Thread: LOOK : I'm selling 568 games on ebay RIGHT NOW

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow LOOK : I'm selling 568 games on ebay RIGHT NOW

Hi everybody, I'm new member on Digital Press.com ! I don't know if it's the good forum to write it.

I want to let's you know that I've list lot of games on Ebay. MINT - CIB - SEALED - RARE GAMES - Game Boy - Game Boy Color - Game Boy Advance - SNES - NES - N64 - Playstation - PC !!!! LOOK !
    Just send me a private message on Ebay if you want to make me an offer, I can negociate!
    Last edited by Berserker; 05-24-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense, but those prices are WAAAAAY high. Far above the market value for most of what I glanced at on your page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Ib4tl.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

$400 for a sealed LotP for GBA?! No way man. Reported, called the cops, set on fire, etc.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

crap, his prices make my brain hurt

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually don't respond to these types of "threads"... as I really don't care to stick my nose where someone is selling to make a living. But it has to be said, again, as my fellow posters have already stated... your prices are WWWAAAYYY out-of-line/too high!! I mean, when you start asking $40.00+ for GBA baseball game, and it only goes (WAY!!) up from there with everything else you have listed... you're going to sell very little. Not even worth the listing and eBay comission prices. In this HORRID economy, all over the world, people are looking for deals... not Craigs List CRAZIES prices. Those are games... NOT Gold and Platinum!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Posts / "members" like this are why there are locks in place before posters are allowed in the Marketplace section. This thread should be used as an example for the FAQ.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Thumbs dowwwwwwwwwwwwwn! The only way you could even get away with those prices would be if you had the only copies of them on the market. And even then it would be hard to talk people into it. Have fun paying all those re-listing fees. I'm lucky to sell anything when I price $5 under the lowest sale price of anything.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I know that I've listed high. They's are ''ebay's pricing'' . Other thins is that I inclued shipping. It cost me 10$ ship throw US or Canada, so a game at 39.99$ can be see as 29.99$ + 10$ shipping.
    But for somes others titles, I listed high just because I'm not sure I really want to sell it anyway, so I listed it high. There's lots of CIB MINT games out there, even the commun are great to complete a Game Boy Collection. Trust me that when I listed it ''MINT - LIKE NEW'' it's a gem. A real gold VGA's candidate.

But you know, I'm REALLY negociable. You can send me a Private Message, and for sure I can do great deal. Just don't hesitate

*** FOR 3/4 of those games, I'm not afraid to deal a 20-25% saves *** Just ask me.

Thank for looking. And Thank for the feedback, I appreciate, really.
    Last edited by TheBiRD; 05-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those aren't "eBay" prices. Those are "too high" prices. We're all using eBay market value as our measuring stick, and it says your games are WAY pricey.

10 bucks shipping is also WAY high. You could ship any of the games for less than 1/3 of that.

If you want the prices to be negotiable, then make them negotiable. Do strictly BIN with best offer option. Personally, with items priced that high, I wouldn't even bother making an offer. I would be be offering less than half on almost everything you've listed.

These prices remind me of the absolutely insane VGA-rated NES games on eBay lately. People seem to think that almost ANY rated game is worth 5K+. The market is so broken right now. People are trying to establish market value with a very, VERY flawed method. It's not doing anyone any favors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by TheBiRD View Post
    But for somes others titles, I listed high just because I'm not sure I really want to sell it anyway, so I listed it high.
    This is the part I don't understand. I don't sell on eBay, but isn't there a fee just to list something? Why even bother?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBiRD
    But for somes others titles, I listed high just because I'm not sure I really want to sell it anyway, so I listed it high.
    This is the part I don't understand. I don't sell on eBay, but isn't there a fee just to list something? Why even bother?

I listed because I'm a SNES collector's, but some of my GB games are Nice and rare so I would prefer to keep it, except if I get a high price for it. I already sold 1 game at 400$ (mario bros classic NES series and 2 games for 300$ - Castlevania double pak and mario advance 4 sealed) . Games like snow brother, jetson, zelda four sword are in that situation for me.

For the shipping at 10$, it's REALLY cost my 10$ by Canada Post Service. Bubble Wrapped in a hard box, by plane. I shipped 15 parcels Tueday and it's all 8$ to 13$.

** Anyway, like I said, I really appreciate your feedback, and I'll cut my price today, certainly 25% on almost everything. ***

Thanks again.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thread needs to be locked. This is the wrong area and OP needs to wait until he has marketplace posting rights to do something like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    This sounds like Nintendo Age mentality. I.e. The "look what I've got" circle-jerk.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

IIRC, non-store owners receive free listings now so it's not costing him anything but time unless someone makes a purchase.

More power to him.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBiRD View Post
    LOOK : I just signed up to spam by eBay auctions and I'm breaking the forum rules RIGHT NOW
    Fixed.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    10 bucks shipping is also WAY high. You could ship any of the games for less than 1/3 of that.
    $10 for shipping is true for Canada Post, the boxed games would have to be sent as a parcel which would start at around $10. The only way to get them less is to shove them in a bubble mailer and send them as letter mail, but who would want a boxed game crushed like that? It's why I don't usually bother to sell anything online, most people aren't willing to pay shipping costs.

That said, the prices are still all too high.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The folks citing our stance on new members selling stuff are correct - stick around for awhile, and eventually the appropriate marketplace forums for these kinds of threads will open up to you. Until then, Locked.