0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Default Last PSP & DS Games

I thought it would be interesting to amass a list of the games released/planned for the PSP and DS, post 3DS and Vita. In the past I've seen Nintendo quickly phase out their old systems (N64, GC) and at times choose to slowly transition to new hardware (GBA to DS). On the other hand, Sony is infamous for supporting their dated systems for lengthy periods--though this is the first instance where they'll be moving on to a new handheld.

I'll update this post once I've compiled a thorough list of games.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are you using Allgame to do your search?

Upcoming releases:
    http://www.allgame.com/upcomingrelea...t=platform_asc

Future releases:
    http://www.allgame.com/futurerelease...t=platform_asc

Looks like the PSP still has support until September, while DS has support until August. Of course, new games will continue to be announced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

The difference with the PSP is that momentum slowed far before the Vita's release, whereas the PS2 was still going strong by the time the PS3 hit and still had a few A titles even after the fact. PSP is a great little console - but it never gained widespread acceptance as a handheld. Towards the end, the best games for the PSP were niche RPGs that were more fitting of long hours spent on the couch rather than a quick play on a bus or work break.

As for the DS, it will get a slower phase out. The DS, like the Wii, gained acceptance as a casual gaming platform and there will still be shovelware-esque titles pumped out for it (though it has slowed from the breakneck pace it once was on). I don't think the 3DS will quite get up to where the DS was, with sometimes dozens of software titles (I hesitate to label them all "games") being released in a single week. I know a list of all the releases was being tracked on here, but they lost track in the past year. I don't blame them, I'd have gotten DS-tracking fatigue too at some point.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The PSP may have slowed down in North America, but it's still a big seller in Japan.

I believe it has at least another year of support in the West, and with over 65 million units sold, it may last longer than that in Japan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've noticed the PSP stuff showing up more frequently around here used. I'm guessing that since the Vita doesn't have backwards compatibility for the UMDs, the prices will drop pretty fast and free. On the flip side the 3DS can still play DS games, so there's no reason for people to dump them.