It's been quite a week, my friends. Not only is this my first ever Webcomic Wrapup, but I've been a member of Joystiq's staff for a mere ten days. In ten days, a lot can happen. Just this week, we witnessed the closure of 38 Studios and Big Huge Games. It was a spectacular mess.

From the news came an unbelievable public outcry. The hashtag "#38jobs" began trending across the United States on Twitter. Facebook pages, websites, and Google docs sprang up, all bellowing support for those in the industry that lost their jobs this week in the form of open job postings.

Meanwhile, I had the privilege of watching the Joystiq team document the entire disaster. In a word, it was humbling. I feel honored to be a part of this team and deliver content to you, the readers. We so easily forget that in the land of video games, there is a significant impact on the well-being of families, and the reporting of news deserves an equal touch of care.

Likewise, a giggle here or there is important. I encourage you to check out last week's webcomics and vote for your favorite after the break to get those giggles in.

Subprime Loans (Virtual Shackles)
You Got It (Nerf NOW!!)
Paynefully Subtle (No Cash Value)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (Game Over Nation)
Track and Field (Blow the Cartridge)
I know what I have to do (Magical Game Time)Continue reading Weekly Webcomic Wrapup is a stranger in a strange land
Weekly Webcomic Wrapup is a stranger in a strange land originally appeared on Joystiq on Sat, 26 May 2012 23:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments