Thread: My Easter Basket (2012)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile My Easter Basket (2012)

Easter baskets are something the wife and I are passionate about. I tend to mix it a little when making her baskets each year, but the ones she makes for me are always game themed, and ALWAYS awesome. We always try to outdo each other, and top the previous year.

Continuing the tradition, I received a new game themed basket from her this morning. This year she went with a Sonic The Hedgehog motif. She put a lot of attention to detail into this one. She integrated gold rings, which she painted herself, into the outside of the basket (which she also painted), and even included 6 Chaos Emeralds (large glass gem paper weights). The Chaos Emeralds impressed me the most because I didn't think she even knew or remembered there were gems in Sonic games (she's not much of a gamer).

I haven't taken anything out yet, but from what I can see there's:

• A First 4 Figures Metal Sonic Statue (non-lighted version, Limited 1500)
    • A large Sonic the Hedgehog Fleece Throw
    • A Gopher Firecore Portable Player Hand Held
    • A Canvas Sonic the Hedgehog Messenger Bag
    • A deck of Sonic the Hedgehog Playing Cards
    • A Snickers Candy Tin
    • A Twix Candy Tin
    • A Life Savers Candy Tin
    • A Sonic 'Chaod Emeralds' (Cherry-Apple Sours) Candy Tin
    • A Blue Sonic the Hedgehog Drink Tumbler w/screw on Lid & Straw
    • 2 Sonic the Hedgehog Chain Wallets (one blue with Sonic's face, the other black with Sonic's profile and arms crossed)
    • 6 Chaos Emerald Gem Paperweights (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow Aquamarine, and Lavender - there last two were a compromise since there weren't any white or black ones available in the set)

My Baskets from previous years: 2011 Super Mario 25th Anniversary, 2010 HALO, 2009 Resident Evil, 2008 Zelda, 2007 Super Mario

I made the wife a 'Harajuku' themed basket which I decorated with cascading cherry blossoms (I wanted them to looks like they were being blown along by the wind):

I filled it with a Geisha Pullip Style Doll (Youtsuzu) a pink mini-lunchbox with Hello Kitty and My Melody Pez candy dispensers, the 2012 hardcover 'Guinness Book of World Records', 11 boxes of Strawberry Pocky snacks, a journal with a purple floral motif, a sushi themed eraser set, a set of fragrant highlighter markets, a set of coloured gels pens, some lottery scratch-off tickets, a chocolate faerie bunny, and a rose made out of feathers.

Her baskets from previous years: 2011 Floral, 2010 Birds, 2009 Butterflies

We gave her mother who's in town from California, and a tattoo aficionado, a basket filled with Ed Hardy branded goodies (a purse, comb and brush, sneakers, hoodie, etc.) which I decorated in a rose theme. We also loaded the purse with Butterscotch Krimpet Tasty Kakes; a favorite of many Philly natives.

Her basket from last year: 2011 Coach Bag

My mother-in-law also brought us some See's brand candies back from Cali' (it's pretty amazing stuff), which I'm getting fat off of as I type this, and we're going to do some veggie burger grilling in a bit. I hope everyone else has a great weekend, whether you celebrate Easter or not.

Did anyone else give or get any game stuff this year?
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 04-08-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can tell alot of love went into making that Sonic basket. Awesome stuff! I want a Sonic deck of cards!! I'll have to keep on the lookout for that. The Metal Sonic figure is pretty sweet, and they are quite pricey, are they not?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    You can tell alot of love went into making that Sonic basket. Awesome stuff! I want a Sonic deck of cards!! I'll have to keep on the lookout for that. The Metal Sonic figure is pretty sweet, and they are quite pricey, are they not?
    Yeah, all of the First 4 Figure figures are on the pricey side (some are really cost prohibitive), but they are very well made. That is, they're very detailed figures. These are really only for uberfans. Honestly, I'd probably never purchase one for myself.

The Metal Sonic is my second F4F figure. My other is a classic Sonic figure, which is really amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very cool, man. Very cool.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man, as a major Sonic fan, I am extremely jealous of your Easter basket. The only things I ever got in my baskets are a ton of chocolate.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice

All of those Easter baskets look very creative and I feel the LOVE but on the other hand... I was given a brown paper bag which was supposed to serve as an Easter basket. It did have some good candy in it though and an easter egg that had 5 bucks in it. It's my Karma for not putting to much thought into mine either but I appreciate my basket I mean bag lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

That Sonic basket has to be one of these best Easter baskets ever!
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD