Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default Journey for PSN

has no one played this yet? didnt see a thread for it, just wanted to get the thoughts from people who have played it and share their expierences, if you still havent played it and enjoy games like flower, okami or shadow of the collosus, you seriously owe it to yourself to give this game a look
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Played it to conclusion, definitely the best game I've played so far this year. I'm not going to spoil anything but it's probably the most moving game ever made, especially if you play it through- particularly in the later levels- with someone else.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

My friend was raving about this. I keep forgetting to check it out.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.125562,-118.158541

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    Played it to conclusion, definitely the best game I've played so far this year. I'm not going to spoil anything but it's probably the most moving game ever made, especially if you play it through- particularly in the later levels- with someone else.

lol i feel like a little bit of me died inside when i finished my game with my partner and i knew that i would never see him again, this is the only game i've played where you treat another person as human, you care about helping them

my first playthrough was with someone who obviously had beaten the game, with no real form of communication, that nameless, faceless stranger took me under his wing and showed me where a couple of secrets were, lol we invented our own language using the pings, and it was crazy because it really could have been my imagination but i was sure that he understood me perfectly whenever i pinged him 3x, or one big ping when i saw a monster, lol and then when it was all over and we finally beat the game, it turned out i was playing with some japanese kid who didnt even speak english

thats fucking incredible, that a game that doesnt allow any form of direct communication with another person could break all communication barriers and allow you to feel even more connected to that person for that 2 hour journey, he could have been some loud mouthed annoying 12 year old kid or a racist 30 something year old redneck, white or black, boy or girl, muslim or christian, but for 2 hours none of that even mattered, it was just 1 human helping out another

lol that game was the end of the world for me, its all downhill from here, i dont think i'll ever expierence anything like it, this is it, this is what they mean when people talk about games as art, this game made me feel something, not alot of other forms of media can really say that to me, now if you'll excuse me, i have to go pay it forward and return a favor that was given to me by helping guide another person thru the desert in his journey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thought of posting about Journey but time hasn't been kind and I dont like to post much on my phone.

Hands down, one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Simple to get into, a marvel to see. The personal connections that others have mentioned really make this game what it is. I journeyed with four other people at different intervals, with the last hanging with me near the end. I lost that partner toward the end when we got separated due to an adversary (won't spoil it) and I felt so alone when I couldn't find them. Suddenly, there they where! I was so elated, even when the situation was grim. One of those games that touched me on an emotional level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Thought of posting about Journey but time hasn't been kind and I dont like to post much on my phone.

Hands down, one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Simple to get into, a marvel to see. The personal connections that others have mentioned really make this game what it is. I journeyed with four other people at different intervals, with the last hanging with me near the end. I lost that partner toward the end when we got separated due to an adversary (won't spoil it) and I felt so alone when I couldn't find them. Suddenly, there they where! I was so elated, even when the situation was grim. One of those games that touched me on an emotional level.
    Is it worth buying a PS3 for this game? It looks amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post

its hard to say, personally i dont know if any console is worth buying for any 1 game...but this one comes close lol

then again, this game is only 2 hours long

if you were on the fence about buying a ps3 however and there are at least a couple of games on the system that interest you then yes by all means get a ps3 and make sure journey is the very first thing you play on it lol

so far this generation, journey, alan wake, heavy rain, cod4, uncharted 2 & mgs4 have made sure that this generation is by far my favorite generation, bonus of that is that most of those i mentioned were ps3 exclusives

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I thought the game was amazing aesthetically speaking,

unfortunately, my first play-through was mired by a "partner" that was not at all cooperative or helpful. They rushed to the end of every level and didn't want to participate in any of the opportunities for cooperation/exploration, etc. it was like they thought it was a race.

It left such a bad taste in my mouth, but I won't criticize the game for that. The game is really great.

I'm continually jealous of users who share that they had really social/helpful/interactive users with them on their journey.

I haven't found the time to play through again, but I'm going to in the future, hopefully my partner/partners don't wind up being so stupid.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I thought the game was amazing aesthetically speaking,

unfortunately, my first play-through was mired by a "partner" that was not at all cooperative or helpful. They rushed to the end of every level and didn't want to participate in any of the opportunities for cooperation/exploration, etc. it was like they thought it was a race.

It left such a bad taste in my mouth, but I won't criticize the game for that. The game is really great.

I'm continually jealous of users who share that they had really social/helpful/interactive users with them on their journey.

I haven't found the time to play through again, but I'm going to in the future, hopefully my partner/partners don't wind up being so stupid.

damn that sucks man, i just finished beating it for the 3rd time with probably the coolest person i've ever met online, he showed me where all of the hidden areas and collectables were in 1 playthrough, and then towards the end when we knew it was all coming to a close, we flew up to the highest point in the game atop of some arches, and we just sat next to each other and enjoyed the scenery for like 2 minutes before giving each other "thank you bro" pings in our own made up language lol then he/she drew a heart for me in the snow by running all over the place before we finally gave each other our "good luck & good bye" pings and walked side by side in purposeful slow motion into the light and watched credits roll

lol simultaneously the gayest and most beautiful game expierence i've ever encountered, lol i kind of want to create a craigslist like missed connections forum for journey players to say goodbye or reconnect with their journeys bro's

frankie you should definitely give it another chance, so far this is the only game where human beings treat each other like human beings, regardless of where on the globe you reside
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 05-15-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    damn that sucks man, i just finished beating it for the 3rd time with probably the coolest person i've ever met online, he showed me where all of the hidden areas and collectables were in 1 playthrough, and then towards the end when we knew it was all coming to a close, we flew up to the highest point in the game atop of some arches, and we just sat next to each other and enjoyed the scenery for like 2 minutes before giving each other "thank you bro" pings in our own made up language lol then he/she drew a heart for me in the snow by running all over the place before we finally gave each other our "good luck & good bye" pings and walked side by side in purposeful slow motion into the light and watched credits roll
    That sounds so incredibly homo.

lol simultaneously the gayest and most beautiful game expierence i've ever encountered, lol i kind of want to create a craigslist like missed connections forum for journey players to say goodbye or reconnect with their journeys bro's
    This.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    That sounds so incredibly homo.

This.

it was gay. incredibly gay. for 2 hours i was gay. and tommorow when i play journey again. im probably going to be gay again. america...FUCK YEAH.

lol na but seriously, it cant be put into words, you have to be there to understand,its not even that awkward or weird in the moment, its a bro moment, you and your bro got a bond now...WORD

plus i can always imagine the other person being a girl or a little kid so its not gay, its cute now...so fuck you & fuck steve harvey
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 05-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    plus i can always imagine the other person being a girl or a little kid so its not gay, its cute now...so fuck you & fuck steve harvey
    Or a little girl. Pedobear approves.

Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    Just for this game? No. If you add in the awesome exclusives, free online multiplayer along with the machine being a pretty fine Blu-Ray machine and general media center, yes.