Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 196

Thread: Playstation Vita

  1. #51
    Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ra Cailum
    Posts
    825
    PSN
    Insanity2546
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Eh, don't feel bad, easy mistake to make, and they MAY have some apps or DLC games that use the feature for gaming in the future.

    So, I did some testing and out of the 20+ Minis I downloaded to my PS3, only the ones that are listed on the Vita's PSN Store transfer over.

    So, there seems to be more PSP software that is NOT on the Vita's PSN Store that transfer over via PS3 with no problem. Those are games that likely run but haven't been QA tested by whatever standards need to be done to sell them on Vita.

    Also, people looking for some good, cheap pick-up & play/arcade PSP games on Vita:

    Capcom Classics Remixed
    Capcom Classics ReLoaded
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
    Power Stone Collection
    Darkstalkers Chaos Tower

    are all $9.99 each. (though you'll need to transfer Capcom Classics via the PS3)
    Don't forget Metal Slug Anthology, its a more expensive at 20 dollars but you get 7 games. One of my most played psp games and downloads directly to the vita.

  2. #52
    Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Tupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,424
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    I played one for the first time today at Best Buy, and it sure is impressive. It feels just like I'm playing a console game, the screen is amazing. Unfortunately, this includes load time. I like the looks of the boxes too, very efficient.

    The only other problem I had was using the physical controls when I should have used the touch screen and vice versa. I thought it was frozen until I realized you had to tap it.

    I'll probably pick one up in a couple of months, but I hope it doesn't become I dumping ground for PS3 ports like the PSP was for PS2 ports. Of course the launch wasn't free of Gameloft and Ubisoft crap, just like the 3DS, PSP, and DS...

  3. #53
    Banana (Level 7) WCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,411
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I saw a real Vita for the first time in my life last night at Best Buy. Here were my impressions:


    1. Screen - Honestly, I've listened to so many podcasts with people talking about how the screen is so drop dead gorgeous, that I guess I was expecting too much, because the screen didn't blow me away like I thought it would. Sure, it's a big ass screen for a handheld, and it's clear and crisp, but it's not as amazing as everybody seems to be saying, either that, or the lighting conditions in the Best Buy made it seem less than amazing.

    2. Size - It's not as big as I was expecting. At least, I think when you take that anti-theft device that Best Buy has hooked onto it, if you take that off, I'm guessing it's not really that much bigger than a PSP.

    3. Shoulder Buttons - Man, I wish they would dump their shoulder button design. Not comfortable at all.

    4. Regular buttons - While tiny, they seemed to work ok.

    5. Thumbsticks - Man, these are some tiny little thumbsticks. I hope some aftermarket extenders come out, to give it a little more feel. I heard the aiming in Uncharted is pretty bad because of the limited range of the thumbstick.

    6. Games - Played Uncharted for about a minute, played Wipeout for about a minute. Saw little Deviants for a short period. Saw Fifa for a short period. Basically, I thought the graphics were pretty amazing on EVERYTHING. The loading time in Wipeout is Redonkulous. They have to do something about those loading times. Uncharted was a graphical standout. The scenery in Wipeout, and the tracks themselves look very nice. Little Deviants looked decent, but I've heard the game is garbage.


    Honestly, I couldn't play the thing too long because a bunch of people were waiting for me to get done with it. So, it wasn't a fair evaluation. For me personally, I'm going to have to pass on it, because I just can't justify spending console money on a handheld. Not that it isn't worth it. For somebody that uses a handheld frequently, it's a must own device. No question. I very rarely use handhelds, so I tend to wait a long time. I need to wait on the software as well. Wait till the prices come down.

    I can guarantee you this though.... If I was going on a 4 day vacation, and wanted to bring a small device along, it would be the Vita, without question. I wish I could just rent the thing for a few days, heh..

  4. #54
    Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Posts
    4,824
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post

    5. Thumbsticks - Man, these are some tiny little thumbsticks. I hope some aftermarket extenders come out, to give it a little more feel. I heard the aiming in Uncharted is pretty bad because of the limited range of the thumbstick.
    Uncharted's aiming is no fault of the sticks. It's coding. Unit 13, for example, controls fine. But yes, it's an adjustment to move to Vita sticks and back again to consoles.

