Thread: Activision v. Infinity Ward court date delayed [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Activision v. Infinity Ward court date delayed [Joystiq]

Former Activision employees and Infinity Ward founders Jason West and Vincent Zampella are taking Activision to court on May 29, after a few years of legal back-and-forth negotiations and counter-suits from Activision. The date was initially set for May 7, but was pushed back at Activision's request.

West and Zampella claim Activision owes them $125 million in unpaid royalties, and they seek the rights to the Modern Warfare brand.

Activision's counter-suit is free to move forward as well, where Activision is asking for $400 million from EA, claiming EA stole its employees and that West and Zampella were consorting secretly with the competitor while still Activision employees.

Zampella and West were fired from Activision in 2010 on the grounds of these supposed secret meetings. They soon after founded Respawn Entertainment and now have 40 former Infinity Ward employees in their ranks.Activision v. Infinity Ward court date delayed originally appeared on Joystiq on Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never thought I would say this, but EA is the lesser of the two evils imo.

I would love to see Activision get royally butt fucked. They are even worse than Microsoft in their self-proclaimed "dominance". They have no place in the gaming industry, they have proved this with how they treat their customers and franchises, by whoring them out.

Boo hoo Activision, boo hoo, bitches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

We'll see. Knowing the working conditions better would help. Certainly employees under contract planning to jump ship can't be let slide. But that's not to say Activision wasn't asking for it. Being forced to make nothing except a scheduled assembly line stream of COD games, surely wasn't what Infinity Ward wanted. Look what Bungie had to do to get let off the hook with Halo.
    Lum fan.