Okay, So. I recently picked up an old Super Nintendo System from a vintage store for like 75 bucks. It came with a pretty nice selection of 20 games(many with original boxes as well as instruction manuals), the cords to hook it up, two controllers and hell, it even had the old Nintendo Power ad in the Original Snes Box.

Needless to say, I was utterly stoked. I hadn't had one of these since I was a kid and opening the box pulling it out was like Christmas in April.

But then, Today I hooked it up when I finally had time to play it and popped in Super Mario World. Everything seemed beautiful at first. But then once I got to the overworld I knew something was up when there was no Mario Sprite. It was weird, but I pressed on. I entered a level and my sprite appeared and when I beat the level I went back to the overworld and could see Mario and Yoshi. Then, I entered the next level and my sprite was gone. Infact, I couldn't see any sprites at all. I couldn't even see coins or mushrooms, It was the most peculiar thing ever.

So I dealed with it and just died on purpose and reloaded the level until it worked. Everything was okay working like this until I got to the first world's castle, my sprite(or any of the enemies) wouldn't appear no matter how many times I loaded the level. It was pretty irritating. I said "Oh well, I'll get a new Super Mario World."
So then I popped in my favorite SNES game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I could tell something was... off starting it up and going to the title screen but I chalked it up to being my HDTV being too advanced for the snes, but then I go to start a character and I notice that the other person's character who played before had these odd horizontal lines going through it, it was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. And It really sucked because I remember this game being pretty good graphics even when I played it on a rom again a few years ago. Even the final boss has those odd lines going through him. I started a new character, same thing.

I googled around and to not much avail for this specific issue, but then I stumbled upon this website of awesome like minded people such as myself(I'm really into collecting older consoles/games and restoring them to add to my collection to save and protect for many years to come)who seemed to know what they were talking about.

So does anything have any idea what this issue could be? I assume that since two different carts had graphic / sprite issues that the problem is the console. But tell me what you guys think.
I took pics to post so you guys could get a visual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	5071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0152.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	5072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	87.6 KB