Thread: Claw... does anyone else love this game as much as me?

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Default Claw... does anyone else love this game as much as me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	claw.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	4657

Claw... does anyone else love this game as much as me? I played the HELL out of this game... It might be my favorite platformer of all time! The weapons were awesome, the stupid dog baddies were funny, and the collecting, teleporting, and acid pits weren't bad either! Plus the make your own stage feature makes this game unforgettable. If you haven't heard of this game then get it dude!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've been meaning to play this game forever. I even have two legitimate physical copies of it on hand for some reason.

A Monolith product, if you're wondering: the folks who made Blood, No One Lives Forever, and Tron 2.0. (Why the heck haven't their products shown up on GOG or Steam yet?)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Y'know, I played the Claw demo a lot as a kid and loved it, and now that I'm older I tracked down a cough*notsolegitimate*cough copy. The game is just a fun as I remember it, but I've found that the later levels in the game are crazy hard and I ended up giving up... I should really get back to it and give it another go. I dunno, maybe I'm not that good of a gamer. Other than the difficulty I really like this game; it has a fluid controls and gameplay, vibrant graphics, and pretty decent voice acting.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Y'know, I played the Claw demo a lot as a kid and loved it, and now that I'm older I tracked down a cough*notsolegitimate*cough copy. The game is just a fun as I remember it, but I've found that the later levels in the game are crazy hard and I ended up giving up... I should really get back to it and give it another go. I dunno, maybe I'm not that good of a gamer. Other than the difficulty I really like this game; it has a fluid controls and gameplay, vibrant graphics, and pretty decent voice acting.
    Your not the only one who had trouble with this game, I played it all the time when I was around 8 years old and I never completed it. Thank god I had my brother helping me out... oh how the tables have turned, he used to be the good player helping me out, but now I explain everything to him and even when he thinks he gets it, he can never beat me at any game anymore I'm surprised I have a legitimate copy considering most of my computer games were copies... That reminds me of the don't copy that floppy rap... if you don't know what I'm talking about there's a recent forum about it, and it's pretty hilarious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I've been meaning to play this game forever. I even have two legitimate physical copies of it on hand for some reason.

A Monolith product, if you're wondering: the folks who made Blood, No One Lives Forever, and Tron 2.0. (Why the heck haven't their products shown up on GOG or Steam yet?)
    Wow, Monolith should have more recognition then they have been given.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blood 1 + Addon packs
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/one_unit_whole_blood

Blood 2 + Expansion
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/blood_2_...osen_expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Touche. But what about their other games?

The only reason I can think of might be because Blood 1 and 2 are both DOS games that can thus easily be run on modern systems using DOSBox, whereas everything else was Windows-based.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

The only reason I can think of might be because Blood 1 and 2 are both DOS games that can thus easily be run on modern systems using DOSBox, whereas everything else was Windows-based.
    Shogo is also available at GOG.

Presumably, The Operative: No One Lives Forever, the sequel, and Contract J.A.C.K. (the spinoff) are stuck in limbo due to them being published by Sierra and possibly lost in the Vivendi sellout. And Aliens Vs Predator 2 and Tron 2.0 are likely stuck in lawyer hell due to them being sorta movie tie-ins.

I have no idea why Claw isn't available anywhere. The demand is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blood 2 is windows, it was released in 98. It would be awesome to see No One Lives Forever re-released!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Shogo is also available at GOG.

Presumably, The Operative: No One Lives Forever, the sequel, and Contract J.A.C.K. (the spinoff) are stuck in limbo due to them being published by Sierra and possibly lost in the Vivendi sellout. And Aliens Vs Predator 2 and Tron 2.0 are likely stuck in lawyer hell due to them being sorta movie tie-ins.

I have no idea why Claw isn't available anywhere. The demand is there.
    AvsP 1 is available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/37..._7_suggest__13

It would be awesome to have AvsP2 though. Man that game was so much fun multiplayer.
    Last edited by Thraka; 04-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shriek of the Mutilated's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my favorite PC platformers. I love the detailed, colorful graphics, the collect-a-thon mechanics, the challenging level design and, of course, the speech samples ("Well, I'm no longer among the living."). The only thing that truly annoyed me about the game was the enormous distance between the very last checkpoint and the final boss. This is where things went from challenging to plain irritating, in my opinion.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Years and years ago I purchased a new computer and with it came a disc for this game. I'm not sure if the disc was a demo or the full game as I've never played it.

I should look it up on YouTube and see how it plays.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"