Thread: Sorcery kicks off new pre-purchase functionality on PSN [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Sorcery kicks off new pre-purchase functionality on PSN [Joystiq]

Who has time to accumulate cash then wait for a game to launch before actually paying for it? In this work-a-day world, we need to prepare for such things; we need lead time. And if you're of a similar mind, it may please you to know that Sorcery will be the first game to kick off a new pre-purchase feature on PSN.

Right now, you can log onto PSN and pay for Sorcery, triggering a download granted you have auto-download enabled. Once you have the game pre-loaded, you can play as soon as Sorcery launches next week on May 22.

Sorcery is the only game you can pre-purchase through PSN right now. We've inquired with Sony about future games. Sorcery kicks off new pre-purchase functionality on PSN originally appeared on Joystiq on Fri, 18 May 2012 00:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It's not like this is a new feature or something. Plenty of games have a "buy it now and download it later" function. That's how I got all the Back to the Future episodes, paid once and let PSN+ download it to my system when they were released.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    It's not like this is a new feature or something. Plenty of games have a "buy it now and download it later" function. That's how I got all the Back to the Future episodes, paid once and let PSN+ download it to my system when they were released.
    I think most major PC releases over Steam and other services do this already. It's called pre-downloading and it's pretty standard. Not sure why anyone would need to play this game so badly the very second it's released, but I suppose it's nice that the service is offered in any event.