Thread: Seattle Retro Gaming Expo - June 16-17 - Bellevue Red Lion

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Seattle Retro Gaming Expo - June 16-17 - Bellevue Red Lion

So who all is going to the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo this year? It's going to be June 16 & 17 at the Bellevue Red Lion and sounds to be a lot bigger and better than last year's (admittedly kick ass) show. The vendor area is going to be twice as big with a lot more space to walk around (not going to be as cramped as last year's accommodations, thankfully). There's going to be a huge Free Play room with four Steel Battalion set ups, every SNES & N64 game ever released (domestically, anyway), tons of consoles and games including imports... There's going to be tournaments held all weekend too. I won't get to enjoy any of that tho b/c I'm going to be manning a booth w/ two of my buddies. (If you went to PRGE last year, we're the guys who had the Pikachu statue.)

One nice thing is if you aren't in the Seattle area (or close enough to drive here), the Red Lion has special room rates, at least 25% off (and up). Just mention SRGE when reserving a room. I'm a bit bummed it's not being held in the U-District again this year (it was within walking distance from me!), but it sounds like the space they've got is bigger and better, so I'm really looking forward to it. Also, anyone from DP, just mention the site at my booth and I'll give you 10% off your purchase (barring the $3 grab bags, that is).
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hoping to be able to make it this year, especially since I have missed it the last couple of years. I owe Rick a visit as I haven't seen him since the last expo I was at. It just never seems to work out timing wise for me but since it is just a day before my birthday that might be a good excuse to take a trip!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    loop006

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    So who all is going to the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo this year? It's going to be June 16 & 17 at the Bellevue Red Lion and sounds to be a lot bigger and better than last year's (admittedly kick ass) show. The vendor area is going to be twice as big with a lot more space to walk around (not going to be as cramped as last year's accommodations, thankfully). There's going to be a huge Free Play room with four Steel Battalion set ups, every SNES & N64 game ever released (domestically, anyway), tons of consoles and games including imports... There's going to be tournaments held all weekend too. I won't get to enjoy any of that tho b/c I'm going to be manning a booth w/ two of my buddies. (If you went to PRGE last year, we're the guys who had the Pikachu statue.)

One nice thing is if you aren't in the Seattle area (or close enough to drive here), the Red Lion has special room rates, at least 25% off (and up). Just mention SRGE when reserving a room. I'm a bit bummed it's not being held in the U-District again this year (it was within walking distance from me!), but it sounds like the space they've got is bigger and better, so I'm really looking forward to it. Also, anyone from DP, just mention the site at my booth and I'll give you 10% off your purchase (barring the $3 grab bags, that is).

The show will be totally kick ass this year everybody!
    We have taken a BUNCH of feedback from last year and our goal is to improve every aspect.

Just to add a few things, all room reservations must be made by June 8th to get the SRGE discount.
    We also have a link with the dscount promo embedded: http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator...UP&groupBlock=

Check http://www.seattleretro.org/ often for updates, we have some super neat things in the pipeline that will be announced soon!

Gerald

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I had a blast last year, and I cant wait to attend this year. The show will be awesome and recommend anyone in the area to check it out. There will be some good deals on games, as well as some killer games to play.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

... There's gotta be more than one person on here who's planning on going besides the founder! XD
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    loop006

Hi guys, wanted to let everyone know about the camp Kesem charity auction at SRGE 2012!

In a nutshell, this camp takes kids with a parent who has been diagnosed with cancer and sends them to camp to take their mind off the home situation and to be around people that can relate to the issues they are facing.

For every $250 we raise, that sends one child to camp and 100% of the proceeds go to camp Kesem!

Our first item in the raffle is a copy of Bubble Bobble 2 in pretty good shape!
    I will be working on getting some more neat items to the raffle soon and there is more info on our site: www.seattleretro.org

Thanks for reading!

Gerald

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    loop006

Dreamcast Broadband Adapter and 4 $20 Play n Trade giftcards added to the raffle, with more stuff coming soon!

Pretzel (Level 4) miaandjohnrule's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OriginalRope

I will be there as well! Wooooo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Kemoteo

Will be there as well. Maybe just one day, but will make it for sure. Can't wait!
    My WTB Link;

Dreamcast Needs - http://bit.ly/vM0vLY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dang. I lived in Bellevue for almost 8 years. and worked right near that hotel. But alas I'm too far away now in North Carolina.. have a good one anyway.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

I might make it. It's 300 miles or so from me, so we'll see. I'd love to go...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like it's going to be a great year for SRGE.
    Just posted over on the AA boards- I'll be there this year with my lady, and I've been doing my best to spread the word as usual.
    I also saw the add in GI's June calendar (very awesome).
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there again, and also I like the venue change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Just a heads up, that ticket presale and hotel deals end June 8th. The ticket presale gets you in the show an hour early, which is always a nice bonus. I cant wait for the show!

link to website

http://www.seattleretro.org/
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JACKxSWAGGER

oooohhh man am i happy i stumbled across this message board. i won't miss this for the world.