Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Video Released

As a player of the original, I think this looks great!

http://rpgsite.net/news/1080/phan%C2...2%ADealed.html

I am also loving how parts of the music sound familiar to the original.

The PSO-World forums honestly have 30+ pages talking about the character's spines/posture as seen in the screenshots. Of all things to talk about...spines?

I am sure I am not the only one on this site who has been eagerly awaiting news on PSO2...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The video looks really cool! I'd be interested, if they didn't charge over $5 a month to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    The video looks really cool! I'd be interested, if they didn't charge over $5 a month to play.
    I doubt it will be free sega did charge for the original afther all.Yeah i know psz and psp2 were free but those were on handhelds.Still i'm just annoyed by the fact that pso2 will be pc only.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'd buy it if it makes its way to consoles and you can play P2P or single and multiplayer on the same console. I've never liked MMOs because of the monthly fees and regardless how interested in the game I am it's not going to change.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am actually hoping that it will stay PC only. I don't know how well console+PC MMORPGs have worked in the past, and I am not optimistic that the experience on console would be equivalent to that of PC. Also I am fairly certain it is a lot easier to manage hotfixes/patches/updates thru the PC only route than it is if it was to be released on console as well.

My experience with MMOs and subscriptions/free to play is that you get what you pay for, and I would rather spend money and get a great, deserving game than to get mediocrity that is free to play. I firmly believe that one of the reasons WoW is so successful (among a myriad of other reasons) is because they have the ability to constantly provide updates and content to their players, and they can do this because of the money constantly generated by subscriptions.

I think that SEGA has a huge playerbase waiting for this game, it is just up to them to do it right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope that they don't screw it up like PSU. From what I heard from my brother, PSZero was a step in the right direction.

As long as you can actually find rare items again and not have to mess with synthesizing... and no unlocking content (that was pure BS).

I'm pretty optimistic judging from the video.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Phantasy Star Online was originally a console game and ported to the PC a year later, so why should it "stay on PC." It doesn't even play anything like a standard MMO. It should be multiconsole. The way PSO played using the right trigger to swap between your abilities worked well on both the Dreamcast and the Gamecube. If they released it on the PS3 and 360, they could put it like R1/R2/L1/and L2 as hot key swaps with the face buttons as your choice of skills, much like how Sacred 2 did it(minus L1.)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    I hope that they don't screw it up like PSU. From what I heard from my brother, PSZero was a step in the right direction.

As long as you can actually find rare items again and not have to mess with synthesizing... and no unlocking content (that was pure BS).
    If you own a PSP, PSP2 is the best version of PSU. There is no longer any synthesizing. They brought back the ability to hit the attack button again at the right moment for a more powerful attack, though I'd have liked it better if it was like PSO and required to even continue the attack. Though the bad thing about the entire PSU series, and this includes PSP2 is that the Force class is complete garbage. Every version of every spell is the same aside from the element, whether you case Foie, Barta, all other elemental versions, it's practically the same attack. Same with the more powerful versions. Add to the fact magic is awful in this game and you are more than likely you're going to be doing far less damage as a Force than the rest of your allies regardless of class. If you don't mind playing as a Hunter or Ranger though you'll probably enjoy the game.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-24-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Nice! Has it already been 10 years since I connected via AT&T WorldNet and killed that dragon? Man... I feel old.
    Looks pretty cool so far; I like the new gameplay tweaks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Phantasy Star Online 2

The good, atleast for those that don't like playing games on PC. Phantasy Star Online 2 is also coming to the Vita. The bad. Instead of having both offline and server side characters for online, it's online only.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/09...says-producer/

Also more Phantasy Star announcements. I'd like to see the PS2 remakes get ported to the Vita as a new collection. Only way we'd see officially localized otherwise. Either that or a new game. Just please don't screw it up, Sega.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-10-2012 at 03:28 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would play this on Vita, but it would be nice to download the client on Windows as well. I'm wondering what business model they're going to pursue.

My big question right now is whether it supports 3G. I'd almost never get the chance to use it, but it would be a neat option.

Then again, I'm a bit confused on why they're porting a server-bound game to a handheld that isn't always connected. If it's a free download, then I can understand, but it seems odd if it's a retail game card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good i'm glad they are storing characters server side, maybe that will mean the game won't be full of nothing but cheaters and hacks like previous versions.

I'll support this game regardless as I cherish the series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Last edited by BHvrd; 04-08-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default SEA Phantasy Star Online 2 Launch May 29th (english version)

Don't blame me if they decide to do an IP block or something, which I believe they are going to, but just a heads up regardless

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/
    Last edited by BHvrd; 05-17-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Phantasy Star Online 2 finally get's a u.s release.

Great that it's coming officially coming to the u.s but the catch is only for pc and xbox
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T93SUy5fFFU

I use to play allot of pso on dreamcast and gamecube for countless hours.Still for the sequel i don't have a xbox and my computer is very old by this point,i don't know if it could even run the game.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Well it took almost ten years, but we finally have an answer: Phantasy Star Online 2 will at last be released in North America during spring 2020. Unfortunately, this must have been a deal with the devil (Microsoft) for some cash-ola, as PSO2 will be an Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive here, meaning no playing it on the many other consoles it was released for in Japan nor older copies of Windows, not even Windows 8.1, which also means that it is not for older PC's which are perfectly capable of playing the Japanese game and have been for... eight years now.

"Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced for the West once again, this time for the Xbox One and PC. The game will release in Spring 2020.

The game is set to be free-to-play like all other versions, and will have all story content up until now. Additionally, cross-play has been confirmed.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming West on the Xbox One and PC in Spring 2020. The game is available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, and PC in Japan."

Source: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/0...ent-up-to-now/

P.S. I also merged the four different PSO2 threads from over the years into this one mega-thread.
    Last edited by Nz17; 06-11-2019 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'll eventually play it on PC now that I don't have to jump through hoops. Would play it day one if it released on PS4 because I'm not buying an XBO. Let's hope it's only timed exclusive. I can't expect Microsoft would pay that much for full exclusivity of an online only free to play title, maybe Sega will see how profitable it is from digital purchases on the XBO and consider the PS4 having the 96m user base might help make that decision to port it once the contract ends that much easier.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-11-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Monster Hunter Frontier was exclusive to the 360, but was released only in Japan, sadly. I don't mind it being exclusive to Xbox but with all the free-to-play MMO's out on Xbox already I do wonder how well PSO will fare.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'll eventually play it on PC now that I don't have to jump through hoops. Would play it day one if it released on PS4 because I'm not buying an XBO. Let's hope it's only timed exclusive. I can't expect Microsoft would pay that much for full exclusivity of an online only free to play title, maybe Sega will see how profitable it is from digital purchases on the XBO and consider the PS4 having the 96m user base might help make that decision to port it once the contract ends that much easier.
    PSO2 had it's release for PS4 years ago for japan but sega rather keep it japanese exclusive,go figure.I don't know,unless sega is gonna judge the sales of the xbox&pc version before giving the PS4 version a chance.Still phil spencer over at microsoft has been quoted he's wants PSO2 on every thing so who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    PSO2 had it's release for PS4 years ago for japan but sega rather keep it japanese exclusive,go figure.I don't know,unless sega is gonna judge the sales of the xbox&pc version before giving the PS4 version a chance.Still phil spencer over at microsoft has been quoted he's wants PSO2 on every thing so who knows.
    I recently saw this article and he stated that it's going to end up on all consoles, that they wanted to have Sega on the MS stage, so it's actually a timed exclusive. Should be on the PS4 and Switch within six months to a year then.