Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro Wannabes and Fakers...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Retro Wannabes and Fakers...

I'm getting sick of running into so-called retro gamers or fans who think that just because they emulated Super Mario Bros 3 on Xbox or their computer....that somehow they're true retro game fans. Nothing but bullsh*t.

POINT OF FACT:
    No one under the age of 27 can ever claim to be a true retro gamer because you didn't grow up with the system. Yes, you're nothing but wannabe idiots who are jumping on the retro gaming bandwagon. Why?!? Because the modern games are all crap...and nothing will ever compare to a ball busting Contra game on the NES. If you didn't grow up with an NES/SNES/Genesis when they originally came out in the 80's and 90's, then shut the f*ck up. We don't want to hear about your love for OUR games. The original Marios, Zeldas, Contras, Castlevanias etc belong to US...those of us who begged our parents back in the day to buy us those games. Those of us who had real/actual friends and all the times we went over to their place to play Bubble Bobble or Jackal. Those of us who read Nintendo magazine and waited eagerly in anticipation for the next Mega Man. That's why you'll never get it, no matter how much you try to fake it. You're not one of us, and you NEVER will be, so stop acting like you are.

So for all you kiddies out there trying to jack our sh*t. Shut the f*ck up. Keep your COD...Uncharted Waters, or whatever the hell is being released nowadays. You can't have our games...they never have and will NEVER belong to you. You didn't grow up in the world we did back in the 80's/90's...and so you'll never truly understand the NES/SNES/Genesis the way we do. So keep your modern sh*t, and leave our games alone.

thank you.
    Last edited by MyTurnToPlay; 04-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, you sir, are dumber than a bag of rocks. End of story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

What a tool bag. Sorry, pal, anybody has the right to enjoy retro video games. Those of us 25 and older don't hold some sort of exclusive rights to them.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Imagine the original post, but with movies instead. Or books. Or music. Can we not like movies from the 1940's because we weren't around to see them originally?

By the way, Uncharted Waters is a simulation game by Koei. Released on the NES, SNES, and Genesis. So, yeah.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Hi, my fifteen, thirteen and ten year old nephews, plus my fifteen and nine year old nieces would like a word with you.

They'd wipe the floor with you on any game, too.

Also, I'm one of those fake retro gamers too? I grew up with consoles but these days I -love- to play games from systems I never had a chance to see when I was a kid. The PC, Atari, Master System, the C64... they may not be what I grew up with and I might not understand them completely, but I still appreciate a good game when I see one. Old or new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurnToPlay View Post
    POINT OF FACT:
    No one under the age of 27 can ever claim to be a true retro gamer because you didn't grow up with the system.

thank you.
    Bullshit, I was born in 1987 and grew up with a nintendo, game and watch handhelds, and grew up during the great sega vs. nintendo wars of the 90s.

Anyone born much later than me though might be a stretch, but as long as the majority of your games aren't angry birds and call of duty sessions, then I think almost anyone has a chance to pick up old titles and play them.

I agree with the point about old movies too. I just watch Charlie Chaplin's Movies "Gold Rush" and "modern times" and even though those were made in the 1920s and 1930s I still enjoyed them.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 04-05-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My buddies son was born in 2003 and has had an NES or SNES controller in his hands since. Kick rocks dumb dumb! MyturntoPlay- dude loves trolling! Obviously people born later will never be able to experience the excitement of the NES, SNES, Genesis, Etc. heyday, but whatever, doesnt mean they have to be barred from ever experiencing any classic systems! Thats stupid as hell! Id rather kids being born in recent times stray away from the new crap thats cranked out a dime a dozen and just sit down and shred some Double Dragon or Mega Man 2. Its what keeps the spirit alive! ......and also, stop claiming the games are yours, or ours. You did not make any of them, neither did i, nor did he, so just shut up, enough crap falls out of your mouth across this forum, theres only so much stupid I can take....
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 04-05-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    Wow, you sir, are dumber than a bag of rocks. End of story.
    Spoken like a true retro wannabe. Isn't it past your bedtime now little fella? Or shouldn't you be on your Xbox or PS3 playing Skyrim or Battlefied?
    You're butthurt because you know what I said is true. Well...take off your dress you little princess...and go cry online to your W.o.W friends.

thank you.

P.S. Get out of my thread and leave the retro games alone.

thanks again.
    Last edited by MyTurnToPlay; 04-05-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic and ironic or completely fucking moronic. If you're just joshing us, well played. If serious, you should find a homeless dude to piss some AIDS into your face.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ninja_with_ Glasses's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh hey!!! It's everybody's favorite: My Turn to Troll!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting sick of running into

thank you.
    Cool story bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cant we just get it over with? can a Mod ban this jackasses IP address?

......and for the record MyTurnToPlay, Im most likely older than you, judging by your posts and responses you are either young, brain damaged, or have downs syndrome.
    I dont touch modern games, look around the internet and youll see I thoroughly have hated them for years. Especially computer games, I dont even know what WoW looks like aside from the tv commercials....
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 04-05-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I dont touch modern games
    Such a shame. There's some really good games out there, especially on PC.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ninja_with_ Glasses's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we all decide to ignore this thread, and not post anything?

