Thread: Stiq Figures, May 7 - 13: I'mma can't use any of my dominoes edition [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Stiq Figures, May 7 - 13: I'mma can't use any of my dominoes edition [Joystiq]

Welcome to Stiq Figures, where the sales data is after the break and the posts don't matter. Every week, we take a look at, uh, something - meanwhile, the previous week's Japanese hardware sales figures are posted after the jump, and a discussion of said figures takes place in our comments. It may not be conventional, but it's a time-honored Joystiq tradition.

By now, Mario's cheerful, sing-song voice is as endemic to the character as his mustache and overalls. Sprightly proclamations of "It'sa me, Mario!" and the like have endeared voice actor Charles Martinet's work to the hearts and minds of millions, but it might surprise you to know that Martinet's first stint as the man behind the 'stache wasn't Super Mario 64. In fact, it wasn't a Nintendo game at all.

Martinet's first appearance as the prolific plumber was actually Mario's Game Gallery, a digital collection of card and board games for DOS, Windows and Mac OS, developed by Presage Software and published by Interplay. Mario's Game Gallery predates Super Mario 64 by roughly a year, but as you can tell from the collection of sound files above, Martinet had already settled into a ridiculous, heartwarming and hilarious groove as Mario Mario.

It's physically impossible to make it all the way through this video without laughing. In fact, it might be physically impossible just to make it all the way through this video.
    Continue reading Stiq Figures, May 7 - 13: I'mma can't use any of my dominoes edition
    Stiq Figures, May 7 - 13: I'mma can't use any of my dominoes edition originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 20 May 2012 23:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Japanese hardware sales data for May 7th-13th, 2012:

3DS: 46,425
    PS3: 12,996
    PSP: 12,247
    Vita: 6,340
    Wii: 6,073
    PS2: 1,212
    Xbox 360: 1,023