Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Anybody else get Motorstorm RC?

I'm interested in impressions. I like this a lot for FREE, probably more than I would if I had paid for it (so thank Scion for that) ... but I'm wondering if anybody thinks that it's worth the intended cost of entry.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In Europe, I guess getting one version of Motorstorm RC gives you access to the other version for free. Too bad that wasn't the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I tried vita today. I played wipeout. Man the load times were rough. I'm surprised.
    Someone was quoting what sounded like outragious estimates of load times a day or two after launch at another forum and I figured it was nonsense until trying one.

They must really be compressing things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    They must really be compressing things.
    I guess I dunno but it kind of sucked. I hope thats something that will change with time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I guess I dunno but it kind of sucked. I hope thats something that will change with time.
    Yeah, the initial boot up load time on Marvel Vs. Capcom is pretty bad (not so bad after that), Mod Nation Racers has its moments, but considering the amount of custom content in that game it's tough to fault it.

Uncharted isn't too bad. I don't find myself cursing the load times on that one.

I think load time growing pains are common on any new platform. Developers will streamline and find better ways to stream data.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NOW the free version of Motorstorm shows up on PS3. Thanks to Kupomogli for sending me a link to it, and it also shows up on the front page of the store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    NOW the free version of Motorstorm shows up on PS3. Thanks to Kupomogli for sending me a link to it, and it also shows up on the front page of the store.
    Awesome. Good to know! Snag it while its free and it should stay in your download history.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

In Europe, I guess getting one version of Motorstorm RC gives you access to the other version for free. Too bad that wasn't the case here.
    They're not going to give you the PS3 version by getting the Scion version free. But if you happen not to get the Scion version, buying the PS3 version of Motorstorm RC gives you the other version for free in the US as well. The free download is only available through Scion in the US, so those of us who were never planning on getting it for either system atleast get it free for the Vita.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks, nice to know since I want to buy this for the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Alright, so was just talking to my friend who purchased Dissidia Duodecim off the PSN as a digital copy so he can play it on the Vita, and said he tried to connect to adhoc party with the game through the PS Vita and it worked.

Now it might not work with Modnation Racers, being that it's a Vita game, but atleast we know that adhoc party works with PSP games even if they're being played on the Vita.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Is this thing on clearance yet? I want one.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Alright, so was just talking to my friend who purchased Dissidia Duodecim off the PSN as a digital copy so he can play it on the Vita, and said he tried to connect to adhoc party with the game through the PS Vita and it worked.

Now it might not work with Modnation Racers, being that it's a Vita game, but atleast we know that adhoc party works with PSP games even if they're being played on the Vita.
    Out of curiousity, is Dissidia Duodecim on their compatibility list? I've heard some complaints about online modes not working on PSP games (Not adhoc party) that aren't on the compatibility list but otherwise work on the Vita.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-08-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Out of curiousity, is Dissidia Duodecim on their compatibility list? I've heard some complaints about online modes not working on PSP games (Not adhoc party) that aren't on the compatibility list but otherwise work on the Vita.
    Yeah it is, bought and downloaded it from the Vita PS Store last night. Although I could also download the prolog version, it would not let me download the aerith DLC for the game. I'm not sure if either of those are on the store but they were on my downloads list so not sure with that issue with that was.

I'm curious weather this was a single game bug or a wide spread problem but metal slug anthology gives you the PSP-style error "Wireless switch is turned off" when I access multiplayer mode on it when my vita's wireless is on. I'll have to test it with my buddies psp to see weather it connects but it seemed odd to give me that error unless the PSP emulator is looking for a piece of hardware that no longer exists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Is this thing on clearance yet? I want one.
    The Vita shouldn't be on clearance anytime soon but I'm sure Target will start clearancing out some of it's games within the next 2-4 months.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    I've had mine for over a month (bought the Japanese WiFi one) and love it. I mostly play Hot shots Golf right now but I also have -

