Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moggles View Post
    Don't like the way Sony are trying to throw the Vita down my throat on PSN.
    Hows that?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Vita owners. For a limited time, download Motorstorm RC for free starting Tuesday.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...tesy-of-scion/

*edit*

For those of you who don't yet own a Vita but own a PS3, you can purchase the free game in the event you get a Vita later.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-05-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I finally got around to playing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom and I REALLY love the Vita's D-Pad for Capcom type fighting games, especially the "clicks". Those really help me mentally register my actions in specials and supers.

Also, man, that's a great freakin' portable version of that game. Can't wait for the PSN to come back online so I can try some online multiplayer.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

So I'm a bit of an accessory geek especially when it comes to a new console launch and just got my first case.

I wanted a hard shell both because I'm concerned about the analog sticks remaining in an engaged position with a soft shell and as something I can throw into a bag packed with crap without fear of again the analog sticks being compressed or damaged in some way. I was going to go with the Hori Hard Shell originally but I've read tons and tons of reviews that although very good they reek something awful.

I ended up getting the PDP Custom Crystal Case and am pretty happy with it, not perfect but not bad either. Its made of solid plastic all around and has a good rubber lining on the interior of the case. It can fit 8 game cards and 2 memory sticks on one side of the rubber inlay and the other has indents for both the control buttons and the analog sticks. The closing mechanism is just a plastic latch that I do expect will wear out overtime just based on how it works but it seems solid enough for now. It also has removable art under clear portions of the case which is kinda neat, though Ill probably just take those out.

I've done a few drop tests both with the vita and without it. Without the vita the case does occasionally open due to play between the top and bottom haves of the case. However with the vita in the case the play is completely eliminated and it didn't open on drops unless hit squarely on the latch. I just might end up shaving a bit of the rubber off of the analog stick indents in top latch portion only because of how snug the case is once the vita is in it concerns me a bit. Overall its a decent hard case for 20 bucks and something I feel safe again throwing into my car or a packed bag, at least until I see something better come along.

Anyone else picked anything up yet?

Also FYI Toys R' Us is having a buy 1 get 1 half off sale on Vita, DS, and 3DS games till the 10th so if your interested check that out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why would you intentionally be dropping your Vita for?

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I was curious to see whether what I had read online was true or not. Dropped it from a few feet on carpet and then wood floor the case worked great. I would rather know that it works in a controlled setting then walk around with it somewhere else and end up damaging it with a faulty case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To me, being careful with it from day 1 makes the most sense instead of stress testing it yourself.

lol

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hopefully the Motorstorm RC promotion lasts beyond "this afternoon." I'm not even going to be home from work until later tonight. I can understand all the high school kids being able to get it, but not so much everyone else.

That's another thing that has me on the fence about the Vita. I played the crap out of my PSP during my senior year of high school and the first few years of college. Final Fantasy, Mega Man, and Katamari everywhere I went. Now, I don't have that kind of "sitting around" time. It feels awkward to sit around at home playing a handheld when I could be playing something on a console.

There is a GDC talk this Wednesday afternoon on PlayStation Suite and developing independently for the Vita. No word yet on whether they have permission to record or stream it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Hopefully the Motorstorm RC promotion lasts beyond "this afternoon." I'm not even going to be home from work until later tonight. I can understand all the high school kids being able to get it, but not so much everyone else.
    Usually deals like this are at least for the week of. I don't see anything in print that claims it's only for "this afternoon". Where are you reading that?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I tried to get this through the PSN site (I assume you can make purchases there) and Motorstorm RC for the Vita doesn't appear to have been released yet.

Do I have to access the store through my PS3 or PSP to get it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I tried to get this through the PSN site (I assume you can make purchases there) and Motorstorm RC for the Vita doesn't appear to have been released yet.
    Nothing has. Sony is pulling one of their really REALLY late PSN store updates.

*EDIT* It's live now as of 9PM EST.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 03-06-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not through their website (I assume I can do it through the PSN site like I can make Xbox Live purchases through their website). The game page still shows it as not having been released. Did you download directly through your Vita?

Was hoping to get this for the future (Not going to buy a Vita anytime soon). My PSP's aren't in a convenient spot at the moment to dig out so I guess I'll have to hook up my PS3 and see if I can get it there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Not through their website (I assume I can do it through the PSN site like I can make Xbox Live purchases through their website). The game page still shows it as not having been released. Did you download directly through your Vita?

Was hoping to get this for the future (Not going to buy a Vita anytime soon). My PSP's aren't in a convenient spot at the moment to dig out so I guess I'll have to hook up my PS3 and see if I can get it there.
    What do you mean "PSN Site"?

The PSN store on the Media Go software, or the PSN store on the PS3?

I got the game right on the Vita, but Vita games are on the PS3 so it should be there as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The actual webpage for the title at the Playstation site. Logged in with my PSN info, typed in a PSP game I knew was available via PSN and saw a purchase option (Which I presume is for the digital version) so I thought I could just purchase it through here to add it to my account once it became available.

I've made purchases through XboxLive.com and assumed there must be a Sony equivalent available, but maybe there isn't.

Guess I'll have to get the PS3 hooked up to grab this.

Edit - Opened up the page for a demo to see if I could "purchase" it and all that was available was a how-to video on how to make PSN purchases on the PS3. Guess I was mistaken in assuming the website had that functionality like XboxLive.com has (What I saw before must've been a physical game that Sony had available to sell).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-06-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

The actual webpage for the title at the Playstation site. Logged in with my PSN info, typed in a PSP game I knew was available via PSN and saw a purchase option (Which I presume is for the digital version) so I thought I could just purchase it through here to add it to my account once it became available.

I've made purchases through XboxLive.com and assumed there must be a Sony equivalent available, but maybe there isn't.

Guess I'll have to get the PS3 hooked up to grab this.
    Ah, no, I don't think you can do that on the Playstation.com site, but MediaGo has a PSN Store on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks

Been meaning to give that software a try anyways, so I'll give it a go.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see it on PS3 or MediaGo. Hmmm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I only can locate PSP compatible PSN content through MediaGo. Not a waste of my time though since I'm sure this will be useful for my PSP's.

Since you don't see it on your PS3, I guess I'll just pass. I wanted the PS3 version more anyways and was just going to grab the Vita download since it was a freebie. So no big loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I only can locate PSP compatible PSN content through MediaGo. Not a waste of my time though since I'm sure this will be useful for my PSP's.

Since you don't see it on your PS3, I guess I'll just pass. I wanted the PS3 version more anyways and was just going to grab the Vita download since it was a freebie. So no big loss.
    It's pretty fun, really good iteration of non-online play friend interaction (showing ghost paths and giving live feeds on global scoring) ... but WOO BOY does it have refresh rate issues.

HUGE friggin horizontal screen tearing I hope they can fix that in future patches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried vita today. I played wipeout. Man the load times were rough. I'm surprised.