to do what they have to do, to try to put a monkey wrench into the used game market.

Live and Learn.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mentioned this before, but do any retail Vita games include manuals? The only retail title I have so far is BlazBlue, and there is no printed manual. Heck, even the software manual is bare bones. It says I have to go online to see the full manual. There's a clip to hold a manual in the case, like PSP cases had, but which games do and don't have manuals?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

This whole online pass thing kinda sucks, but I guess they have to do what they have to do, to try to put a monkey wrench into the used game market.

Live and Learn.
    No, they don't, because the used market isn't an issue, but that's another thread.

Note that the MLB: The Show and Unit 13 online passes both came with headaches for their customers. Digital versions of U13 didn't come with mulitplayer unlocked, and The Show was unlocking multiplayer for the PS3 version. In other words, passes affect both new and used customers.

Also, a Gamefly account might benefit you too. As I said (way) earlier in this thread, all Vita games have so far been $28 to buy once rented, and the online pass is valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I mentioned this before, but do any retail Vita games include manuals? The only retail title I have so far is BlazBlue, and there is no printed manual. Heck, even the software manual is bare bones. It says I have to go online to see the full manual. There's a clip to hold a manual in the case, like PSP cases had, but which games do and don't have manuals?
    I have six games, no manuals. As far as I'm aware, no games have them yet, but I'm sure a publisher could include them if they wanted, hence the hinge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    When you click on the game to start it up can you view the manual there? On Uncharted, the only game I've played, once you open up the game, there's a manual option to choose which displays the manual that way. No physical manuals are going to be included with Vita games I've heard.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The "software manual" for BlazBlue is about how to turn the system on and stuff like that. Zero references to gameplay. It has a BlazBlue cover page, but that's just art. The content is copy-pasted system information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now that I've had my Vita for a full day, and tried out a TON of demos, here are my current impressions:

2. The Vita is a pretty big device - Sliding this thing into a pocket is going to be pretty difficult. I think the size of the Vita could end up being a problem long term. It's almost too big to be a portable game machine that you constantly take with you, but it's a bit too small when compared to 7 inch tablets. So, it's kinda in a no-mans land. It's perfectly fine for me, because I won't really be taking it everywhere with me. I'll use it mostly at home, and whenever I go on a trip out of town or something.

6. No TV out is criminal - Look, I know a big part of the reason that it doesn't have a TV out, is because of the touchpads. You could link a DualShock 3 controller with bluetooth, and have your Vita sitting right next to your plasma or LCD display, but what about games that require the use of the front or rear touchpads? Still, you'd think that you could just use the Vita as the controller (not as ideal, but....), and just have a long wire running all the way to the TV.
    why is it that when people try to sell others on tablets as gaming devices i never hear how damn big they are? yet the vita gets this remark and how you cant put it in your pants? weird.

and i understand why it doesnt have a tv out, sony already has a home console, they want you to play vita games on the beautiful OLED screen im sure.

just my observations, welcome to the vita club! try watching tron 2 on it, its stunning.
    Last edited by dairugger; 03-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

I tried a Vita today for the first time at Best Buy. I was completely underwhelmed. I tried a few demos, inclucing FIFA, Hot Shots Golf, and Wipeout.

What's up with the load times? It seemed to take forever for Wipeout to load. I'm not sure how they have the games on the demo models, if there is just one cart with all the games or what, but it was ridiculously slow.

The screen was nice, but I didn't see a quantum leap over the PSP. And when I started to see how much it would cost for the system, a memory card, a simple case, and 2 games, it was easy to walk away without buying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    why is it that when people try to sell others on tablets as gaming devices i never hear how damn big they are? yet the vita gets this remark and how you cant put it in your pants? weird.
    I can only speak for myself personally, but as somebody that owns a tablet, and a vita, and has just about every other portable gaming system in my house somewhere (two young boys), I can say that devices without buttons are pretty worthless for real deal game playing, regardless of the size. Angry Birds and Cut the Rope and all that is fine for a quick 5 minute diversion, but quite honestly, my tablet is more for surfing the net, and watching various videos, etc. I'll play the occasional game, but "real" gaming needs buttons and d-pad's or thumbsticks.

