Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walking Dead the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Has anyone else played through Episode 3 yet?

**SPOILERS**

I was really disappointed in Katja. Why didn't she just let Kenny take Duck into the woods? I didn't understand why she did what she did.

It was another emotionally draining first half of the game, but the second half or so didn't feel like much. It hurts that Clementine has been hiding something from me. But maybe she thinks her parents are in danger. I can't blame her for that.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Yeah.

Everybody I cared about is dead and/or out of the group for one reason or another.

I was originally thinking that it was based solely on my decisions, but I've seen that even in non "choose one" situations there are points where certain characters die/get killed no matter what you do. So, I feel a bit better and less responsible about that.

Great stuff though. Can't wait for the next episode, however, I WISH that TellTale would allow PS3 owners to DELETE individual episodes off the HDD once they're finished. I have limited drive real estate on my 60 gig, and 5 episodes is going to be pretty big when everything is said and done. It's a real PITA to delete everything, re-download Episode 1 and then the next individual episode every time that I want to free up space.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    ...I WISH that TellTale would allow PS3 owners to DELETE individual episodes off the HDD once they're finished. I have limited drive real estate on my 60 gig, and 5 episodes is going to be pretty big when everything is said and done. It's a real PITA to delete everything, re-download Episode 1 and then the next individual episode every time that I want to free up space.
    I wonder how it compares across platforms for space. On the PC, episodes 1-3 are currently taking 2.06GB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    I wonder how it compares across platforms for space. On the PC, episodes 1-3 are currently taking 2.06GB.
    It's around that for PS3. What sucks is that you can delete individual episodes of Back To The Future from the game data folder, but Walking Dead is completely self contained in the actual game file on the XMB, it doesn't have any file or files in the Game Data folder. Every time I want to get a new episode I need to re-download episode 1 demo, the unlock file and the episode (2, 3, etc.) but not the episode(s) that I've already completed.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I have never hated a game character as much as that one bitches dad in the convenience store.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    I have never hated a game character as much as that one bitches dad in the convenience store.
    That's because the characters are so real and well done.

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS, PLEASE BE AWARE**

I finished episode 3 a couple days ago and can't wait for the final parts. This is definitely in the running for best game of this generation. And unless the last 2 episodes stink out loud, will also say this has a good shot at being a top ten all-time type of game.

Now, as for the story itself: this is the saddest game I've ever played. I have never been heartbroken in a game until episode 3. The whole scene with Duck and Katja was gut-wrenching.

I was really disappointed in Katja. Why didn't she just let Kenny take Duck into the woods? I didn't understand why she did what she did.
    I think Katja felt all hope was lost in regards to the situation with Duck. I made the connection as a parent, and even though I wouldn't do the same (at least I don't think so...), I still fully understand Katja's actions. But as already mentioned, saddest gaming moment of all time.

Part four and five can't come soon enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

SPOILERS

Wow, what a fantastic ending to the game. I can't believe that I was in the minority by not having Clementine shoot me. I've never played a game that made me emotional like this one did. Just fantastic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

SPOILERS

Wow, what a fantastic ending to the game. I can't believe that I was in the minority by not having Clementine shoot me. I've never played a game that made me emotional like this one did. Just fantastic.
    ME TOO! I can't believe that only 36% of players didn't want to have a 9 year old kid shoot the closest thing to a parent that they had!

Amazing ending. As much as this series was just an exercise in decision making compared to other TellTale offerings, it was spectacular at developing characters and telling a story.

I cried my eyes out at that ending.

AND STAY TILL THE END OF THE CREDITS!

Can't wait for Season 2!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

The wife and I played through the whole season in a few days over the break. Manly tears were shed <_<

But goddamn Ben. Damn you Ben! The whole time I kept thinking that he'd prove himself and yet... nothing. I saw a picture with a list of people Ben was in any way responsible for getting killed, it was a majority of the cast!

Damn Ben...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    The wife and I played through the whole season in a few days over the break. Manly tears were shed <_<

But goddamn Ben. Damn you Ben! The whole time I kept thinking that he'd prove himself and yet... nothing. I saw a picture with a list of people Ben was in any way responsible for getting killed, it was a majority of the cast!

Damn Ben...
    Yeah ... but I just couldn't bring myself to not protect him whenever the opportunity came up. He was a great "catalyst" for both endangering and gauging your level of empathy in your decision making.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Yeah ... but I just couldn't bring myself to not protect him whenever the opportunity came up. He was a great "catalyst" for both endangering and gauging your level of empathy in your decision making.
    I protected him only because he was Clementine's friend. When she voted to let him get on the boat because "Ben is nice. He's my friend, and you don't turn your back on your friends. That's my vote." I broke down.