Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

Default Autographed Game

Dan Aykroyd came to Ft Knox a while back. Being the nerd that I am, instead of having him sign one of the Crystal Head Vodka bottles he was selling, I had him sign my CIB copy of Ghostbusters on NES. I had him sign the case and the cartridge. He joked about how he was trying to forget about the game and was in my opinion just as funny in real life as he is in the movies. I definitely got to talk to him more than the other people in the line due to game I had him sign. I will never sell this game as it I got it from a cousin who passed away, but I would like to know how much its worth. The case is in pretty bad shape. I cleaned the game up and it looks mint. (aside from the sharpie writing lol). I know that since I will never sell it, it might as well be worth nothing, but I couldn't find anything like it on ebay so I thought i'd ask here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gb.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	5081

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

From personal experience autographs don't normally add much value to games, save some heavy hitters like Kojima or Miyamoto. IMO if a person doesn't have a fairly serious role in the development of the game it's pretty much a moot point on the game. If you hunted down all the actors who were in Ghostbusters then maybe you'd be onto something, but just Aykroyd shouldn't really do a thing to it.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    From personal experience autographs don't normally add much value to games, save some heavy hitters like Kojima or Miyamoto. IMO if a person doesn't have a fairly serious role in the development of the game it's pretty much a moot point on the game. If you hunted down all the actors who were in Ghostbusters then maybe you'd be onto something, but just Aykroyd shouldn't really do a thing to it.
    I'd beg to differ with this- Ghostbusters has a HUGE cult following, and I know several people (an old co-worker of mine is active in the Boston-area Ghostbusters group, with "real" uniforms, PKE Meters and proton packs) who would love to add this to their collection. I'd wager you could get $75-100+ for it from the right crowd.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old_skoolin_jim View Post
    I'd beg to differ with this- Ghostbusters has a HUGE cult following, and I know several people (an old co-worker of mine is active in the Boston-area Ghostbusters group, with "real" uniforms, PKE Meters and proton packs) who would love to add this to their collection. I'd wager you could get $75-100+ for it from the right crowd.
    In this poor condition? I know there are hard core Ghostbusters fans, but the market for this is already super limited (video gamer Ghostbuster fans who also want Dan Akyroyd to sign a copy of a game in which he played no part) and having an item that is far below display quality kills any value it might have otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Wait till he's dead.

I have a 25th Anniv. set of Transformers signed by Peter Cullen. Although I'm not interested in selling it, I'm curious as to what the value of it might be when he passes.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old_skoolin_jim View Post
    I agree -as video game collectors why would it surprise you that someone wouldn't want to put money down on this? There may be a big time NES collector thats a big Ghostbusters fanatic as well. I can see this being worth as little as nothing and as much as over $100 easily. As a collector I believe if I'm willing to spend 150+ on a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, then I'm sure the right person would be willing to spend that much on an autographed ghost busters game.
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Just looked at the pic in better detail now— yeah, it's not in very great condition. Maybe $50-75? Again though, it all depends on the buyer. Sorry for being so nebulous, but this really is one of those "could be either" situations as mentioned above.