One thing that I can say about the Vita, it makes my PSP-3000 seem tiny. I never thought I would say that. But even after buying the Vita, I'll still ocasionally play on my PSP slim, and the size difference and heft in your hand, between a 3000 and the Vita is striking! I love the Vita to death, don't get it twisted, but the thing isn't exactly small. You're making room for that thing if you're taking it with you. It's not something you can just shove in a pocket. As large as the PSP-3000's used to seem, you can still take one of those and stuff it in your jeans pocket. You might not want to, but you can. You try doing that with a Vita, and you start to freakout because you think you're going to break the tiny thumbsticks. I know, I've actually tried to put the Vita in my jeans pocket. I immediately decided that I should abort, lol.

i understand why it doesnt have a tv out, sony already has a home console, they want you to play vita games on the beautiful OLED screen im sure.
    We all know the real reason is because they need a huge feature for the Vita 2000. At e3, all the developers had Vita's that were connected to lcd's with hdmi cables. It's surely easy for them to implement that. I think they avoided it much in the way that EA Sports holds back special features in all their sports games. They save it for next years version. I'll just have to sell my Vita, and buy one of the new ones, and take the hit.

try watching tron 2 on it, its stunning.
    You know, I've been thinking about trying out some of the software out there that lets you convert various videos to a compatible version for the Vita. I haven't tried anything yet. It would be cool to have a few movies on there. I did try Netflix on it today, and the results were surprisingly good. The Vita's screen is probably the smalllest screen I could live with, in terms of trying to watch Netflix. My son has a 3DS and we never tried Netflix on it, because the screen is so small , why bother? I mean, it might be ok, but the Vita screen is just that much bigger that it makes a difference.

Did you buy tron 2 off PSN or convert it onto the Vita ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just played Little Deviants. Some mini games, few, are good, others are a test of your patience.

The best one I've played so far is where your deviant jumps out of an airplane and you have to guide him through rings and get a certain amount of points before you land. It uses the gyroscope and is extremely responsive. At first I didn't really get it as I was trying to play this mini game moving inverted, which I normally play games such as this, but then I realized you tilt the system into the direction. So after originally not like this one at all, I finished all the stages and thought it was enjoyable.

My second favorite was the one that plays like whack a mole. You only attack the botz. Not the humans or the deviants, even if they're dressed up in botz' costumes. You can only hit the botz if you hit them from the back, so if they're looking towards you, you hit the back touch panel, looking away, hit the front touch panel. It's simple and fun.

Then there's one that is sort of racing-ish where it's in a behind the back view with your deviant running from a shark following behind. Now the biggest problem with this one, and easily remedied by playing it more than once, is that in the opening tutorial it tells you to grip the system like a steering wheel and play it like a racing game. So when you do that, sure it works, but the thing is is that that's not how it was developed and it only works to a degree. Like every other motion based game that I've played so far in Little Deviants, it's tilt based from side to side facing up, not racing like, so the directions are giving you incorrect information. After you get it down that you can hold the system normally and tilt the side of the system down that you want to turn, the game actually becomes much more enjoyable.

Everything else I've tried I really didn't like. The one that they showed off on everything rolling the deviant around like Marble Madness. It could be good, but it was just boring. The camera type game where you move the camera around shooting the botz. If you've played the one 3DS game it's the exact same, and it wouldn't be as bad, but enemies can be right behind you so you have to turn all the way around to shoot them, circling around, etc. It's okay but not very. Then another game that was sort of like Pac Man but you have to roll the deviant around, except unlike the games where the motion control was accurate, this one felt very delayed and wasn't enjoyable. Then the last one was where you pulled on both back touch panel and front touch panel to drag the deviant against the ropes to kill enemies, which was just repetitive and boring.

I've only unlocked played through 10 out of 30 areas so far, and I know for sure I haven't unlocked atleast one mini game, and there's the fact that there are duplicates as well. The marble madness type one I've already came across a duplicate and it was just as boring as the first.

So Little Deviants has some good mini games, but is by far the worst mini game compilation I've ever played. It's definitely no Wario Ware or Mario Party, that's for sure. However, there are a lot of games that aren't just mini game compilations with mini games that still blow Little Deviants out of the water. Yakuza series, Final Fantasy 7 and others in the series, Xenosaga, Legend of Legaia, Breath of Fire 3, and many others that have a lot of extremely well developed mini games. Yakuza 4 puts pretty much any game to shame, mini game compilation or not, with both quality and quantity of the mini games, but regardless, Little Deviants is one of the worst mini game compilations I've played with many non mini game compilations having better quality mini games.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-26-2012 at 01:05 AM.