  5. #55
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    5. Thumbsticks - Man, these are some tiny little thumbsticks. I hope some aftermarket extenders come out, to give it a little more feel. I heard the aiming in Uncharted is pretty bad because of the limited range of the thumbstick.
    You can adjust the sensitivity on Uncharted.

    It is too high by default, but turn the speed down by about 1/4 total and it's fine. Also helps to turn off the tilt mechanism aiming which is on by default and can interfere with accuracy if you're moving around while you play.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  6. #56
    Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ra Cailum
    Posts
    825
    PSN
    Insanity2546
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    Uncharted's aiming is no fault of the sticks. It's coding. Unit 13, for example, controls fine. But yes, it's an adjustment to move to Vita sticks and back again to consoles.
    I definitely agree with this, while Unit 13's shooting controls felt tight and focused Uncharted's are kinda meh. I didn't like the SixAxis aiming controls either in Uncharted but it seems to be popular with a lot of people.

  7. #57
    Banana (Level 7) WCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,411
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I wonder if anybody has done a Vita tear down video, where they take the thing apart piece by piece. Then we can know if thumbstick extenders are even possible.

  8. #58
    Peach (Level 3) dairugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    630
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    i know ifixit or fix it yourself .com (?) has done a tear down, apparently everythings modular and it was said changing the battery yourself was super easy.

  9. #59
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    i am planning to get one, ive heard good things about it. does anyone know if they will release any ps2 games to download in the store?

  10. #60
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfrank View Post
    i am planning to get one, ive heard good things about it. does anyone know if they will release any ps2 games to download in the store?
    No word, though it's entirely possible for them to emulate the hardware/software.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  11. #61
    Cherry (Level 1) Trumpman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    329
    Xbox LIVE
    Dahnosaur
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I don't really know why, but I've totally lost interest in portable gaming these days. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled by my giant TV screen or that my iPhone has taken over as an ersatz Game Boy (with amazing graphics, see Infinity Blade 2). I also don't really have any friends who have handheld devices to play against (as opposed to my 360, where I'm always talking to one friend or another). Anyway, even though the Vita seems like a great machine, I can't really see myself buying one anytime soon.

    It wouldn't surprise me if sales for both the 3DS and the Vita are slow, because I think I'm not the only one with these views.


  12. #62
    Banana (Level 7) WCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,411
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    I don't really know why, but I've totally lost interest in portable gaming these days. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled by my giant TV screen or that my iPhone has taken over as an ersatz Game Boy (with amazing graphics, see Infinity Blade 2). I also don't really have any friends who have handheld devices to play against (as opposed to my 360, where I'm always talking to one friend or another). Anyway, even though the Vita seems like a great machine, I can't really see myself buying one anytime soon.

    It wouldn't surprise me if sales for both the 3DS and the Vita are slow, because I think I'm not the only one with these views.

    Early Vita sales numbers are going to be really interesting, because it seems like there are tons and tons of people buying these things. Of course, my evidence of this is limited to my own experiences. I've been to a Best Buy to check the Vita out first hand, and they hardly had any games or accessories in stock. It seemed like just about everything was sold out, which is a pretty good sign for such an expensive piece of hardware, with limited marketing up to this point. Also, I listen to a shitload of gaming podcasts, and it seems everybody on the podcasts are buying their own Vita (most of them with their own money), and their friends and associates seem to be buying them as well. It was similar with the 3DS launch, but there seems to be a bit more hype with the Vita for some reason.

    This could totally be a situation in which the podcast scenario is Sony preaching to the Choir, and the Choir running out and buying immediately. As for the Best Buy no stock thing, it's only one Best Buy, so it doesn't really mean all that much. We'll know by Summer how successful the initial launch was.

  13. #63
    Get Ready! SpaceHarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Fantasy Zone, California
    Posts
    1,613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    So I fondled this thing for a few minutes today at WalMart. Beautiful screen, I couldn't even see the pixels until I put my eyeball through it. Played Wipeout and Uncharted.

    They looked great but on such a small screen the details get lost amongst the action. I feel content with my PSP for now. Also, maybe it's just my lack of dexterity, but I kept hitting the right analog stick when I was trying to hit the face buttons. Everything is so small and squished together.

    AND QUIT MAKING ME TOUCH THE SCREEN JUST BECAUSE!

