Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phantasy Star Online 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Last edited by BHvrd; 04-08-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default SEA Phantasy Star Online 2 Launch May 29th (english version)

Don't blame me if they decide to do an IP block or something, which I believe they are going to, but just a heads up regardless

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/
    Last edited by BHvrd; 05-17-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Phantasy Star Online 2 finally get's a u.s release.

Great that it's coming officially coming to the u.s but the catch is only for pc and xbox
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T93SUy5fFFU

I use to play allot of pso on dreamcast and gamecube for countless hours.Still for the sequel i don't have a xbox and my computer is very old by this point,i don't know if it could even run the game.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Well it took almost ten years, but we finally have an answer: Phantasy Star Online 2 will at last be released in North America during spring 2020. Unfortunately, this must have been a deal with the devil (Microsoft) for some cash-ola, as PSO2 will be an Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive here, meaning no playing it on the many other consoles it was released for in Japan nor older copies of Windows, not even Windows 8.1, which also means that it is not for older PC's which are perfectly capable of playing the Japanese game and have been for... eight years now.

"Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced for the West once again, this time for the Xbox One and PC. The game will release in Spring 2020.

The game is set to be free-to-play like all other versions, and will have all story content up until now. Additionally, cross-play has been confirmed.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming West on the Xbox One and PC in Spring 2020. The game is available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, and PC in Japan."

Source: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/0...ent-up-to-now/

P.S. I also merged the four different PSO2 threads from over the years into this one mega-thread.
    Last edited by Nz17; 06-11-2019 at 02:25 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'll eventually play it on PC now that I don't have to jump through hoops. Would play it day one if it released on PS4 because I'm not buying an XBO. Let's hope it's only timed exclusive. I can't expect Microsoft would pay that much for full exclusivity of an online only free to play title, maybe Sega will see how profitable it is from digital purchases on the XBO and consider the PS4 having the 96m user base might help make that decision to port it once the contract ends that much easier.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-11-2019 at 04:30 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Monster Hunter Frontier was exclusive to the 360, but was released only in Japan, sadly. I don't mind it being exclusive to Xbox but with all the free-to-play MMO's out on Xbox already I do wonder how well PSO will fare.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'll eventually play it on PC now that I don't have to jump through hoops. Would play it day one if it released on PS4 because I'm not buying an XBO. Let's hope it's only timed exclusive. I can't expect Microsoft would pay that much for full exclusivity of an online only free to play title, maybe Sega will see how profitable it is from digital purchases on the XBO and consider the PS4 having the 96m user base might help make that decision to port it once the contract ends that much easier.
    PSO2 had it's release for PS4 years ago for japan but sega rather keep it japanese exclusive,go figure.I don't know,unless sega is gonna judge the sales of the xbox&pc version before giving the PS4 version a chance.Still phil spencer over at microsoft has been quoted he's wants PSO2 on every thing so who knows.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    PSO2 had it's release for PS4 years ago for japan but sega rather keep it japanese exclusive,go figure.I don't know,unless sega is gonna judge the sales of the xbox&pc version before giving the PS4 version a chance.Still phil spencer over at microsoft has been quoted he's wants PSO2 on every thing so who knows.
    I recently saw this article and he stated that it's going to end up on all consoles, that they wanted to have Sega on the MS stage, so it's actually a timed exclusive. Should be on the PS4 and Switch within six months to a year then.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.