Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New discovery - N64 Grey Turok Rage Wars cart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    I hate assholes that buy a ton of a could be rare item just to flip them at inflated prices. Hope all of you who do this crap are reading, cause you are total fucking piece of shit and a total disgrace to the vintage gaming community, fuck all of you who do this shit!!!!!!
    Same here man, I want to bash the assholes in the face with glass, fucking hoadres

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

. Saw that last one end at 104 and I buckled like a belt.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turok-Rage-W...item2c637602e7
    .Let the hate ensue....
    Atleast I started it at .99$.
    In yo face!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RASK1904 View Post
    . Saw that last one end at 104 and I buckled like a belt.
    Two weeks ago the same thing sold for under $15.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc

This thing is like the Music Machine record, at one point these records used to sell for over $100 but now they're basically worthless. I have one of these that I'm stuck with at the moment. The value on these carts will probably drop in a few years back to reasonable prices, once a bunch more start to turn up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah. It could go either way. Could very well become the holy grail of the N64. And be 450$ in 4 years or something crazy. I realy don't see many vintage videogames going down in prices lately. Lol. But I guess it could fall off and be just like say grey Hydro Thunder or Grey Bass Master 2000.
    Just varients worth the same as the regular colored cart. But who knows.
    In yo face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As someone who's favorite system is the N64 and owns the NTSC N64 library CIB, I've already sold 1 of my 2 copies through forums. And could quite possibly sell the 2nd in the very near future. So that should tell you where I expect the price to go on this one.

It's just hot right now because it got publicity and everyone has to have it. It'll cool off soon enough and people will go back to not caring. You'll also see a wave of people trying to unload their dupes which is already happening. Those BINs will drop, don't worry.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys...I hope everyone remembers me. I've been out of the collecting world for a while now and haven't posted on the site in a couple of years.

N64 was my main focus for a good while. I do have one of the grey NTSC carts. I've had it for a while. I always thought that it was just a cart variation like all the rest. Also, I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here on the site before, at least in a known list of cart color variations. I'm all but certain of it.

At any rate, this month was NOT the first time anyone knew about this...not by a long shot.

I have one...completely authentic...I wouldn't mind selling it at all.
    What?!...Me worry??...HA!!

My Digital Press Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

A local friend of mine claimed to have one in his game store. Sure enough, he has one, and it has EB stickers on it. Here are my thoughts on the N64 grey cart story:

As I longtime N64 collector and owner of a CIB set, I can predict that more than a couple hundred were probably made. Whether or not those additional copies are now just resting in a box with multiple other copies somewhere is for another debate. I am sure that more will surface, now that the price is high. Whether or not the price remains high is another story.

I have never seen a grey cart in person until recently. I have visited countless game stores on the West Coast, but have to admit that at times I was not collecting for the N64 solely so who knows. At the very least this is a rare cart variant, and one with a unique backstory. I also predict that people are going to be hunting for these and selling them, which is fine by me...I missed out on the "120" auction, and a close friend picked me up a copy.

In the end, at least it is a decent title to play, and one that really did not get alot of recognition. It is also nice for the N64 to get some collector attention as well.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    As someone who's favorite system is the N64 and owns the NTSC N64 library CIB, I've already sold 1 of my 2 copies through forums. And could quite possibly sell the 2nd in the very near future. So that should tell you where I expect the price to go on this one.

It's just hot right now because it got publicity and everyone has to have it. It'll cool off soon enough and people will go back to not caring. You'll also see a wave of people trying to unload their dupes which is already happening. Those BINs will drop, don't worry.
    I agree 100%. In 6 months I'd imagine the grey version won't command even half as much as it does today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Two weeks ago the same thing sold for under $15.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc

This thing is like the Music Machine record, at one point these records used to sell for over $100 but now they're basically worthless. I have one of these that I'm stuck with at the moment. The value on these carts will probably drop in a few years back to reasonable prices, once a bunch more start to turn up.
    The music machine record was a joke. The single biggest fallacy in the history of videogame collecting. It had nothing to do with the game. IF the record was part of some set that actually came with the game things might have been different. As it stands the record is fairly common kids record and the game rare as shit.

The price on Turok should fall in the short term as there are a few guys with extras. For long term price (3-5 years out) it all depends on the supply outside of the one big auction. There are others out there but how many?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post

Sold the second one over the weekend. I'm now out of Grays and will possibly buy one back when the hype cools down. And if I never get it back, no big deal, I'm a CIB guy anyway
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madman77 View Post
    Here is an email tracked down from Acclaim in 1999 regarding the bug in Rage Wars. It was, at the least, available by contacting Acclaim for a replacement:

rom: Consolesupport <Consolesupp...@acclaim.com>
    To:
    Subject: Turok Rage Wars:
    Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:34:08 -0500

Thank you for contacting Acclaim's Consumer Service Department.
    Please send your game UPS, Certified mail, or Federal Express
    to the below address and we will replace your game for a new copy.

