Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaguar spotted in the wild

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    Actually AVP was released on SNES also, though not in FPS format.
    If you’re going to make that argument at least go with Aliens versus Predator (for PC) though it’s not identical to Alien vs Predator (for Jaguar) it’s made by the same development team and has all the same game play elements.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

I have a hard time buying games off ebay. I enjoy the hunt for games. I like finding stuff at thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets. I got this off craigslist, but its still a lot more authentic to go get it instead of having it shipped to me.

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    Actually AVP was released on SNES also, though not in FPS format.
    It's a completely different game.

Heck, not only are they by two completely different developers like Understatement already said, they're not even published by the same company. The only thing they share are being based on the same IP.

Aliens Versus Predator on the PC is also a different game, although it certainly is the spirtual successor to the Jaguar game.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Tempest 2000 is also a must and was at its best on the Jaguar although it saw releases elsewhere.
    Yeah. Tempest 2000 is so much better on the Jaguar, it's amazing. They tweaked tiny things when they ported it, and I think it broke the whole game. T2K is a good reason all by itself to own a Jaguar I think.

A lot of people like Iron Soldier, it's a 3D mech simulator. I LOVE Brutal Sports Football, it doesn't take advantage of the hardware at all, but it is a really fun brawling sports title. Flip Out is a really fun puzzler. Zoop is a fun puzzler that is done by far the best on the Jaguar. And that is just the cheap stuff. A lot of the newer stuff is really good too.

If you'd like, I have a bunch of games in stock at the GOAT Store
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan View Post
    A lot of people like Iron Soldier, it's a 3D mech simulator. I LOVE Brutal Sports Football, it doesn't take advantage of the hardware at all, but it is a really fun brawling sports title. Flip Out is a really fun puzzler. Zoop is a fun puzzler that is done by far the best on the Jaguar. And that is just the cheap stuff. A lot of the newer stuff is really good too.
    I like Iron Soldier a lot. The sequel is also a nice game.

How is Zoop done so much better? Watching videos, I don't really see any differences to the SuperNes version that I own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Suikoman444
    PSN
    Suikoman444

The one game I'm personally looking to try out someday for the Jaguar is Towers II. Apparently the only RPG for it and it goes for fairly high prices when it goes for sale, but I keep missing the opportunities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

How is Zoop done so much better? Watching videos, I don't really see any differences to the SuperNes version that I own.
    I can't explain it more than the game just has a different flow on the Jaguar than the other versions. Maybe goatdan has some specifics but when I had my Jaguar, playing the Jaguar version of Zoop almost felt like a different game than it does on the other platforms.

If you like sprite scaling racers, Super Burnout is a great game (And my favorite release on the console).
    Possibly the most overlooked game on the platform.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One of my favorite games is Power Drive Rally! If you like games like RockNRoll Racing, RC ProAm, Micro Machines........then you'll dig Power Drive Rally!!!!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Didn't Rayman originate on the Jaguar? I thought it came out on the Jaguar first and then got ported everywhere else. Might be good to play it on the original system it was designed for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    I can't explain it more than the game just has a different flow on the Jaguar than the other versions. Maybe goatdan has some specifics but when I had my Jaguar, playing the Jaguar version of Zoop almost felt like a different game than it does on the other platforms.
    Isn't it virtually the only console version of Zoop that actually saves your scores?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Iron Soldier a lot. The sequel is also a nice game.
    Yeah, but a very expensive game. I actually don't really dig the first one, but really love the second.

From what I recall, and after I fell in love with it on the Jaguar I started getting it for everything and was really disappointed with it everywhere else, the biggest issues were that the Jaguar music is far better than the other versions, and the main thing is that it is just a hair more responsive. So, when you flit around the game shooting things, you can really move nicely. The other versions seem just a little more rigid. I'm also pretty sure it is the only version that saves scores, and with a puzzle game like that, I find that almost necessary for play. I don't know, I really like the game on the Jaguar, and I really don't pretty much everywhere else. *shrug* I guess your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Didn't Rayman originate on the Jaguar? I thought it came out on the Jaguar first and then got ported everywhere else. Might be good to play it on the original system it was designed for.
    It sorta did -- it was originally announced for the Jag, but it came out on the PSX like one week earlier than on the Jaguar. I don't remember the reason that Ubisoft gave, but there is a contingent of people who believe Sony paid a lot to make it not come out of the Jag first. It's a VERY good game though, although it plays basically the exact same for both the Jag and the PSX, but the Jag version costs like three times as much, so I'd actually suggest playing the Playstation version if you want to.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was very lucky and got a Jaguar NIB from EB games at the end of it's run for $29.99. I bought 2 CD untis still NIB for $40 for both. Most of my games and controllers as well as team tap are all NIB. Play NBA JAM with a bunch of friends in the big head mode. Fun as heck! And nothing can beat a great game of Brutal Sports Football. Although I prefer the Amiga version it's still a great port.