Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Default Vita Collection Thread

For the sake of getting an earlier start on this - I figured we might as well start tracking Vita releases now so no one has to waste valuable time digging around months (or years) from now...

Just tracking any and all North American retail releases. Feel free to chime in with any variants/releases you spot not on this list.

AS OF 9/26/2013

Army Corps of Hell
    Asphalt: Injection
    Assassin's Creed III Liberation
    Ben 10: Galactic Racing
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
    Dead or Alive 5 Plus
    Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    DJMax Technika Tune
    Dragon's Crown
    Dungeon Hunter Alliance
    Dynasty Warriors NEXT
    F1 2011
    FIFA Soccer
    FIFA Soccer 13
    FIFA 14
    Gravity Rush
    Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
    Jak and Daxter Collection
    Killzone Mercenary
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
    LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
    LEGO Lord of the Rings
    Little Deviants
    Lumines Electronic Symphony
    Madden NFL 13
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    Muramasa Rebirth
    MLB 12: The Show
    MLB 13: The Show
    Michael Jackson: The Experience HD
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Mortal Kombat
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
    Persona 4 Golden
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Ragnarok Odyssey
    Rayman Legends
    Rayman Origins
    Reality Fighters
    Resistance: Burning Skies
    Ridge Racer
    Shinobido 2: The Revenge of Zen
    Silent Hill: Book of Memories
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    Smart as...
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Soul Sacrifice
    Spy Hunter
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
    Supremacy MMA Unrestricted
    The Walking Dead
    Touch My Katamari
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Unit 13
    Virtual Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
    Wipeout 2048
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

TOTAL: 63

Other Editions/Releases:
    DJMax Technika Tune Limited Edition
    Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Edition
    Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Edition
    Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition
    Last edited by DOAsaturn; 09-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

I didn't collect PSP that much - but I imagine it was easier to track PSP releases than DS - with all the random shovelware and low-budget stuff that came out for the DS. Maybe a PSP collector can chime in on this.

As for now - any ambitious gamers get all the launch titles for Vita? I only have FIFA and Uncharted - but there are about a dozen that would be worth owning right off the bat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Updated today after a long wait and worth a bump

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

And a huge 6 additional games are in the pipeline right now. Feels very much like dead system walking.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's pretty much 50 games in a year. That to me is not bad for the first year. It's supposed to be a 10 year system, if that's the case at this rate in 10 years there will be 500 games. That's assuming that it continues at this rate. Which it won't - the sales will increase as time goes by. Even if it only lasted 5 years at this rate there would still be 250 games to enjoy. That seems like plenty to me - more then I could ever hope to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Most of them are ports available elsewhere or received a lukewarm release at best. Getting stuff out there tailored for the Vita that people actually want to play is an area they're definitely failing at so far. And the upcoming release schedule is even more depressing.

Going to take a big effort from Sony if they're going to get this ship righted and heading in the right direction. If E3 2013 is a bust, I think this thing will see more PSP/PSOne downloads being played by me in the future on it than actual Vita software.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-20-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Yeah, I suppose we could see the Vita be a sorta "half-supported" system, maybe somewhat of spiritual successor to the Xperia Play idea or something...problem is if it's just going to play PSP/PSone ports, then it better do something else with them (trophies/HD updates/multiplayer) to make them worthwhile on the Vita as opposed to just the PSP. If somehow they could get PS2 games on this thing, that would help.

I don't think the Vita's game catalog is that awful. To be sure, the 3DS released 92 games by the end of its launch year. Vita at 48 (well either 49 or 50 after the new Sonic Racing game and that music game that might come out) is definitely lagging behind, but if you consider "quality" games, it's probably a little closer. I'm just talking games, ports or original, that hold some value to the user (and aren't complete crap). There are very few POOR games in the Vita catalog compared to the first year of the 3DS. I'd say after one year, the 3DS had about 50 or so games, maybe 60 if stretched, you could say were quality enough to be worth the purchase for some people. The Vita has close to 40 that are, at worst, "not bad". It's one way to look at it, I guess. Definitely doesn't mean Vita is on track or in the clear by any means whatsoever.

Now that's just retail. Digital games are another matter too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

I think it's also worth noting that the 3DS only will have around 70 games in the 2012 calendar year. I'm not sure what to attribute the stepdown in retail releases this year for the 3DS - a year that was two months longer than 2011 for the console. I don't know when the shovelware hit the scene so hard for the DS, but the same type of explosion hasn't quite hit the market for the 3DS yet...maybe Nintendo has a different plan this time around...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only games that interest me on the Vita right now are Hot Shots Golf and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Hopefully a Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, or something original from one of Sony's first party studios will make it out soon?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gran Turismo barely made it out on the PSP and when it finally did it had several major flaws including the lack of a career mode (The heart and soul of any GT game) and the lack of car opponents (I forget exactly, but you only race against a car or two so it barely even qualifys as a race). Combined with the PSP's analog nub and it was a severe disappointment.

And GT5 still seems like even after all this time to be a work in progress despite many years of development, a paid demo release, and a significant amount of time having passed since its final release.

