View Poll Results: Have you ever heard of The Power Team NES cartoon before today?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeyup.

15 53.57%
  • Nope.

13 46.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've acquired 31 episodes of "The Power Team", the rare Acclaim NES cartoon from 1990

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    Gamesmaster (British Video game based gameshow, complete)
    Video Games Vol.2 (Featuring Night Trap the movie, rare commercials, japanese promos for unreleased games, etc.)
    StarCade (Complete)
    Tetris: From Russia with love rare documentary
    Salamander Anime (RARE anime based on the Salamander/Gradius series)
    These sound of theoretical interest to me. Well, so does the Supercade stuff but I'm really hoping WB Archive gets to releasing that already.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    These sound of theoretical interest to me. Well, so does the Supercade stuff but I'm really hoping WB Archive gets to releasing that already.
    PM me.....and dont hold your breath on Supercade, its NEVER happening. Too much licensing garbage it wont be worth it to them. Plus each episode is an hour long so it would end up being like a 12 disc boxset.

I have Every episode of Donkey Kong and DK Junior from Supercade. Thought to be lost until some dude a few years ago found every episode on film reels at a flea market and had them transferred, pretty much the best quality that will ever be available and the only complete portion of Supercade.

....and at StillGaming....are you StillHere? or did you come make this one post to make us drool over the thought of possibly getting these episodes from you?
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 03-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to the top.....Come back StillGaming!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You have the non-cartoon segments as well, right? I'd be REALLY interested in the parts where Johnny Arcade goes to CES, iF you have those. Please tell me you do...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shicky256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait. Isn't this that show where the people stuck NES carts to themselves with velcro?

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    PM me.....and dont hold your breath on Supercade, its NEVER happening. Too much licensing garbage it wont be worth it to them.
    You never know. There were tons of old cartoons that I would have assumed were lost to memory and backwater fansites from 1998 yet a bunch have made their way to DVD (I love Shout! Factory), including ones I would have guessed were totally improbable like Captain N.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StillGaming View Post
    I managed to get 33 episodes of Video Power, where host 'Johnny Arcade' reviews video games and gives out strategies at the beginning and end of each episode. The meat of each episode, however, is dedicated to a cartoon about a group known as "The Power Team", a group of licensed characters from NES games that battle Mr. Big from NARC and other various baddies.

Some episodes didn't have the cartoon. However, I can confirm that, of The Power Team, I have episodes 1-9, 11-20, and 22-33. That's 31 episodes of cornball action starring a tomato, a basketball player, Fabio, a narcotics cop, and BIGFOOT the Monster Truck. I wish I could make a team like that up.

I've heard rumors that 55 episodes were produced of this cartoon. However, Video Power had only 65 episodes in its entire run, and those that know about the show also know that in Season 2, the show had a drastic format change, going to a 'game show' format with no cartoons. My theory is that Season One had 33 episodes (and 33 Power Teams), and Season Two was 32 episodes. The final part of that theory is a shocking conclusion that the final 22 episodes produced were never broadcast.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, as I actually never got to watch Season One as a child. They syndicated only Season Two where I used to live around Jacksonville, FL, but on one single occasion I think they showed an episode of season one, introducing me to The Power Team. I thought back then, "This crap sucks! It's just a cheap, lame Captain N ripoff!" Yeah, well, I think today it's a show that's so bad that it's fun. Most importantly, it's a piece of classic video game history that's incredibly rare.

I know people have been looking for this cartoon for a while. It was long thought lost and many thought it simply didn't exist. I'll try to make them readily available in some fashion sometime in April because these do need to be digitally preserved and viewed by anyone that's been wanting to see it as well as other curious gamers, especially after being forgotten for over two decades. I'd do it this month, but I have a certain ISP that has pathetic bandwidth limitations.

In the meantime, here's an episode I uploaded to YouTube. I also have Episode 1 and 11 up, located on channel StillGaming2.
    Is that you Lee? I love your show. I hope you make some more "Still Gaming" episodes at some point.

(btw, I saw Dena's most recent review of Catwoman and thought it was pretty good.)
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All 33 episodes are now publicly available. I don't think I'm necessarily allowed to link to where it is, but it is definitely on a major public distribution site.

Yeah, it's Lee. I announced in my previous video, a review of XBLA title Arkedo Swap, that I had serious nerve damage but that it was going to be under control, but what happened afterwards was a huge kick to the balls. My insurance denied my 13th and final nerve block that I was scheduled to have a few days after that video came out. It took almost two months for them to approve it, else it would've cost $6500. I finally got a radiofrequency nerve block in February, and am still in the process of recovering. Some unforeseen side-effects from years back returned last week that may or may not be related to the nerve damage, but some medication has it mostly under control and I should hopefully be able to resume full production this month. I'll try to make a VLOG explaining my long absence soon. I really wish I could've done it sooner, but to be honest, everything just went to total hell almost 30 full months ago and I'm only just now starting to get back to normal.

Thanks for the support on that Catwoman review! Part 2 should hopefully be coming in a few weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know how to use torrents and that crap.....do you have hardcopy dvd-rs you could trade? as previously mentioned I have a shit ton of programming, rare cartoons, gaming related stuff, etc......over 800 individual series to choose from, all of which have never been released to dvd or vhs even....please, please pm me!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do have the 10 DVD set that can be copied and mailed out if I absolutely have to, and would be willing to do trades for them if I see something I need. I'm only willing to do trades once or twice maximum. To do more, I'll make exceptions for memorabilia from the video game Psychonauts or some deal involving that Netherworld All-Stars Poster that had Disgaea characters on it. I know there's some rare anime and cartoons out there that aren't readily available via torrent or whatever that I'd also likely be interested in. I won't be selling the DVDs. I've already had to do a lot of tedious work getting this stuff online and don't really want to do much more with it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

Quote Originally Posted by BomberHead View Post
    Yeah. I was addicted to this show as a kid. Watched every moment of it. If i remember correctly. there was a 2nd show that was related to this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oygIaaHKHhQ

100% of both of these shows however was to advertise to us soft brained children.

if you somehow are able to host these videos i would be more than happy to mirror them or seed.
    They used a Miracle Piano in that intro. That makes me happy.

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks op for bringing back some memories.