Ridge Racer (JP)
    Hot Shots Golf (JP & US)
    Uncharted (JP)
    Wipeout (US)
    Little Deviants (US)
    I was reading the reviews for Ridge Racer, it got slammed! Too bad as it use to be one of the best racers on PSone.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

To anyone interested in MLB: The Show, note that all of the cutscenes were removed. Even after a home run, the game just moves along without any celebration or running of the bases. Completely takes away the feel of baseball. It's one thing to speed it up for portable players, but it's another to not include this stuff at all. Hopefully they get it right next year.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    To anyone interested in MLB: The Show, note that all of the cutscenes were removed. Even after a home run, the game just moves along without any celebration or running of the bases. Completely takes away the feel of baseball. It's one thing to speed it up for portable players, but it's another to not include this stuff at all. Hopefully they get it right next year.
    That's a bummer. Persona 3 portable does the same thing, sort of. All the exploration/narrative sequences are now just a flat hand drawn screen. You use a cursor to just point at still, non moving characters to talk to them. It makes the game faster, for sure, and I guess it's nice to shave some time off of this 100+ hour game, but it detracts from the immersion a bit.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.125668,-118.158499

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

With 2 and 4 gig card sizes, some of this might have more to do with minimizing the size of the game rather than trying to make it more portable friendly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post

Are you F'ing serious? Wow... This was one of the few games that was tempting me towards a Vita. Playing a season with my S.F. Giants. But no cutscenes? Weird...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Anybody else get Motorstorm RC?

I'm interested in impressions. I like this a lot for FREE, probably more than I would if I had paid for it (so thank Scion for that) ... but I'm wondering if anybody thinks that it's worth the intended cost of entry.
    So just recently started playing the game. I have 81 medals, so more than half way through the game, and I think the game is a piece of shit.

The races where you're alone aren't too bad, but they're boring. Most of the time you're going through these tracks, the first lap is always, "I can't see the damn road because there's too much bullshit that could be the road" where every consecutive lap, or retry, is probably three medals because you actually know the course. But once you're past the course and you go back to the course again on a different area, you forget the course again, mainly because you can't see the damn thing because everything blends in to one another.

So then you get to where the game "should" be fun, racing against seven other cars. First off, the game has some ridiculous rubber band ai. There are several races I've played that I was in the back and couldn't get by, only for all the cars to drive the same speed as the first three places. Then several other races on the exact same track that I easily beat my last race and past first place, only for first place to keep with me, way ahead of every other car. The other thing is that the car that you're going to be using in these tracks are the best you can use, a lot of times, the computer cars, while slightly slower, never making less than a perfect turn. So there's almost no room for failure.

What makes matters worse is every car, especially the high horsepower cars used for drifting, have the control of a wet noodle. Anytime your car even grazes another car or barrier, you spin out. The high horsepower cars not only have this happening to them more frequently, from being hit in the back, front, side, etc. With high horsepower cars, drifting is usually your only option to get around and not lose a massive amount of time since your brakes seem to be completely worthless in these vehicles, and unfortunately, by drifting a corner, you're guaranteed to get hit by another car. It's just ridiculous. One time I hit a car during a turn only to get thrown high speed in the opposite direction. Is this pinball or racing?

The game is just boring and/or frusturating. There are many other classic racers that have the same style of play, don't control like ass, and the tracks are easily visible without having to take a test drive each track because the darker tracks you can't tell where the hell you can turn. Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road is an example of a good game that has the same play style. If you haven't downloaded it or you miss downloading it for free, don't worry, you're not missing out. If you're going to purchase it because you think it might be good, save your money for something else.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-10-2012 at 11:28 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been watching the Sunday paper ads for a decent deal on a Vita, but none of them seem to even acknowledge it. I think I saw one mention in the Best Buy ad the week after its release, but nothing since or before. Given how much I've heard about them spending $millions on marketing for this thing, shouldn't they be getting retailers to push the product?

At any rate, I'm looking for the best deal on a Vita right now.