Thread: First day in Minecraft, in a nutshell

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default First day in Minecraft, in a nutshell

A machinima about the first day in Minecraft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Y'know, I've heard the hub-bub and saw it grow in blogosphere headlines since it's release but never took notice of it.

Then I played the demo on the 360 last night. It sucked me in. Hardcore. My points card, which had been sitting unused for a couple of months, was instantly spent to get the full version. After wallowing in a tundra world, I experimented until I read about using the word "gargamel" as the seed word. Then I arrived in a land filled with mountains and valleys. I found a nice spot on a hill overlooking the sea and built my house. Then came the trial and error of many things like proper bed setup (didn't know I needed torches-kept getting visits by skeletons and zombies), torch placement (didn't see the creeper near my home-blew up part of a wall and a huge chunk out of the ground I had to fill back in to fix my house) and food preparation (didn't know you could cook pork steaks on the furnace).

I have since delved into a few caves but didn't know what to expect-do I just start digging my happy heart out or is there ore and plunder waiting for me in the open? Then I started traversing the land more and decided to explore. I took to the mountains and climbed my way to the top of one so I could see the land below. Blocky though it may be, the sight was really something. I then build a makeshift shelter out of dirt, built another work bench and threw a door and some torches in and on my dwelling. Toss a bed inside and off I went to sleep.

Gotta give the Minecraft crew props on this. I hope that some of the mods that are available on PC will make its way to the console.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It really shines when you have an extra player (or more?) playing/helping with you. My 14 year-old daughter and I have been playing together all week. I really enjoy this game.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Does it play any better on the 360? I've not really sat down with either version, so I guess now would be a good time to gather some opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I'm heavily addicted to the PC version and already have the 360 version. If you really want to see Minecraft done to extremes, search on youtube for 'Mindcrack'. Their building projects are pretty ridiculous in scale and they're currently in the middle of a 13-man last-man standing deathmatch which is far more exciting than anything like that has any right to be.