    I get it, the system has a touch screen. I don't want to push check marks to start the race, I want to press X like a normal person would, obviously. I actually like the idea of taking the rubbings in Uncharted though, at least that feels 'interactive' and not as much 'we just want to remind you again that there is a touch screen. TOUCH IT!'

    video game bead sprites I made.

  14. #64
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    So I fondled this thing for a few minutes today at WalMart. Beautiful screen, I couldn't even see the pixels until I put my eyeball through it. Played Wipeout and Uncharted.

    They looked great but on such a small screen the details get lost amongst the action. I feel content with my PSP for now. Also, maybe it's just my lack of dexterity, but I kept hitting the right analog stick when I was trying to hit the face buttons. Everything is so small and squished together.

    AND QUIT MAKING ME TOUCH THE SCREEN JUST BECAUSE!

    I get it, the system has a touch screen. I don't want to push check marks to start the race, I want to press X like a normal person would, obviously. I actually like the idea of taking the rubbings in Uncharted though, at least that feels 'interactive' and not as much 'we just want to remind you again that there is a touch screen. TOUCH IT!'
    I know, the basic menu screens SORELY lack the ability to navigate with the d-pad and buttons.

    Here's hoping that in a firmware or two we get the option to select and start things up without having to constantly poke the screen.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  15. #65
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Early Vita sales numbers are going to be really interesting, because it seems like there are tons and tons of people buying these things. Of course, my evidence of this is limited to my own experiences. I've been to a Best Buy to check the Vita out first hand, and they hardly had any games or accessories in stock. It seemed like just about everything was sold out, which is a pretty good sign for such an expensive piece of hardware, with limited marketing up to this point. Also, I listen to a shitload of gaming podcasts, and it seems everybody on the podcasts are buying their own Vita (most of them with their own money), and their friends and associates seem to be buying them as well. It was similar with the 3DS launch, but there seems to be a bit more hype with the Vita for some reason.

    This could totally be a situation in which the podcast scenario is Sony preaching to the Choir, and the Choir running out and buying immediately. As for the Best Buy no stock thing, it's only one Best Buy, so it doesn't really mean all that much. We'll know by Summer how successful the initial launch was.
    Well, the numbers this morning weren't exactly what I was expecting given the healthy launch I assumed happened based on visiting a number of stores last week. It looks like 600K units combined for both the US and Europe. While not terrible, it's not exactly stellar either, especially with all the discounting, free memory cards, B2G1, etc...

    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/28/vi...lli/#continued

  16. #66
    Banana (Level 7) WCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,411
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I was at Target today, and got to play the Vita for about 5 minutes while the wife was looking for some misc stuff. I ended up playing Wipeout. I'm a huge Wipeout fan. Absolutely adore the first two on PS1, and I also love Wipeout HD on PS3. The Vita wipeout "looks" really good, but it's running at 30 frames instead of 60, and the sensation of speed is really lacking. I kept hitting the turbo boosts, and even then it just doesn't seem like I'm going that fast. It really sucks, because other than that, the game seems pretty freaking amazing. It would easily be one of my most wanted Vita games, but a Wipeout game needs to seem fast, and this one doesn't. I'd still like to play more of it, but I'm a bit bummed out about it.

  17. #67
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Wipeout on the Vita in 30fps doesn't mean that the sense of speed is gone, because it's still there. The game is even available in cross play with the PS3. The sense of speed is probably not there because you were probably playing in a low speed class. I was playing Wipeout 2048 on my friends Vita and another friend started a game up on the Vita and then later I joined his game on the PS3 and it seems to run cross play with no lag. Everything seemed fine to me.

    --

    About Remote Play for the PS3/Vita.

    Sony has already said that they're currently working on an update that will allow the Vita to play all PS3 content through remote play, not just certain games. The Vita can already play all this content through remote play through a custom firmware PS3, but as for official firmware, not yet.

    As far as I knew, what does it really matter? You had to set it up with the PS3 everytime you used it. You had to have access to a tv. I didn't know that once you set it up and then hit remote play on the Vita, it would automatically wake the PS3 from sleep mode and activate remote play. I also didn't know that you could connect to remote play through a wireless connection.