So I don't hold out much hope for a true Vita entry unless drastic steps are taken at Polphony to get them back on track. But at least GTPSP is compatible and you have a decent analog stick now instead of that awful nub. So at least that's something.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Something I'm not sure if you want to add to the list or not, but Persona 4 Golden also has a limited edition variant that was available through gamestop. I got one coming in next week.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    Something I'm not sure if you want to add to the list or not, but Persona 4 Golden also has a limited edition variant that was available through gamestop. I got one coming in next week.
    Amazon had it too and it was supposedly limited to 10,000 copies. Ragnarok Odyssey also had a Mercenary Edition and DJ Max Techika is finally shipping on or before the 30th of November and will have both a standard retail edition and the Limited Edition which is 1,000 units.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Amazon had it too and it was supposedly limited to 10,000 copies. Ragnarok Odyssey also had a Mercenary Edition and DJ Max Techika is finally shipping on or before the 30th of November and will have both a standard retail edition and the Limited Edition which is 1,000 units.
    Noted. I'll add these to the list - though I'm waiting on Technika to see if it actually makes its date this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should list the games by release date. I'm doing a project right now where I'm trying to find correct release dates for Genesis games released in 1989 and 1990, and let me tell you... it's a bitch to try to find accurate release dates. So if you're going to save a list for somebody searching 20 years from now, might as well have accurate release dates for the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The VITA needs Crash Bandicoot. It would be perfect for the handheld.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Gran Turismo barely made it out on the PSP and when it finally did it had several major flaws including the lack of a career mode (The heart and soul of any GT game) and the lack of car opponents (I forget exactly, but you only race against a car or two so it barely even qualifys as a race). Combined with the PSP's analog nub and it was a severe disappointment.

And GT5 still seems like even after all this time to be a work in progress despite many years of development, a paid demo release, and a significant amount of time having passed since its final release.

So I don't hold out much hope for a true Vita entry unless drastic steps are taken at Polphony to get them back on track. But at least GTPSP is compatible and you have a decent analog stick now instead of that awful nub. So at least that's something.
    I think the reason why GT5 and GT for PSP didn't live up to expectations was because Polyphony was working on both games at the same time and resources were being stretched too thin. Hopefully they'll release a GT game for Vita and PS4, but focus on one game at a time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Updated today after five new titles in four or five months...

I tell you, it is somewhat tempting to go after a Vita set as I just don't think physical releases will really pick up for the handheld. It may turn out to be a great success as, essentially, a handheld PS4 later this fall, but the release calendar for dedicated Vita games this year is so thin right now. The size of the catalog may be somewhat akin to the Turbografx when all is said and done.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Gawd damn DJ Max. I've never seen a copy anywhere. New copies from 79 bucks and the LE's are really not cheap. :/
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here is my top 17 from that list. (Vita has many games that are download only that aren't represented in this list)

1. Fifa Soccer
    2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
    3. Wipeout 2048
    4. Rayman Origins
    5. Vitual Tennis 4: World Tour Edtiion
    6. Uncharted Golden Abyss
    7. Gravity Rush
    8. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    9. Assassin's Creed III Liberation
    10. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
    11. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    12. Unit 13
    13. Madden NFL 13
    14. Mortal Kombat
    15. Smart As
    16. Resistance: Burning Skies
    17. MLB 12: The Show

I can recommend every single one of those games above, for the right price. If you can't stand sports games, then the Vita certainly doesn't have as much appeal. Fifa is easily the best portable sports game EVER. I'm serious about that. I don't think you'll find a better portable sports game anywhere. Virtua Tennis is a suprisingly impressive game. Yeah, it's a tennis game, but it's a DAMN good tennis game. Sersiously. Hot Shots Golf, is of course Golf. Some people have zero interest in golf games. I understand that. I'm not a huge golf guy by any standard, but this particular game just is such a fantastic piece of software on the Vita. It's a true pleasure to play. So, instantly playable in quick bursts, which is perfect for a portable.

There are also people out there that have zero interest in racing games. If so, they are missing out on one of the most visually stunning games on the Vita itself. Wipeout 2048. Wipeout has amazing music and audio, and sensational visuals. Near PS3 quality at times.

Yes, the load times are harsh, but you just have to stick with one track, and keep hitting the refresh when the race is over, until you nail that track. Then the loading times aren't as bad. If you're switching to other tracks, the loading times can be very harsh. Still, it's such a good game overall. Need for Speed Most Wanted and Sonic Racing are two more high quality racing games for the Vita.

I can easily see somebody that has zero interest in sports, and doesn't like racing games, not being all that interested in a Vita. I mean, there is Rayman Origins of course. Have you seen this game running on the nice OLED screen ? That thing looks sweet! Uncharted Golden Abyss isn't the most ideal Uncharted game that I've played, but it's still an amazing experience on a handheld. Gravity Rush is a unique game that has a certain feel all it's own. Assassin's Creed is a flawed game, but also somewhat amazing for a handheld.

Plus, just think about all the digital only Vita games..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Portable NHL 14 would save the vita! 30 million copies would be sold in canada!