Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Default Sniper Elite v2

Anyone else pick this up today? Some thoughts:

- AI is fairly intelligent, was impressed to see enemies using covering fire and flanking maneuvers.
    - The Hitler DLC level sucks ass. Should have sold it for $10 on eBay. Really, it's a waste of time.
    - The sniping mechanics are solid. Really have no complaints with that on SE difficulty.
    - However, the game is much more linear than the first. It's not always possible to bypass guards and your paths are limited on most of the levels I've played thus far.
    - Going along with the above, they went the COD approach at times. A lot of your shooting is done at close range or you're sneaking behind people. But, when you get a chance to do long-range shooting, it's beautiful.
    - Movement is sometimes glitchy. Sometimes when you want to sneak, you'll run and blow your cover. Sometimes when you want to go prone, your character will stand back up automatically and make himself a nice target.
    - Mines are also glitchy at times. Enemies can walk through tripwires with ease unless you place them exactly right. That's easier said than done.
    - I'm not done yet but I'm assuming it will take me 6-8 hours to complete the game on Sniper Elite difficulty. You can do things much faster if you're using the various tactical assistance options.
    - I think it's much better than Sniper: Ghost Warrior and I enjoyed that game.

Overall, it's not a terrible buy for $50 and most of that was paid with flea market/yard sale flips. I plan on buying another sealed copy when the price drops because I anticipate this game will be as rare as the original. My local GS (which had 600+ preorders for MW3 for comparison) only had five pre-orders for this game, including mine. They only had two copies on the floor too so I'm guessing Rebellion didn't do a large run of these.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

I'll get it eventually, but I couldn't really get into the first one. I'm thinking i'll get it when its under $20.

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was all set to pick this up, as I was a fan of the first Sniper Elite on PS2. However, the lack of competitive multiplayer in Sniper Elite V2 was a massive disappointment. The multiplayer in the first SE was a ton of fun, and had a tight knit community behind it. I realize Rebellion has deadlines to meet, but there really is no excuse for dropping competitive multiplayer.

I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, but certainly not at $50.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Mytho View Post
    I was all set to pick this up, as I was a fan of the first Sniper Elite on PS2. However, the lack of competitive multiplayer in Sniper Elite V2 was a massive disappointment. The multiplayer in the first SE was a ton of fun, and had a tight knit community behind it. I realize Rebellion has deadlines to meet, but there really is no excuse for dropping competitive multiplayer.

I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, but certainly not at $50.
    TDM is included on the PC version of the game. For whatever reason, 505 Games wouldn't let Rebellion include it in the console versions. I plan on getting the PC version later this year during a Steam sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought the demo was more enjoyable than I was expecting. I might purchase it later down the rode but the price needs to be right.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still waiting for my copy of the game to arrive in the mail. I can't wait to start playing it.