Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doom 64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Judging by the three sequels it got, I would say there were plenty of N64 owners that didn't hate Turok.
    I would have been all over a sequel to Doom 64, personally, but then I would have loved a sequel to Disruptor as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by T2KFreeker View Post
    I would agree, but DOOM 64 was earlier in the consoles life than GoldenEye 007. Plus, what else was there at the time? Hexen? Blah. And sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here too, but I hated Turok. It was terrible. Just seems that DOOM was a more solid title.
    Hexen 64's a good port, really, but it is just a port. That's probably the biggest issue, it's a port, and like all the console ports of Hexen, doesn't include the expansion pack either, even though I believe all three versions were released after the expansion was for PC. Huh. Also, the save file is far too large (though Turok 2's is just as big, and without Hexen 64's excuse of it being because the game has save anywhere; Turok 2 has save points, very far apart save points). But Hexen 64's not a bad game, if you like Hexen... and it does have four player multiplayer, as I said, while Doom 64 and Turok 1, two other 1997 N64 FPSes, were one player only (and Quake 1, the next year, only two player max. Goldeneye and 1998's Turok 2 were four player though too of course).

Despite that, I would put Doom 64 above Hexen 64, because it's all new, the new content is great, and the graphics engine is probably better. Both are good games though. As for Turok, Turok 1's a very good game. All of the N64 Turoks are great games, though. Turok 2's probably my least favorite of them because i find it too hard (it's quite ambitious, but so difficult, and I'm far from great at FPSes...), but it's a great series on the platform. Turok 3, on the other hand, is probably my favorite one of the four.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 03-18-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish someone had brought Hexen II to a home console. The Dreamcast would have been a good fit. It would have been nice if Hexen had gotten the same treatment on the N64 that doom did. That would have been awesome.