Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Default SFT Nightmare Busters Preorder

Thread title: Preorder is up for anyone who wants to jump on it.

http://www.nightmarebusters.com/

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

about frickin' time.

I highly suggest everyone gets on this, unless you want to shell out $250 within a year when this becomes the next pier solar......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    about frickin' time.

I highly suggest everyone gets on this, unless you want to shell out $250 within a year when this becomes the next pier solar......
    It seems that Super Fighter Team does somewhat regularly run reprints if their stuff is popular enough. Pier Solar has also come down quite a bit in price with the announcement of reprints and the separate soundtrack, there's a BIN for an unopened 2nd printing on eBay right now for only $16 more than the new reprint copies will cost.

Don't get me wrong, this stuff will certainly be hard to get in a few years, but in the short term I'm not in a hurry to preorder but will try to get one from the 2nd batch when it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have two questions for Brandon Cobb before I put down $68 for this game (whether first or 2nd batch)

NB is one of those games where you take all these cheap, unavoidable hits. Your character is pretty big, and from memory of when I played it in 2010, he's not the most nimble sucker in the gaming world. Lot of cheap enemy hits raining down. It's rock hard. There's also no option for a turbo button. You have to constantly tap-tap-tap. Unless you use a special controller, it's just more frustrating than it is fun. Hopefully they will add in a turbo option in the finished product, as well as including an "easy" option for those who actually want to enjoy the experience.

To the game's credit, it's got some decent visuals, some big bad bosses and a 2 player mode. Just need to fix that cheap difficulty of endless unavoidable hits. A turbo option would be nice too.

1. Will SFT tweak the difficulty to be more manageable? i.e. an "easy" mode, normal and hard?
    2. Will SFT add in a turbo option so players have the choice right off the bat?

If they fix these two things, I will heavily considering plopping down $68 for it. If they don't, I probably won't.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!