Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxim Gamer Girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Maxim Gamer Girl

I recently came across (not on) Maxim's search for a Gamer Girl: http://maximgamergirl.com/. What do you gals and guys think of this?
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I think it's hilarious that the top girl has a WoW YouTube channel and is bribing her subscribers with a bikini episode if they vote for her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's retarded, but this is Maxim so I guess that's to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man, if I could make money by shaking my nads around in front of a PS3 I would be in heaven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I think it's insulting to everyone involved. It's a farce for women who play video games when the mainstream attention is effectively only eye candy, and it's insulting to male gamers who aren't controlled solely by their hormones. I'll grant there are a number, but I also would like to think the majority are well balanced people.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like it at all and I will agree with the above statement. I know a lot of gamer girls and they are all normal people. They are trying to turn "gamer girls" into new sex icons....so be it...I know 1 or 2 girl gamers who love all the attention..but most aren't like that at all.
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fetishized jerkoff material that reinforces every negative gamer stereotype

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The part that goes over my head every single time is the fact that while I understand the appeal of hot women (always relevant to my interests regardless of topic), I've never been particularly turned on by the gamer girl fetish. In fact, it's something of a minor turn off. I've never had much interest dating within my hobbies. I think it's nice to hook up with people who have different interests. Keeps things fresh.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

it is kinda sad but not surprising.
    But with all that said.. I hope this girl wins it

DAYUM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Huh. It's amazing what makeup and professional photography can do. She's much better looking in the photo than the video. I'm not saying she's ugly, she just looks real in the video, and like a pin-up poster in the photograph.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

It would be funny if whoever wins this turns out to have been born a man, somehow Trump needs to be involved in this contest too. Whoever can afford the best plastic surgery wins the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Huh. It's amazing what makeup and professional photography can do. She's much better looking in the photo than the video. I'm not saying she's ugly, she just looks real in the video, and like a pin-up poster in the photograph.
    I think she looks better in the video. In the photo, her face looks like it's made of porcelain.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um....why is a dude one of the contestants?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I think she looks better in the video. In the photo, her face looks like it's made of porcelain.
    So you get what I'm saying about her looking like a real person in the video. The photo is like, an attractive painting or something. I rarely wear makeup, so I'm just impressed with the difference it can make sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    it is kinda sad but not surprising.
    But with all that said.. I hope this girl wins it

DAYUM!
    I think she's a pretty decent looking girl, but so fake looking, with the massive amount of tattoos and makeup. There's a lot of insecurity going on here.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 04-10-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

haha i convinced a friend of mine to sign up to see what happens.

http://maximgamergirl.com/starlightluvsu there she is

and yes she is a hardcore gamer not just a pretty asian girl i'll vouch for it.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    I think she's a pretty decent looking girl, but so fake looking, with the massive amount of tattoos and makeup. There's a lot of insecurity going on here.
    Beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder my friend
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    So you get what I'm saying about her looking like a real person in the video. The photo is like, an attractive painting or something. I rarely wear makeup, so I'm just impressed with the difference it can make sometimes.
    The difference has nothing to do with makeup. What you're seeing in the photo is extreme retouching. I'm a professional retoucher and have been in the industry for nine years. Some art directors ask me to remove flaws and correct photographic shortcomings (for example, if the photographer under-exposed an image or processed a RAW file using the incorrect white balance, etc.).

However, some art directors ask me to manipulate and manipulate an image until it looks nothing like reality (bring her chin in, make her neck thinner, move her eyes down a little, remove the natural folds and wrinkles from her shirt, change the shape of her hair, change the color of her lipstick, comp in the left arm from another photo, etc.). It's sick. At that point, the image becomes a digital painting. I'm not talking about fantasy retouching, I'm talking about photographic retouching. Some art directors go too far, but they're paying me, so I do it.

I'm not exaggerating, every picture you see in a magazine, even if it's just a picture of a cup on a table, has had several rounds of retouching. Nothing is real.

The sad thing is, many people look at those pictures and wonder why their skin, hair, kitchens, or bedrooms don't look as perfect as the ones in magazines.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 04-11-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

Modeling is a job. This is a great gateway for people who are looking to get into the business. Even if you lose, you get your face out there. As for what people who look for deeper meanings like degradation and stereotyping, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. It really isn't for us to decide. I am a guy. I would like to see a pic of who wins. Hell, I'd like to be a judge. That's me being a guy. I say more power to the entrees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    The difference has nothing to do with makeup. What you're seeing in the photo is extreme retouching. I'm a professional retoucher and have been in the industry for nine years. Some art directors ask me to remove flaws and correct photographic shortcomings (for example, if the photographer under-exposed an image or processed a RAW file using the incorrect white balance, etc.).

However, some art directors ask me to manipulate and manipulate an image until it looks nothing like reality (bring her chin in, make her neck thinner, move her eyes down a little, remove the natural folds and wrinkles from her shirt, change the shape of her hair, change the color of her lipstick, comp in the left arm from another photo, etc.). It's sick. At that point, the image becomes a digital painting. I'm not talking about fantasy retouching, I'm talking about photographic retouching. Some art directors go too far, but they're paying me, so I do it.

I'm not exaggerating, every picture you see in a magazine, even if it's just a picture of a cup on a table, has had several rounds of retouching. Nothing is real.

The sad thing is, many people look at those pictures and wonder why their skin, hair, kitchens, or bedrooms don't look as perfect as the ones in magazines.
    I remember when I was a teenager, there was a singer who posed for playboy in her underwear, and years later I saw the same image, minus the underwear, in one of their 'nudes' books. That pretty much killed my interest in their publications. They may as well just go CG.