3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Default Diamond Trust of London

Diamond Trust of London is a two-player strategy game for the Nintendo DS in which you manage the diamond trade in Angola. The twist to the game lies in spying on your opponents and trying to manage what information they are able to find out about your own actions. The game also has procedurally generated music (there's a sample of what it can do at the bottom of the kickstarter page), and download play so you don't need two copies of the game in order to play.

The game is finished, and has been approved by Nintendo... but these guys need to meet Nintendo's minimum production run in order to make this game happen. Even if you don't like the game, this is one that could turn out to be rare (Hey, we ARE talking about a minimum production run after all), and there's a limited edition version available. Even if you're just getting it so you can resell it later, just go and contribute your money to the project so that it succeeds and the rest of us can get our copies :P $35 for a regular version, $55 for a limited edition version.

--Zero

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Been waiting for this one for a couple of years now. Very excited it's finally getting a release.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

So I'm not really clear is this an exclusively two player game? Or can one play vs the CPU?
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Q - Does the game require two players?

A - Though the game is designed for two human players on two DS units, an AI practice opponent is also provided for a single player game.

The AI plays reasonably well, and is good enough to help you learn the basic strategies of the game. However, a decent human player will be able to beat the AI, even at the higher levels, quite easily. And besides, this is a game about second-guessing your opponent and trying to read their mind---emotions, tilting, and other factors come into play, and it's just not the same against an AI.

So, though playing against a friend is not required, it's certainly recommended, eventually.
    --Zero