Oh... Wait a second.
    Last edited by Ninja_with_ Glasses; 04-05-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting sick of running into so-called retro gamers or fans who think that just because they emulated Super Mario Bros 3 on Xbox or their computer....that somehow they're true retro game fans. Nothing but bullsh*t.

POINT OF FACT:
    No one under the age of 27 can ever claim to be a true retro gamer because you didn't grow up with the system. Yes, you're nothing but wannabe idiots who are jumping on the retro gaming bandwagon. Why?!? Because the modern games are all crap...and nothing will ever compare to a ball busting Contra game on the NES. If you didn't grow up with an NES/SNES/Genesis when they originally came out in the 80's and 90's, then shut the f*ck up. We don't want to hear about your love for OUR games. The original Marios, Zeldas, Contras, Castlevanias etc belong to US...those of us who begged our parents back in the day to buy us those games. Those of us who had real/actual friends and all the times we went over to their place to play Bubble Bobble or Jackal. Those of us who read Nintendo magazine and waited eagerly in anticipation for the next Mega Man. That's why you'll never get it, no matter how much you try to fake it. You're not one of us, and you NEVER will be, so stop acting like you are.

So for all you kiddies out there trying to jack our sh*t. Shut the f*ck up. Keep your COD...Uncharted Waters, or whatever the hell is being released nowadays. You can't have our games...they never have and will NEVER belong to you. You didn't grow up in the world we did back in the 80's/90's...and so you'll never truly understand the NES/SNES/Genesis the way we do. So keep your modern sh*t, and leave our games alone.

thank you.
    I hear you, bro. I hate when people like the same things I like, especially when they are younger than me, thereby having no right to enjoy anything that belongs to ME. You and me, MyTurnToPlay, are a dying breed. We alone are the true retro gamers in an ocean of prepubescent wannabe idiots who think that they're cool because they're playing OUR games. Nothing says poser quite like someone enjoying something that I enjoy if they weren't alive when it was made, that's why I go to museums and call people wannabes when they're all like, "Wow. This Monet moves me and sh*t," and they weren't even born in 19th century, let alone Paris. Sad, sad little posers. So next time you losers want to play Zelda, Sonic, or Mario ask yourself if you are as old and as legit as me and my bro, MyTurnToPlay, because if you aren't you should die for having fun the same way as us.

You can't ever hope to understand the nuances of Sonic if you didn't live through the Bit Wars, bitch! It was hell- g*oddamn hell, I tell you. One day you think Mario is where it's at, and the next day a commercial tells you that you aren't cool if you don't have a Genesis, and kids are giving you swirlies in the commode for wearing a Mario t-shirt. If you don't associate the smell of sh*t with the princess being in another castle, you ain't on my level, punk.

You might think that it doesn't matter what you enjoy as long as it doesn't affect us. WRONG! Are you kidding me? It is wannabes like you pretending to have fun (be honest- you're just doing it to be cool!) that ruin it for the rest of us (MyTurnToPlay and me, of course). You pathetic excuse for video gamers just need to shut up and play whatever games I have never played but I know that I hate- and I hate alot. Seriously... you have no idea of how much stuff I hate because of something I like being enjoyed by others. Does this make me a sh*tty person? No! It makes you a sh*tty person for thinking that, though, especially if you are 26 or younger, because we all know that 27 and older is the magical age for enjoying retro video games. If you doubt this wisdom it proves you are a fake retro gamer. Case closed and slam muthaf*ckin' dunk, yo!

you're welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Such a shame. There's some really good games out there, especially on PC.
    I hear that a lot. Im not really sure why I dislike them so much, I guess the lack of nostalgia. I just feel empty when I play modern games with their dumb trophies, 500000 different button combinations, downloadable content, etc...... When I sit down to play the NES or Genesis a flood of memories engulfs my brain and I couldnt be happier. Everything is all already there, it doesnt take weeks to finish a platform game, Theres so many titles out there Im still playing NEW games I never knew were out there ....Modern games lack a soul and hold absolutely no interest with me. PS1/N64 is as new as I get, although I have been getting more into the Gamecube and PS2 recently. R Type Final kicks ass!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I hear that a lot. Im not really sure why I dislike them so much, I guess the lack of nostalgia. I just feel empty when I play modern games with their dumb trophies, 500000 different button combinations, downloadable content, etc...... When I sit down to play the NES or Genesis a flood of memories engulfs my brain and I couldnt be happier. Everything is all already there, it doesnt take weeks to finish a platform game, Theres so many titles out there Im still playing NEW games I never knew were out there ....Modern games lack a soul and hold absolutely no interest with me. PS1/N64 is as new as I get, although I have been getting more into the Gamecube and PS2 recently. R Type Final kicks ass!
    http://www.wizorb.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Same game designer:

http://www.ninjasenki.com/

Play it and love it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic and ironic or completely fucking moronic. If you're just joshing us, well played. If serious, you should find a homeless dude to piss some AIDS into your face.
    That just made my day.