    So once Sony gets that patch in to allow all PS3 games to work via remote play, the PS Vita will truly become a portable PS3. Anything on the console, and whatever game is in the console is playable from either home or any wireless connection.

    I'm interested in the Wii U and that's one of the selling points for me. Being able to bring the Wii U around as a portable console as long as plugged up to a power outlet. But finding this out, the Vita just did a one up on the Wii U by not only being able to do the same thing, but by doing it at any wireless location, without me having to unplug my console it bring it somewhere with me.

    Is anyone else interested in Remote Play because of this?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

  18. #68
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Wipeout on the Vita in 30fps doesn't mean that the sense of speed is gone, because it's still there. The game is even available in cross play with the PS3. The sense of speed is probably not there because you were probably playing in a low speed class. I was playing Wipeout 2048 on my friends Vita and another friend started a game up on the Vita and then later I joined his game on the PS3 and it seems to run cross play with no lag. Everything seemed fine to me.

    --

    About Remote Play for the PS3/Vita.

    Sony has already said that they're currently working on an update that will allow the Vita to play all PS3 content through remote play, not just certain games. The Vita can already play all this content through remote play through a custom firmware PS3, but as for official firmware, not yet.

    As far as I knew, what does it really matter? You had to set it up with the PS3 everytime you used it. You had to have access to a tv. I didn't know that once you set it up and then hit remote play on the Vita, it would automatically wake the PS3 from sleep mode and activate remote play. I also didn't know that you could connect to remote play through a wireless connection.

    So once Sony gets that patch in to allow all PS3 games to work via remote play, the PS Vita will truly become a portable PS3. Anything on the console, and whatever game is in the console is playable from either home or any wireless connection.

    I'm interested in the Wii U and that's one of the selling points for me. Being able to bring the Wii U around as a portable console as long as plugged up to a power outlet. But finding this out, the Vita just did a one up on the Wii U by not only being able to do the same thing, but by doing it at any wireless location, without me having to unplug my console it bring it somewhere with me.

    Is anyone else interested in Remote Play because of this?
    Actually, Sony has said nothing of the sort. There was a rumor printed by several websites last November that claimed Sony was working on universal remote play, but zero confirmation from Sony. Sure, it would be awesome if Sony implemented universal remote play, but it will likely also seriously impact Vita software sales if people have a full library of PS3 games to choose from. As such, I am very skeptical that they will ever release this purported patch. Personally, I have zero interest in playing PS3 games on the Vita. I want unique experiences that only the Vita and its unique features can provide.

  19. #69
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Wasn't aware that it was a rumor considering a lot of major news sites posted it without tagging it as rumor. Then again, journalism isn't what it used to be.

    I think Sony needs to make it happen though. Rather than hurt the Vita, I think it would help it. Like Nintendo mentioned at E3 with the Wii U, there's the ability to have the game display on the touch screen and continue even if you lose access to a television.

    Also how many people do you think are going to have access of constant wifi outside of their home, especially with most people usually playing portables within their homes. I highly doubt many sales would be lost by having all games playable with remote play. Even if some sales are lost, the ability to do remote play through wifi might actually cut down on the third party developers porting half their current gen library to the Vita. *cough*Ubisoft*cough.* Less ports, more exclusives. The way you're thinking of it is that everyone would just buy PS3 games and then forego purchasing anything for the Vita, which more than likely isn't going to happen. In the event that it did, even then it'd be making Sony money.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

  20. #70
    Kirby (Level 13) Leo_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,871
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Sony squashed that rumor several days ago. Only games specially programmed to support it will have a remote play option. I believe the next Killzone is supposed to be the first example.

    It's my understanding that Wipeout 2048 doesn't support cross play (Doesn't that refer to being able to actually play the Vita game on your PS3 ala the upcoming Motorstorm RC?), but that if you own the PS3 editions, you can download for free the PS3 tracks to play against PS3 owners online from your Vita.

  21. #71
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Anybody either get the full game or play the Touch my Katamari demo?

    I own every single Katamari game (including both iOS games) and this one has IMO the absolute fastest, best, most responsive controls out of all of them.

    The jump mechanic carried over from the PS3 game and the Katamari morphing (stretch/pinch) with the back touch screen are great.

    I see a lot of critics citing that the series hasn't evolved much and that this entry has some recycled levels/content, and where that is certainly valid criticism of any game that has never seemed to bother me SPECIFICALLY in a Katamari game.

