Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Brazilian Pokemon Yellow

  1. #1
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Brazilian Pokemon Yellow

    User Neojapan has a Brazilian Pokemon Yellow up for sale on his Nintendo Age thread, when I PM'd him asking for information about it he responded saying it was the same as the US release just in Brazil. Of course this didn't tell me anything as that information is listed in his thread. I was wondering if anyone could shine a bit of light on this for me.

    His Nintendo Age thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...threadid=67135

    Picture of the game: http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...les/gbA1-1.jpg

    (It's the Pokemon Yellow that is obviously not in English and has no part no.)

  2. #2
    Pac-Man (Level 10) theclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,217
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

    Default

    He's saying it's not very interesting. No portuguese translation. It looks to me from a quick mercado livre search game boy owners there, have a wide mix of US+JPN+EU+bootleg almost at random.

    As I understand game companies treat brazil wrong. Supposedly Sony had the stupidity to launch PS2 at over 400% its then-current new US price. Let alone used.
    Last edited by theclaw; 05-09-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Lum fan.

  3. #3
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    It's the US game. Just the portuguese front and back labels and a sticker of the Nintendo authorized dealer on the back. The same sticker in all Nintendo products, like Rumble Paks and Controllers.

    We didn't get a translated version like spanish talking countries did.

    For good, IMO. It's totally weird playing in spanish, imagine in portuguese... They shouldn't have translated the moves!

  4. #4
    is neither blue nor fast thom_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Palmas/TO - Brazil
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    It's the US game. Just the portuguese front and back labels and a sticker of the Nintendo authorized dealer on the back. The same sticker in all Nintendo products, like Rumble Paks and Controllers.

    We didn't get a translated version like spanish talking countries did.

    For good, IMO. It's totally weird playing in spanish, imagine in portuguese... They shouldn't have translated the moves!
    It's only good for us who can speak english, dude. You gotta remember that not everyone can...translating is important - specially with a text-heavy game like Pokémon.

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    As I understand game companies treat brazil wrong. Supposedly Sony had the stupidity to launch PS2 at over 400% its then-current new US price. Let alone used.
    I agree. The companies complain about the rampant piracy here, but one of the reasons that it won't go down is the abusive prices practiced 'round here. They like to blame our high taxes for that, but it's not the only reason and we know it.
    Last edited by thom_m; 05-10-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Blowing on cartridges since 1987

  5. #5
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    139
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    He's saying it's not very interesting. No portuguese translation. It looks to me from a quick mercado livre search game boy owners there, have a wide mix of US+JPN+EU+bootleg almost at random.

    As I understand game companies treat brazil wrong. Supposedly Sony had the stupidity to launch PS2 at over 400% its then-current new US price. Let alone used.
    Just a nitpick here- but the games were in Japanese originally so its equally weird for them to be in English. For voice overs Ill admit that Spanish dubs are usually horrrrrrible without a doubt though.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
  2. Pokemon Yellow Save Battery - Could You Use a CR2025?
    By wingzrow in forum Technical and Restoration Society
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
  3. Pokemon Yellow carts - $10 shipped each
    By darkslime in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
  4. Factory Sealed Pokemon Yellow / F1 Race
    By Dangerboy in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 08:39 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •