Hey, everyone. I was recently scammed into getting a malfunctioning SNES 2 and SEGA CD model 1 console that I was told would function. Instead of giving up and reselling them for chump change, I aim to fix them.

I ask, then: can you identify the exact problems I have and instruct me on how to fix them? it would be rather appreciated.

SEGA CD:

The BIOS boots up fine. it tells me to put in a disc and press start. However, it seems the tray mechanism is busted. I can pull it open from the sides and close it with no problem, but it is loose and does not actually read discs because it is never given the chance. Is there any way to fix this (and what would it cost to do so?)

SNES 2:

My SNES 2 Works great...except there's no sound. Well, there's sound, but it's just a loud buzzing that increases and wanes with the total volume of sound the SNES is putting out. I tried this with 4 games it came with (super punchout, frogger, pacman, kirby's avalanche) and all of them do the same thing.

Also, I can live with it, but if the system shakes or the cart tilts, the thing shuts down/resets.

Any way to fix these problems (affordably, preferrably?)

I really hope I can fix these, because I'd really hate to throw away two consoles that look fine on the outside because I couldn't take the time to fix minor issues within.

That, and I can't get my money back from the seller, so I want t o MAKE the lot work out.

Any help would be much appreciated. if videos or pictures are necessary I can supply them.