Consumer Services
    Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
    One Acclaim Plaza
    Glen Cove, NY 11542
    Hotline516)759-7800
    --===--
    I know somebody who has a limited amount of these gray carts and he is talking about putting them on eBay within the next week or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found one of these Gray carts for 10 bucks today. Very happy! It is certainly from someone who actually mailed in for it, because it's age shows. Definitely not from that 120 cartridge box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Edit: off topic.
    Last edited by theclaw; 01-15-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Lum fan.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playa Player

As someone who still frequents the game from time I feel it's my duty to say that some of these collectors are crazy. Just buying something because it's rare or a different color than it should be is redonk. The problem is only collectors are now going to buy the game because of this. This has been one of my favorite games for over 10 years, however am I going to buy a somewhat glitch free game (no one has ever said anything about it fixing the team deathmatch glitch where you don't get a teammate in single player) that still doesn't save to the cartridge like most actual Nintendo games? NNoooo. I have a black copy and my friends don't care about N64 since Call of Duty, Titan Fall, and Halo are extremely more mainstream. I would like a gray copy, however paying x10 the asking price of the original for something that Acclaim insanely dropped the ball on is not going to happen. I could buy Bethesda's entire library of games for that price. To put it simply as a gamer I view it this was 1 medal=$110. Try to spin that any way you want it's a bad deal. I also find it very very verrrrrryyyyyyy difficult to believe that only one person received the vast majority of the variants, and immediately sold them on ebay. If I was a collector or had a gray variant I would of course go along with the story 100%. Just count yourselves lucky there's no online or else chests would be a burstin baby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    As someone who still frequents the game from time I feel it's my duty to say that some of these collectors are crazy. Just buying something because it's rare or a different color than it should be is redonk. The problem is only collectors are now going to buy the game because of this. This has been one of my favorite games for over 10 years, however am I going to buy a somewhat glitch free game (no one has ever said anything about it fixing the team deathmatch glitch where you don't get a teammate in single player) that still doesn't save to the cartridge like most actual Nintendo games? NNoooo. I have a black copy and my friends don't care about N64 since Call of Duty, Titan Fall, and Halo are extremely more mainstream. I would like a gray copy, however paying x10 the asking price of the original for something that Acclaim insanely dropped the ball on is not going to happen. I could buy Bethesda's entire library of games for that price. To put it simply as a gamer I view it this was 1 medal=$110. Try to spin that any way you want it's a bad deal. I also find it very very verrrrrryyyyyyy difficult to believe that only one person received the vast majority of the variants, and immediately sold them on ebay. If I was a collector or had a gray variant I would of course go along with the story 100%. Just count yourselves lucky there's no online or else chests would be a burstin baby.
    In summary: You love this game so much that you want a cheap copy.

Think of it this way. It probably retailed at about $60 new, so you're only playing about double for a copy of a brand new (new old stock) game that is 15 years old.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    In summary: You love this game so much that you want a cheap copy.

Think of it this way. It probably retailed at about $60 new, so you're only playing about double for a copy of a brand new (new old stock) game that is 15 years old.
    I see your point, however I don't buy games when they come out, because I'm a cheap bas**rd. So I would be paying x6 my usual rate. If my game becomes wrecked for some reason, I would probably splurge for a gray cartridge. However my black copy has held out fine for numerous years. Also the skin you unlock for getting the last medal is for the mites, and in my opinion skins in a first person game are a horrible unlock for a first person game. Acclaim dropped not just one, but every ball in play with this game and I will not pay the price for it. (Just like Acclaim apparently didn't pay any testers to beat the game.)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wow dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    I am shocked that I didn't hear anything about this when these carts were recalled. Did anyone here know about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOBJE...59AUAAAAAAAAAA

More info was found here.

http://www.supercheats.com/nintendo6...hen-I-do-a.htm

"I have a question. When I do a 2-player trial with a friend, we never earn the COPPERTIVE award. It's the last medal I need to have all of them. The resaon being we can't get it, everytime we do Frag Tag (also known as Tag the Monkey), it says mission fail. My cousin told me that he'd seen on a site that it's because it's a black game, not a gray one. They also do make Grey ones, but you'll have to send your black* one in to trade for a grey one."

When Akklaim went under I contacted employees and bought rare items including this Turok axe and I still had no idea that this grey cart fix existed.

Dude can i PLEASE buy that turok warclub off of you? Ive been wanting it for years! I Love turok evolution really much. One of my favourite games of all time. So please respond man. Name your price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomite View Post
    Dude can i PLEASE buy that turok warclub off of you? Ive been wanting it for years! I Love turok evolution really much. One of my favourite games of all time. So please respond man. Name your price.
    The Turok axe was sold to a Turok comics collector years ago. Look for the Turok promotional claw in a wooden crate. There were several of those made.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    Same here man, I want to bash the assholes in the face with glass, fucking hoadres
    You think people hoarding Turok carts is bad, try looking for hand sanitizer during a global pandemic, you'll probably go postal