    As long as it's not part & parcel the same exact game as what came before I don't mind playing in the same environments or doing the same tasks.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  22. #72
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    It's my understanding that Wipeout 2048 doesn't support cross play (Doesn't that refer to being able to actually play the Vita game on your PS3 ala the upcoming Motorstorm RC?), but that if you own the PS3 editions, you can download for free the PS3 tracks to play against PS3 owners online from your Vita.
    There's an option specifically for crossplay that will support all the Wipeout HD and HD Fury tracks. It won't support any of the new tracks or new ships though. However, it seems with Vita that only four of those tracks are unlocked from the start, or atleast I'm guessing, so you have to unlock them rather than being able to play all of them.

    The thing is, my friend couldn't join my match I started with the PS3, but I was able to join his match he started with the Vita.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

  23. #73
    Peach (Level 3) dairugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    630
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Wipeout on the Vita in 30fps doesn't mean that the sense of speed is gone, because it's still there. The game is even available in cross play with the PS3. The sense of speed is probably not there because you were probably playing in a low speed class. I was playing Wipeout 2048 on my friends Vita and another friend started a game up on the Vita and then later I joined his game on the PS3 and it seems to run cross play with no lag. Everything seemed fine to me.

    --

    About Remote Play for the PS3/Vita.

    Sony has already said that they're currently working on an update that will allow the Vita to play all PS3 content through remote play, not just certain games. The Vita can already play all this content through remote play through a custom firmware PS3, but as for official firmware, not yet.

    As far as I knew, what does it really matter? You had to set it up with the PS3 everytime you used it. You had to have access to a tv. I didn't know that once you set it up and then hit remote play on the Vita, it would automatically wake the PS3 from sleep mode and activate remote play. I also didn't know that you could connect to remote play through a wireless connection.

    So once Sony gets that patch in to allow all PS3 games to work via remote play, the PS Vita will truly become a portable PS3. Anything on the console, and whatever game is in the console is playable from either home or any wireless connection.

    I'm interested in the Wii U and that's one of the selling points for me. Being able to bring the Wii U around as a portable console as long as plugged up to a power outlet. But finding this out, the Vita just did a one up on the Wii U by not only being able to do the same thing, but by doing it at any wireless location, without me having to unplug my console it bring it somewhere with me.

    Is anyone else interested in Remote Play because of this?
    actually from what ive read the wiiu tablet will only be able to play games up to a certain distance in a house, you cant take it with you say to school and play unfortunatly. the tablet streams from the console using some sort of transmission (blutooth?) it doesnt use a persons wireless network to do so.
    Last edited by dairugger; 03-01-2012 at 05:58 AM.

  24. #74
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Okay, so, here are some interesting findings.

    The PSP software that is NOT listed on the PS Vita Store but is compatible via transfer from PS3 to PSV - knocks off your wireless internet connection if/when it accesses it for local multiplayer, and when you quit out of those games you'll need to power down and power up the Vita to get WiFi working again.

    I noticed this with Capcom Classics and Flow, both of which automatically take over WiFi for local multiplayer. This didn't happen with SNK Classics Collection which IS on the PSV Store.

    Interesting ... looks like the PSP functionality that uses WiFi for local multiplayer doesn't flip back over and the WiFi hardware doesn't reset when you quit the software. No huge deal, but that may be a reason why those games aren't available for purchase on the PSV Store.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  25. #75
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    actually from what ive read the wiiu tablet will only be able to play games up to a certain distance in a house, you cant take it with you say to school and play unfortunatly. the tablet streams from the console using some sort of transmission (blutooth?) it doesnt use a persons wireless network to do so.
    I know that. The console is required to be with you and hooked into a power outlet while the Vita can do so through any location that has wireless. Atleast considering that your PS3 on the other end also has access to the internet, wired or wireless. Reread the paragraph mentioning the Wii U.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Similar Threads

  1. Playstation TV - Will it breath life into the VITA?
    By Oldskool in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:05 PM
  2. Playstation Vita stuff
    By WCP in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
  3. Playstation Vita 3G Question
    By DreadIsReal in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
  4. Playstation Vita
    By dairugger in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
  5. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 08:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •