Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

I remember they had a 2600 on the show once too
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And a Virtual Boy.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

The seller wanting $500 is way off. (Which is pretty typical of Pawn Stars)

Most of those games are $40-$50 titles.

That lot is worth about $300 HIGH END ESTIMATE. $200 from the store is a good call if they want to make a profit.

The boxed Donkey Kong is a small gem in that set but the box is in pretty poor shape and it's a common vertical screen game in that set.

There's also a non-Nintendo LCD in there that I couldn't identify.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

i would take the gun personally..

that thing is bad ass!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$100 a piece, eh?

As awesome as those old handheld LCD Nintendo games are, I can't see paying over $10 for one if it weren't still brand new in the box, wrapped in glistening cellophane. I understand that the collectibility of retro video games keeps the market/supply of them alive as opposed to people just "shit canning" making it next to impossible to find any retro video games, but it still strikes me as a shame sometimes that old children's toys can cost so damn much. I wonder if one day the retro video game "market" will crash like baseball cards did. If it does, at least I will still very much enjoy the toys I paid too much for, which is way more than I can say for my childhood baseball card collection. Speaking of which, anyone wanna trade video games for baseball cards???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
    $100 a piece, eh?

As awesome as those old handheld LCD Nintendo games are, I can't see paying over $10 for one if it weren't still brand new in the box, wrapped in glistening cellophane. I understand that the collectibility of retro video games keeps the market/supply of them alive as opposed to people just "shit canning" making it next to impossible to find any retro video games, but it still strikes me as a shame sometimes that old children's toys can cost so damn much. I wonder if one day the retro video game "market" will crash like baseball cards did. If it does, at least I will still very much enjoy the toys I paid too much for, which is way more than I can say for my childhood baseball card collection. Speaking of which, anyone wanna trade video games for baseball cards???
    The Donkey Kong with the box might fetch $100 if it had the styrofoam, battery compartment was clean, had the battery door and was cosmetically in good shape.

The loose games are worth all of half that.

The reason that Game & Watch LCDs tend to fetch more because they were made by Nintendo and feature IPs and charaters that they continue to use today. Also unlike a lot of the LCD game dreck from that era in the case of most of the Game & Watch brand games, they're highly amusing/playable.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

$100 a piece, eh?

Well i think it just goes with the classic "i'll give you this for this" kinda treat ment. Only we are dealing with actual dollars vs sheep these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Also unlike a lot of the LCD game dreck from that era in the case of most of the Game & Watch brand games, they're highly amusing/playable.
    Aye. I can attest to that fact, Frankie. Once upon a time, I use to have the Nintendo Cement Factory Game, which was pretty damn awesome for a LCD game. Tiger Games, on the other hand, were pretty far from awesome. Of all of my childhood stuff that my father threw thoughtlessly away, I don't mourn the loss of my Tiger handheld electronics all that much.

Oh... I coincidentally ran across this picture of an incredible collection of Nintendo Game & Watches on beforemario.com.

Last edited by treismac; 02-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I too saw that episode the other night. I doubt they thought to check if the LCD screens displayed all the screens without having any missing. I like the experts they have on that show too, particularly the museum guy with the hat, and the gun expert. The hand writing expert is often wrong if you ask me. It may have been the same episode where the guy had a racing tire signed by the late Dale Earnhardt. The signature and how the guy had it signed jived with what I know, because I sent things in for him to sign back in the 90's as well. Cards and a photo, not a tire though!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Aye. I can attest to that fact, Frankie. Once upon a time, I use to have the Nintendo Cement Factory Game, which was pretty damn awesome for a LCD game. Tiger Games, on the other hand, were pretty far from awesome. Of all of my childhood stuff that my father threw thoughtlessly away, I don't mourn the loss of my Tiger handheld electronics all that much.

Oh... I coincidentally ran across this picture of an incredible collection of Nintendo Game & Watches on beforemario.com.

That is indeed a complete Game & Watch collection.

That little yellow one in the Mr. Famicom Disk box (Super Mario Bros. special Famicom Disk Prize Edition) is worth THOUSANDS. Single rarest G&W item.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, that display case photo reminded me that I used to have one of those Popeye tabletop units. That thing was a lot of fun, it's a pity that my childhood self foolishly unloaded it at garage sale.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I somehow was lucky and caught that episode, even though I almost never watch Pawn Stars anymore. I wonder if it'll have any effect on G&W demand/values. But at least they didn't totally overshoot the value like with the Atari and Virtual Boy.