Thread: Yoshi's Island DS "Not for Resale" and Magical Starsign "Property of Nintendo" carts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Amnion-Chorion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yoshi's Island DS "Not for Resale" and Magical Starsign "Property of Nintendo" carts

Hey there,

I recently came across an opportunity to purchase two DS games, possibly demo carts, that I'm trying to get an idea of the value of. They're Yoshi's Island DS and Magical Starsign. The carts and front labels look entirely the same as the standard versions as far as I can tell, but the Yoshi's Island has a sticker on the back reading "NOT FOR RESALE." Magical Starsign, on the other hand, has a sticker simply reading "Property of Nintendo," along with some numbers and I believe a barcode. Neither game came with a case or instructions.

Any one familiar with these items at all? If so, are they worth picking up? I appreciate any info!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Those are both Kiosk demos. There are two versions of the Yoshi's Island and the one for Magical Starsign. They are the standard full game, and those rear stickers are the only difference

By your description, Yoshi's should look like this and was the second release for that demo. The first one has the standard ' sku'd ' sticker
    http://www.nintendemos.com/?id=game&...oshiislanddsv2

I've seen far far fewer of these than the first run of Yoshi's Island in my hunting.

Magical Starsign should look like this and this was the only version released.
    http://www.nintendemos.com/?id=game&...agicalstarsign

Of the two Yoshi's would be in more demand, and both for DS demos are uncommon finds. They are just stickered demos so they aren't quite in as much demand as the true NFR's but those of us who collect these things are often interested in these stickered full demos because they are harder to find than a number of the earlier demos. They are worth picking up if the price is reasonable.

If you're picking them up and flipping them, I'm interested in both as I don't have the version 2 Yoshi's and don't have Magical either.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0) Amnion-Chorion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks so much for the info! The games are the exact versions you linked. They're neat pieces from a collecting standpoint, but since I'm not too invested in them I think I'll take you up on your offer. Check your PM's! Thanks again!